Author Topic: The Walking Dead Thread!  (Read 138204 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The Walking Dead Thread!
« Reply #210 on: November 03, 2016, 09:28:15 am »
Well ...??? Hasn't anybody been watching?

Tell you what, I was on the verge of baling after the season opener. It was just too much. But with Halloween this week I thought, OK, I'll watch E2 on Monday night. Carol and Morgan's situation is much more palatable, and the guy with the dreadlocks seems like a potentially interesting character.

I don't think Negan is interesting. The Governor was interesting because he had contradictions and nuances. Negan is just relentlessly sadistic and brutal and cruel. That got old for me in the first hour. I suppose next week you'll find me watching E3. But then I'm going out of town for two weeks and am likely to miss the two following episodes. We'll see if I'm motivated to catch up when I return.

How about you guys? What are your thoughts?

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #211 on: November 03, 2016, 10:20:40 am »
LOL!

I forgot this thread was here!!

I'm not sure if we'll see Gil here or not.  On DCF he stated that the season opener was too rough for him, and it may have put him off the rest of the show.

I didn't think there would be two deaths, so when Negan let Glenn have it, I was shocked.

After that opening, the second week was much more relaxed, and focused on Morgan, Carol and the Kingdom.

I loved the fact that King Ezikel saw through Carol's "suzy homemaker" guise, and called her on it.

I also liked where Carol ended up.  She's needed some time alone for a while, and she can have it at this  house, meanwhile, she's near the Kingdom, and can have  them for help if she needs it.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #212 on: November 04, 2016, 10:33:48 am »
LOL!

I forgot this thread was here!!

I'm not sure if we'll see Gil here or not.  On DCF he stated that the season opener was too rough for him, and it may have put him off the rest of the show.

I don't think he's alone in that. I've read other things saying TWD had gone too far. Maybe they figured after that long cliffhanger, they had to come up with something really big -- that if they just killed off Abraham, people would say, "Oh, OK, it was Abraham. That makes sense. Anyway, what else is on?"

For me, it wasn't that they also killed off Glenn. It's sad for Maggie, and because he'd been on the show since Day 1, but I've never been the hugest Glenn fan, so I can live with it. But it was those gross mounds of pulp that went over the top. And Negan demanding that Rick chop off Carl's arm was also a bit much.

But those flashbacks to Rick and Glenn from the first season -- can you believe how young they looked? I guess evading zombies for seven years gets to you.

I loved the fact that King Ezikel saw through Carol's "suzy homemaker" guise, and called her on it.

Me too. Especially after all of those people in ... what's the name of the town? ... fell for it all along.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2016, 11:25:39 pm »
Ah, the town of Alexandria. 

Gil did return to the thread, I'll nudge him about this one and see if he returns.  He did say that he really liked the Carol/Morgan episode, and the Daryl episode from last week.

This week the show is 90 minutes,  I hope it doesn't get too messy.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #214 on: November 12, 2016, 06:47:42 pm »
So who has the 'Easy Street' earworm in their head!?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #215 on: November 12, 2016, 09:02:56 pm »
LOL   I found the song on YouTube!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #216 on: November 13, 2016, 12:12:28 pm »
Horrible torture! I was relieved when they switched to Roy Orbison's "Crying," even though it was sadly tied to Glenn's death.

The song I have been remembering is the Jam song that accompanied the opening montage about Dwight.

[youtube=425,350]
[/youtube]

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #217 on: November 14, 2016, 06:50:29 pm »
Negan is going to get his in a big way......I can't wait for it to happen.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #218 on: November 25, 2016, 08:06:30 pm »
wo do you reckon will be responsible for it though??
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #219 on: November 29, 2016, 03:23:33 pm »
I'm not sure......Carl seems like he's plotting to get himself killed, hiding in Negan's truck that way.  At least Jesus is an adult, and can handle himself.

Carl is still subject to his emotional state.