Author Topic: The Walking Dead Thread!  (Read 138199 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The Walking Dead Thread!
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2014, 10:45:34 am »
Ok, so Eugene was a liar, leading them all on a wild goose chase.   I knew that something was up, but I didn't expect that.

I wasn't surprised that he was lying, but I was surprised that they openly discussed the mullet!

But the other group members' claims that they would have befriended and protected him as a friend, even without the lie, were disingenuous. They've given all kinds of people the brushoff.

Abraham looks like he's close to snapping.  The fact that he was willing to try to put them through that massive horde was not good.

Well just think, he had pretty much snapped already until just then Eugene came along and gave him a sense of purpose. Now that's gone.

It wasn't until I watched Talking Dead that I understood that Abraham's family members had been raped by his friends and neighbors. That would be pretty demoralizing!

I liked that his girlfriend finally showed at least something of a personality. Tara's turning into a more appealing character, too.

Worst episode ever!

Compared to those endless episodes of hanging around Hershell's farm chatting aimlessly?  :P

By the way, Gil, the whole time you've been contributing to this thread I've been impressed that you're a fan of TWD, considering your pretty highbrow taste in films.  :)

I watched a few minutes of Talking Dead afterwards.....Michael Cudlitz was on, soooo cute, and with the red hair....yum!

He was very serious and intense, though. Whereas Eugene turned out to be lighthearted and funny! Like Andrew Lincoln was last season. It's often surprising to see how different the actors on TD are from their characters on TWD.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2014, 04:56:20 pm »
I wasn't surprised that he was lying, but I was surprised that they openly discussed the mullet!

But the other group members' claims that they would have befriended and protected him as a friend, even without the lie, were disingenuous. They've given all kinds of people the brushoff.

Well just think, he had pretty much snapped already until just then Eugene came along and gave him a sense of purpose. Now that's gone.

It wasn't until I watched Talking Dead that I understood that Abraham's family members had been raped by his friends and neighbors. That would be pretty demoralizing!

I liked that his girlfriend finally showed at least something of a personality. Tara's turning into a more appealing character, too.

Compared to those endless episodes of hanging around Hershell's farm chatting aimlessly?  :P

By the way, Gil, the whole time you've been contributing to this thread I've been impressed that you're a fan of TWD, considering your pretty highbrow taste in films.  :)

He was very serious and intense, though. Whereas Eugene turned out to be lighthearted and funny! Like Andrew Lincoln was last season. It's often surprising to see how different the actors on TD are from their characters on TWD.

I love TWD. It's my favourite show after American Horror Story.
As for my taste in film, is liking foreign films considered highbrow?

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2014, 07:48:40 pm »
I love TWD. It's my favourite show after American Horror Story.

It's way further down on my list. But I'm hooked.

As for my taste in film, is liking foreign films considered highbrow?

If it's not a superhero movie and not a rom-com and nothing explodes, it's highbrow in these parts.  ;D  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2014, 03:22:28 pm »
Ok, being a Carol fan, I really liked the Carol-based episode last night.

I enjoyed the flashbacks for Carol, from her time being told to leave up to her actions at terminus.  And now we know that she didn't allow herself to get 'save-napped', but was actually hurt.

The van scene freaked me out, and I hope that Carol and Daryl's bonding may help Carol and some of her behaviors.....like the fact that she was going to leave without saying anything.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2014, 10:57:36 pm »
Ok, being a Carol fan, I really liked the Carol-based episode last night.

The recappers have taken to calling the two of them Caryl.  :laugh:

Since those two are my favorite characters, it was a fun episode for me. I don't think there are any two people on the show better equipped to spring Beth from the hospital.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2014, 01:23:13 pm »
 I do wonder now if the person in the shadows in the episode a few weeks back is now the 'Everybody Hates Chris' guy as Daryl is back to get reinforcements?

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2014, 10:24:08 pm »
I'm wondering about the death we're supposed to see this season.  Most people are leaning towards Beth, some toward Carol.

I'm wondering if perhaps they'll do something different......something along the lines like only one can survive, and the group (or maybe just one person, like Daryl, who is close to both) has to make a decision of which one to save.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2014, 12:39:23 am »
I do wonder now if the person in the shadows in the episode a few weeks back is now the 'Everybody Hates Chris' guy as Daryl is back to get reinforcements?

Oooh, good theory, Kelda! That makes perfect sense, because I didn't think Daryl would have spoken quite so mysteriously if it had been ether Carol or Beth in the shadows.

I'm wondering about the death we're supposed to see this season.

Have you heard for sure there'll be one, or are you just assuming based on previous seasons?

Most people are leaning towards Beth, some toward Carol.

They do seem like they're setting Carol up to die -- she was about to leave on her own, anyway -- whereas they're building Beth up to be a more contributing member of the group.

That would be a mistake, I think -- killing off a character that we've come to respect and feel interest in, while keeping a character who has edged up sightly in interest but still is far from exciting.

I'm wondering if perhaps they'll do something different......something along the lines like only one can survive, and the group (or maybe just one person, like Daryl, who is close to both) has to make a decision of which one to save.

Ooooh, that's another good theory, Chuck!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2014, 04:26:42 pm »
Not sure how reliable the "Inquisitor" is, but this was recently posted.

‘The Walking Dead’s’ Norman Reedus ‘Devastated’ By Mid-Season Finale

Should Walking Dead fans be worried? When it comes to the often brutal AMC zombie hit, the answer is always yes.   But a post on Walking Dead star Norman Reedus’s Facebook page may signal events far worse than what fans have come to already expect — especially considering the toll it took on the actor himself.

[Warning: Spoilers Ahead]

Reedus posted a snippet from the latest TV Guide describing shooting Walking Dead’s mid-season finale, which airs November 30.

“Reedus describes the hour’s final moments as so devastating that they unleashed an intense wave of feelings before the cameras rolled. ‘I sat on an apple box with my head between my legs and just balled for an hour,’ he says. ‘I really wanted not to tear up during [the scene] — I wanted to be like I wasted every tear in my body before we started shooting — so I just sat there and cried and cried and cried.'”

http://www.inquisitr.com/1629787/the-walking-deads-norman-reedus-devastated-by-mid-season-finale/

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2014, 10:13:36 am »
‘I sat on an apple box with my head between my legs and just balled for an hour,’ he says.

Ahem. I think the spelling they're looking for in this situation is "bawled."

But what can that mean? You'd think if it's some devastating plot turn he'd have been aware of it long enough not to be so suddenly overcome with emotion.

It's probably not Daryl dying, because actors don't usually confess to crying and crying over losing a part in a hit series (although many probably do).

So maybe it's Carol? If he's upset about Carol leaving, it would suggest that the two actors are as close in real life as their characters are. Maybe that's the case.

Perhaps the Inquisitor isn't the most reliable, but that would be a pretty odd quote for a publication to make up from scratch.

Curiouser and curiouser!

Meanwhile, I'm glad Maggie stepped up and became a little more badass last night. But I hope that's not a sign that they're shifting the balance of female badassery to Maggie (and Beth) from the doomed Carol.

And what's up with the pastor?