Author Topic: The Walking Dead Thread!  (Read 138212 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The Walking Dead Thread!
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2015, 05:22:49 pm »
I've posted other places in the forum that I'm currently re-watching the series "Charmed". 

I'm near the end of season 5, and in the most recent episode Paige (Rose McGowan) is dating a new guy, Nate Parks, the owner of a piano bar.

I looked at Nate and thought;  "He looks like Daryl."   I looked for the credits and found "Norman Reedus" in the line-up.  Turns out he's in two episodes of "Charmed" as Paige's boyfriend, until she dumps him for being married with children.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2015, 05:23:39 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2015, 10:17:56 am »
He doesn't look quite the same when he's not behind a crossbow.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2015, 04:26:28 am »
I watched two episodes of season two. :o

It's rated FSK18 here, which is an NC17 in the US. And rightfully so. I had my eyes closed at about 1/3rd of the time.
I don't want to see in all gory details how someone gets their head smashed in. Not even a zombie. Not any creature.

But I did like the story itself. I don't know if I give the series another try, but if so I'd start properly with season one, episode one. If it weren't for the explicitly shown violence I'd sure like this one.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2015, 04:07:57 pm »
Oh Chrissi,

If the violence bothers you, then I can tell you as someone who has viewed all the seasons, stop watching now.

It's a very gritty series, and you'll not only see voilence from human to zombie, and from zombie to human.....later on it becomes very 'survival of the fittest' and there is a fair amount of violence with humans against humans.

It sorta begs the question, how much violence does it take for the humans to lose their humanity?  If you are bothered by this sort of stuff, the show is not for you.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2015, 10:27:00 am »
The violence against zombies becomes so cartoonish that it doesn't bother me, though the filmmakers do go out of their way to make it gross.

The violence against humans usually doesn't bother me either. But then, I have a fairly strong tolerance for violence unless it's super gory or is the whole point of a plot (like, I would never see a movie like "Saw" or even supposedly higher quality ones like "Se7en").

There have been a couple of pretty shocking human killings on TWD, though. And I think the worst thing I've ever seen was this past half-season and it didn't even involve killing (Chuck, you may know what I'm referring to). Actually, this whole past half-season has been pretty gory.

One thing I realized years ago, when watching the movie 28 Days Later, (also a zombie movie and is actually quite good -- I would recommend it!) is that the source of tension and fear in zombie movies isn't the zombies. Unless they swarm you en masse or you have your leg stuck in a trap and can't run away or whatever, zombies aren't much of a threat -- they're slow and stupid and in this case, easy to kill. The tension and fear comes from the relationships between the survivors. That was true of 28 Days, and it's also true of TWD.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2015, 07:22:48 pm »
The violence against humans usually doesn't bother me either. But then, I have a fairly strong tolerance for violence unless it's super gory or is the whole point of a plot (like, I would never see a movie like "Saw" or even supposedly higher quality ones like "Se7en").

Oh, I agree Katherine.  When the violence is the only reason for the violence, it's a major turn off.  That's why I refuse to watch the Hostel series. 

I also agree that the main tension is the very strained relationships between the people.  It almost seems to be a way to show "man's inhumanity to man".

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2015, 03:42:50 pm »

new season starts in Feb.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2015, 10:29:06 pm »
I can't wait! Or no, I guess I actually can, because I'm currently watching a few shows I like better (Justified, Girls, The Americans -- I highly recommend all of those). But after watching TWD for lo these many years, Rick's group has somehow come to seem like old familiar friends whom I look forward to welcoming back into my living room.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2015, 09:50:17 am »
Spoilers below

If you haven't watched the new episode yet, read no further!

What a great episode!!!  I had read online that the opener was going to hit people hard, and I had thought that perhaps before they got the chance to bury Beth, they'd be overtaken by a herd of walkers, and have to abandon Beth's body while they made their escape.

I never expected to see Tyrese be bitten, or to have him die.  Damn.

And the way they had other dead characters come back......Beth, Mika, Lizzie, and the others, damn.  Such a great episode.