Author Topic: The Walking Dead Thread!  (Read 138191 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The Walking Dead Thread!
« Reply #180 on: November 02, 2015, 08:16:24 pm »
One thing I thought about last night. They all know that if they smear themselves with zombie guts the walkers will ignore them. So whey don't they do that, especially when they're going out on dangerous missions and there are dead walkers handy? Like why didn't Glenn and whatsisname do that last week before they ventured into the town?

Online CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2015, 09:20:25 am »
I would assume that the stench in doing that would be rather strong, and while the core survivors may be used to it, Alexandrians might retch/puke, giving themselves away.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #182 on: November 04, 2015, 08:58:38 pm »
One thing I thought about last night. They all know that if they smear themselves with zombie guts the walkers will ignore them. So whey don't they do that, especially when they're going out on dangerous missions and there are dead walkers handy? Like why didn't Glenn and whatsisname do that last week before they ventured into the town?

Very good point! That method was only used once, I think, by Carol. The writers have some splaining to do. What also works is walking around with a jaw-less, armless zombie on a leash.

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #183 on: November 05, 2015, 10:31:48 am »
Very good point! That method was only used once, I think, by Carol. The writers have some splaining to do. What also works is walking around with a jaw-less, armless zombie on a leash.

actually, it was 'tested' in the very first season.   Rick and Glenn covered themselves  in guts and almost made it to a truck before a sudden rainstorm hit, and  washed the rotting scent off them.  Then they had to run.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #184 on: November 05, 2015, 07:59:58 pm »
actually, it was 'tested' in the very first season.   Rick and Glenn covered themselves  in guts and almost made it to a truck before a sudden rainstorm hit, and  washed the rotting scent off them.  Then they had to run.

You have a good memory! Thanks!

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2015, 10:39:39 am »
You have a good memory! Thanks!

Now if I could only put it to good use.  lmao!!!

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #186 on: November 09, 2015, 09:47:29 am »
Well, it seems that some of the Alexandrians are waking up and smelling the coffee.

the woman who is now acting as doctor was able to save a life, Deanna's son (Spencer) stopped the looting of the food pantry, Jessie puts down a neighbor who  took her own life and came back and gives a speech about how it's different now, and even Deanna goes after a walker, but someone needs to tell her to go for the head.

:laugh:

Maggie is pregnant, and still no sign of Glenn, I think he's alive somewhere.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #187 on: November 09, 2015, 07:19:51 pm »
someone needs to tell her to go for the head.

That's for sure. I can see why she wouldn't know. But wasn't it Rick who walked up just then? Why didn't he say anything? She could have dispatched that one with her first stab if she'd aimed it properly.

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2015, 12:50:25 am »
mid-season finale has passed.

Well, we have the zombies swarming Alexandria, Deana dead,  Glenn alive but outside the walls, Daryl and friends confronted by Wolves, a group of survivors hoping to disguise themselves as walkers (that damned kid better keep his mouth shut!) and the fight between Carol and Morgan.

All in all, great mid-season ender.  I think the fight between Carol and Morgan was necessary.   Morgan needs to be reminded that no matter what he thinks, there are people who have no respect for life.  As for Carol, she was becoming invincible.  I think she needed Morgan to knock her out, to remind her she's still human, and not invincible.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #189 on: December 03, 2015, 10:53:05 am »
I'm not sure, but I don't think those guys confronting Daryl & Co. are Wolves. They referred to their leader (Negan, was it?) so they may be some new menacing group entirely. Or did they have the telltale Ws on their foreheads?

I saw a recap that pointed out, correctly, that they should not have had the group smear themselves with walker guts to get through the horde. It's too clear a reminder to viewers that they could be using that technique much more often. They should do it whenever venturing into a walker-swarmed situation. For example, recently Glenn and that other guy could have done it before going into the town, saving all the fans those weeks of wondering about Glenn's fate.

Speaking of which, why do the walkers look so decayed on the outside, but their guts still look so fresh? Gross, I know, but still.