Author Topic: The Walking Dead Thread!  (Read 138232 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: The Walking Dead Thread!
« Reply #220 on: December 29, 2016, 10:55:59 am »
In a series of maps, the New York Times says WD is most popular in the South!

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/12/26/upshot/duck-dynasty-vs-modern-family-television-maps.html
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #221 on: December 29, 2016, 11:36:01 am »
I now have three Funko Pop figures in my cubicle,  for the walking dead.

My supervisor at work gave me Daryl Dixson.

and I couldn't have Daryl alone, so I got Rosita & Carl.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #222 on: December 29, 2016, 11:42:11 am »
and then I ordered three more, to have my favorite characters.

Rick Grimes

Michonne

Carol

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #223 on: December 29, 2016, 11:47:24 am »

and I couldn't have Daryl alone

Wow, that's very cool! And personally, I could have Daryl alone.  ;D

You guys, I stopped watching TWD after about the third episode. I can't say I've given up on it entirely, but I don't know whether I'm going to watch when it returns.

How did the season go, Chuck and Kelda? Gil, did you bail, too?

(I also bailed on The Affair and Rectify. I hate doing that on shows that start out good-- you kind of want to know what happens, but don't really have the patience to watch it unfold.)

In other TV news, AMC has been marathoning Breaking Bad. I've been watching here and there, and since I've seen every episode at least twice it's not hard to keep up, but it's a weird way to watch an entire series. You inevitably miss some of the episodes you'd have liked to see again, and are there for less crucial episodes. With Breaking Bad that's usually not a big problem, because almost all of the episodes feature something interesting or surprising or funny or dramatic.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #224 on: December 29, 2016, 02:44:08 pm »
I watched the season the full way through.

Rosita found a gun and kept it hidden on herself.   Carl managed to sneak onto a truck belonging to the Saviors, and when they opened it, he mowed them down about three of them before they managed to subdue him.  Negan took this upon himself to send more of his people to Alexandria and take more stuff.

Spencer then talks with Negan, in an effort to get Negan to kill Rick, and put him in charge.  In response, Negan kills Spencer.  While going off, Rosita goes to shoot Negan, and instead hits his bat, Lucille, which throws Negan into a rage.  He wants to know how she got the bullet, she lies twice, and in return he has a Savior kill Gloria, the woman who watched the pantry.

Morgan and Carol are still in the Kingdom, Morgan with the general population, and Carol on the outskirts in her house.

Someone has slid Daryl the keys to his cell.  he escapes and makes his way back to Alexandria.

Rick & Aaron return from hunting and find Negan in mid rant, both Gloria and Spencer dead.  Negan informs him of what both Carl and Rosita did, and says more blood will be spilled if they don't turn over who made the bullet to him.  Eugene confesses and is kidnapped by Negan.

Maggie stands guard at the Hilltop gate. She sees something in the distance and smiles. Rick, Michonne, Carl, Rosita, and Tara enter the Hilltop and reunite with Maggie, Sasha, and Enid. Rick admits that Maggie was right all along — they have to get ready to fight. Daryl and Jesus come out to greet them.

Scenes for next season seem to show Alexandria, The Hilltop & The Kingdom all uniting against Negan and the Saviors.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #225 on: December 30, 2016, 01:24:49 pm »
I watched the season the full way through.

Rosita found a gun and kept it hidden on herself.   Carl managed to sneak onto a truck belonging to the Saviors, and when they opened it, he mowed them down about three of them before they managed to subdue him.  Negan took this upon himself to send more of his people to Alexandria and take more stuff.

Spencer then talks with Negan, in an effort to get Negan to kill Rick, and put him in charge.  In response, Negan kills Spencer.  While going off, Rosita goes to shoot Negan, and instead hits his bat, Lucille, which throws Negan into a rage.  He wants to know how she got the bullet, she lies twice, and in return he has a Savior kill Gloria, the woman who watched the pantry.

Morgan and Carol are still in the Kingdom, Morgan with the general population, and Carol on the outskirts in her house.

Someone has slid Daryl the keys to his cell.  he escapes and makes his way back to Alexandria.

Rick & Aaron return from hunting and find Negan in mid rant, both Gloria and Spencer dead.  Negan informs him of what both Carl and Rosita did, and says more blood will be spilled if they don't turn over who made the bullet to him.  Eugene confesses and is kidnapped by Negan.

Maggie stands guard at the Hilltop gate. She sees something in the distance and smiles. Rick, Michonne, Carl, Rosita, and Tara enter the Hilltop and reunite with Maggie, Sasha, and Enid. Rick admits that Maggie was right all along — they have to get ready to fight. Daryl and Jesus come out to greet them.

Thank you for that thorough update, Chuck!  :D  That's a great way to "watch" a season quickly!

Scenes for next season seem to show Alexandria, The Hilltop & The Kingdom all uniting against Negan and the Saviors.

I've seen those, during the Breaking Badathon.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #226 on: February 17, 2017, 04:21:40 pm »
Did you watch the mid season opener?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #227 on: February 19, 2017, 12:47:23 am »
Oh hell yes!  It's good to see our guys getting on the same track.  They really need to convince King Ezekial to join the fight.