Author Topic: The Walking Dead Thread!  (Read 138178 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The Walking Dead Thread!
« Reply #200 on: March 19, 2016, 11:55:01 pm »
and as we get  closer to the finale, the rumors swirl around with who is the character that is going to die.

Rick and Carl are safe.....there is no way the show would kill off either character.

Michonne?  Whenever Rick has love, that love is taken.  Lori died in childbirth, Jesse and her two sons just died in the walker attack, and now Michonne is linked with him romantically.  That puts her as a target.

Glenn?  Glenn is the character that dies at the hands of Negan and his bat.  The show often follows the story line of the comics, but deviates from it just as frequently.  It's possible it's not his death.

Abraham, Aaron, Fr. Gabriel or Eugene?   Aaron hasn't been around long enough for fans to be affected by his death.  Fr. Gabriel and Eugene both have overcome cowardice in recent episodes, redeeming themselves from past failures.  It's not unusual for a character to be killed off after getting that redemption.  Abraham just broke it off with his girlfriend, in a sloppy way, and his death would be seen as karma by fans.

Daryl?  Daryl has not had as  much screen/story time as usual, and since his character is not in the comic at all, he has no "death" to match up to, and it's possible that writers will give him Glenn's death.

Carol?  At one point last year, one of the screen writers said that Carol was invincible because so many people loved her story line.  Now that her arc is complete, and her softer side is showing again, it's leading some to believe that Negan will kill Carol.

Andrew Lincoln said that the ending is very dark, and he was very upset by it.  The show has had women and children dying, but one thing it hasn't had is the murder of a pregnant woman.  This is a very dark ending, and leading many to suspect that Maggie will die at the hands of Negan.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2016, 05:15:25 am »
Sniff to the doctor's end this episode :(
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2016, 09:26:34 am »
I want  to see what is gonna happen to Carol.  I'm hoping they sent her off so that she's safe from Negan.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #203 on: April 04, 2016, 12:24:39 pm »
I finally caught up. Yikes!  :o :o :o

The recapper on Vulture thinks Glenn is the most likely. It won't be Daryl because, he said, "there would be real-life rioting in the streets." It won't be a relatively minor character like Aaron or Rosita. He doesn't think it's Michonne because Rick had his previous girlfriend die too recently. He had some reason for excluding Rick and Carl.

Other possibilities, IMO: Maggie, Abraham, Eugene.

It's possible Carol and Morgan could save the group. They've both wrestled morally with killing, and they'd have to do a lot of killing, so that might make for interesting internal conflict. However, Carol has already rescued the group once before (albeit singlehandedly), and you wouldn't think they'd repeat that pattern.

The show could live without any of those: Glenn, Maggie, Abraham, Eugene. I don't think it could go on without Rick. I think Carl needs to be there to represent the next generation. Michonne and Daryl are such cool characters, they'd be too big a loss. Until recently I'd have said the same about Carol, but I think you're right that it's possible her moral qualms signal an end to her character arc.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #204 on: April 04, 2016, 02:59:31 pm »
Yeah, it was quite the episode, and I'm still not sure who got it.

I don't think the group is going to get 'resuced'....I think Neagan will let them go.  He specificially stated he was only going to kill one of them.  Morgan and Carol are going to be at the next "group" from the comics, a group called The Kingdom.

I keep thinking on how the cast keeps calling it a "dark" episode, and one of the darkest things that could be done is kill a pregnant woman.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #205 on: April 04, 2016, 04:39:49 pm »
Yeah, it was quite the episode, and I'm still not sure who got it.

I don't think the group is going to get 'resuced'....I think Neagan will let them go.  He specificially stated he was only going to kill one of them.

Oh yeah, that's right. They'll have to stage a revolution at some point, I guess.

I keep thinking on how the cast keeps calling it a "dark" episode, and one of the darkest things that could be done is kill a pregnant woman.

Yes, either a pregnant woman or a kid.

It was pretty dark for TWD, in any case: Carol getting shot/tortured, Neagan's gang closing in, and *somebody* getting gratuitously killed in that horrible way.

But if the cast made it sound like it was even darker than it seemed, I'd say it would be either Maggie, Carl or at the very least someone from the original group. It wouldn't be Abraham or Eugene or Rosita, for example.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #206 on: April 04, 2016, 06:38:36 pm »
Let's review.

At the season finale, we had 11 survivors from our team kneeling in front of Neagan.  Rick, Michonne, Glenn, Daryl, Rosita, Carl, Maggie, Aaron, Eugene, Abraham, and Sasha.

Morgan and Carol are safe, because they're 'off-site' with the new group from the comic series, "The Kingdom".

