Author Topic: The Walking Dead Thread!  (Read 139388 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: The Walking Dead Thread!
« Reply #170 on: October 27, 2015, 05:04:56 pm »
Anc Carol is so undercover these days I barely recognized her when she was first onscreen!

Oh, the Vulture recapper also suspects that Maggie is pregnant because Glen made a special point of having her stay behind.

And now Glenn is dead *sob*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #171 on: October 27, 2015, 05:32:59 pm »
And now Glenn is dead *sob*

... Or is he? A number of factors suggest those are the other guy's entrails being ripped out, not Glenn's:

-- The other guy fell on top of Glenn.

-- Glenn looked horrified as this was happening, but not in agony. When I saw that, I thought it was a problem with his acting, but now I suspect it's actually very good walking-a-fine-line acting, suggesting he's horrified and terrified but not in physical pain, yet simultaneously leaving that unclear to viewers.

-- The walkers conveniently left Glenn's completely exposed head untouched, though it's often one of the first places they go for (remember recently when they ate someone's face).

-- On "Talking Dead," the mood was extremely mournful, with everyone more or less assuming Glenn was dead. However, the actor who played Glenn was not a guest, which is often the case after someone dies. And host Chris Hardwicke read a coy statement from the producers saying we hadn't totally seen the last of Glenn, in some form or another, whether part of him or in flashback or whatever -- leaving it open that he could return as a zombie, or partly injured, or seen in flashback, or be perfectly fine.

On the other hand ...

-- Even if he was alive when we last saw him, how would he ever get out of that predicament? Even Carol with her flamethrower or whatever it was wouldn't be able to get him out of this one.

-- And meanwhile, Rick being surrounded in the RV looked pretty screwed himself. Several people noted that they hadn't seen Rick look so despairing for quite a while.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2015, 07:45:18 pm »
^^^Also, his death wasn't included in the "in memorium" segment of Talking Dead. Of course, his survival would be quite a stretch...

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #173 on: October 29, 2015, 12:19:08 pm »
I have't seen the episode yet (I was away on Sunday) so I really can't comment on it.  I can say that Glenn does not die that way in the comic series.   I won't go into it more, to avoid spoilers, and to be honest, we've seen the comic and the show go in completely different directions.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #174 on: October 29, 2015, 06:14:01 pm »
Yeah, we now get talking dead too in the UK and I watched it but I don't see how he can get out of it.. unless it was Nicholas freaking out (you see Glen shouting at him to get him back 'with him') and it was all a 'dream' and they are still standing on that garbage bin.....
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #175 on: October 29, 2015, 09:50:49 pm »
Yeah, we now get talking dead too in the UK and I watched it but I don't see how he can get out of it.. unless it was Nicholas freaking out (you see Glen shouting at him to get him back 'with him') and it was all a 'dream' and they are still standing on that garbage bin.....

Oooh ... that's an interesting theory. Of course, even if that's the case, Glenn is still not in a good situation.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2015, 11:16:50 am »
I'll be checking out he episode when it repeats tonight.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #177 on: November 01, 2015, 10:33:34 pm »
finally saw the episode....if Glenn has survived, I don't know how.

Tonight's episode seems to be a "Morgan" episode.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #178 on: November 02, 2015, 10:06:55 am »
I liked the Morgan episode. It was a change of pace, none of the annoying characters were around, and Eastman was a great character with an interesting and sad story. It also helps explain why Morgan's a pacifist (or at least a non-murderer) and why he might be horrified by, say, Carol's nonchalant way of killing people left and right.

However, I think Eastman's way probably only worked for him because his cabin was so remote. If the Wolves attacked his place, his aikido skills wouldn't get him very far.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #179 on: November 02, 2015, 07:48:51 pm »
The Morgan episode was good, and I agree with you, I don't think Eastman's Aikido would do much against the wolves.

I will say, I was surprised that Morgan had that Wolf hidden/locked away.