Rick & Carl are safe, that is a given, leaving us 9 possible victims.  Rosita and Aaron haven't had enough time to become a fan favorite, so I don't think it's one them, bringing us down to 7. 

Michonne, Glenn, Daryl,  Maggie, Eugene, Abraham, and Sasha

They just killed off Rick's last love interest, so I think Michonne is safe.  For some reason,  I don't think Sasha is on the chopping block yet.  Which leaves 5.

Glenn, Daryl,  Maggie, Eugene, Abraham.   Eugene and Abraham have both become fan faves, however, Eugene was beaten up by the Saviors already, so I don't think that Neagan would want "sloppy seconds".  In the comics, Abraham dies by an  arrow through the eye, which the good doctor took in his place a few episodes ago, so it could be Abraham.

Glenn & Maggie have been here since the beginning.  Losing either would be a blow to fans, and with Maggie being pregnant, it would be a cruel, harsh death.  However, it is Glenn that faces this death in the comics.

This leaves Daryl.  A Daryl death would gut the show, and since he's not in the comic book, he could face this death.  The one thing that may save Daryl now is that  the network has so much merchandise with Daryl Dixon on it, to kill him off makes no sense.

I think it's one of the following three:  Abraham, Glenn or Maggie.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #207 on: April 04, 2016, 10:38:49 pm »
Let's review.

At the season finale, we had 11 survivors from our team kneeling in front of Neagan.  Rick, Michonne, Glenn, Daryl, Rosita, Carl, Maggie, Aaron, Eugene, Abraham, and Sasha.

Morgan and Carol are safe, because they're 'off-site' with the new group from the comic series, "The Kingdom".

Rick & Carl are safe, that is a given, leaving us 9 possible victims.  Rosita and Aaron haven't had enough time to become a fan favorite, so I don't think it's one them, bringing us down to 7.  

Michonne, Glenn, Daryl,  Maggie, Eugene, Abraham, and Sasha

They just killed off Rick's last love interest, so I think Michonne is safe.  For some reason,  I don't think Sasha is on the chopping block yet.  Which leaves 5.

Glenn, Daryl,  Maggie, Eugene, Abraham.   Eugene and Abraham have both become fan faves, however, Eugene was beaten up by the Saviors already, so I don't think that Neagan would want "sloppy seconds".  In the comics, Abraham dies by an  arrow through the eye, which the good doctor took in his place a few episodes ago, so it could be Abraham.

Glenn & Maggie have been here since the beginning.  Losing either would be a blow to fans, and with Maggie being pregnant, it would be a cruel, harsh death.  However, it is Glenn that faces this death in the comics.

This leaves Daryl.  A Daryl death would gut the show, and since he's not in the comic book, he could face this death.  The one thing that may save Daryl now is that  the network has so much merchandise with Daryl Dixon on it, to kill him off makes no sense.

I think it's one of the following three:  Abraham, Glenn or Maggie.

I thought you read the comics, so who gets hit by Lucille in the comics? I heard it was Glenn. In any event it was a rather disappointing episode. It could easily have been edited down to one hour. Not impressed.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #208 on: April 05, 2016, 10:28:09 am »
It will not be Daryl. I guarantee that. As I'm sure I've said before, it would be like if "Happy Days" had killed off Fonzie. However, right after the show I tweeted that part of me hoped it was Daryl so I could quit watching.  ;D

Chuck, I agree with your analysis: Abraham, Glenn or Maggie. However, I'd tentatively eliminate Maggie because if she dies now, what was the point of having her experience pregnancy complications? (OK, I know, as an excuse to get them out of Alexandria, but still.) What was the point of even having her get pregnant in the first place? I think pregnant Maggie bravely soldiering on without Glenn next season would be a more poignant situation than the other way around.

I think Glenn is more likely than Abraham simply because his death carries more weight. The cast members said it was a very dark episode. Abraham hasn't been around long enough for his death to be super shocking and tragic. He's one of those in betweeners -- we know him well enough for his death to matter, but not enough to warrant a season-finale cliffhanger.

So my money's on Glenn. Frankly, I've never been the hugest Glenn fan anyway, so I could live with that.

I saw some recapper argue that they shouldn't have made it a cliffhanger -- that it would have been more powerful if we'd known who it was and had until the next season to mull over the tragedy. Whereas now we're all curious but by next fall, the revelation of the victim will be sort of anticlimactic.

I'm not sure I totally agree with that, but I don't totally disagree either.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #209 on: April 05, 2016, 11:05:35 am »
I thought you read the comics, so who gets hit by Lucille in the comics? I heard it was Glenn. In any event it was a rather disappointing episode. It could easily have been edited down to one hour. Not impressed.

Hello Gil,

I don't read the comics, but I do very loosely follow the storyline online.  In the comics it is Glenn who gets the bat.