Author Topic: Resurrecting the Movies thread...  (Read 1040414 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Resurrecting the Movies thread...
« Reply #1700 on: November 03, 2010, 07:27:28 pm »
I discovered a real gem from Argentina:

Bruno is dumped by his girlfriend; behind a calm, indifferent expression, his mind plans a cold, sweet vengeance. She, a modern girl, keeps on seeing him once in a while, but has another boyfriend, Pablo. Bruno becomes Pablo's friend, with the idea of eroding the couple, maybe introducing him to another woman. But, along the way, the possibility of a plan B arises, a more effective one, which will put his own sexuality into question.

A sweet romantic art film that made my heart melt. I was completely seduced by the two leads' wonderfully naturalistic performances and on-screen chemistry. A deliberately paced and understated gem.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1701 on: November 03, 2010, 09:35:55 pm »
Yes, I saw the preview of this, it looks wonderful!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #1702 on: November 20, 2010, 05:14:25 pm »
One of my new favorite movies.

The Kids Are Allright. With Annette Bening and Julianne Moore as couples who decide to get kids throw insemination.

what a great acting I love Annette and Julianne in this movie. And Mark Rufalo is such a hottie,  :P
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 07:45:26 pm by sophytofu »

Offline oilgun

« Reply #1703 on: November 20, 2010, 06:19:02 pm »
^^^I just watched it last night and really enjoyed it as well. ^^^

Today I finally saw INCEPTION, what a thrill ride that was!  I was on the edge of seat during the whole thing.  Loved it!  I was surprised to see Lucas Haas and in such a small role and, of course, Tom Hardy made my heart flutter, lol!  That guy has charisma to spare.

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #1704 on: November 20, 2010, 07:40:03 pm »
^^^I just watched it last night and really enjoyed it as well. ^^^

Today I finally saw INCEPTION, what a thrill ride that was!  I was on the edge of seat during the whole thing.  Loved it!  I was surprised to see Lucas Haas and in such a small role and, of course, Tom Hardy made my heart flutter, lol!  That guy has charisma to spare.

:laugh: :laugh:

I remember two, siting in the cinema and literally jumping up and down, mean while I was biting my nails.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1705 on: November 29, 2010, 01:37:11 pm »
Over the weekend I finally watched Enchanted, on broadcast TV.

I thought it was, well, enchanting. I liked the way the Disney people were able to, well, send up Disney films. But also, I'm in love with Amy Adams; I think she's a wonderful actress.  :D Just too bad we didn't see more of Susan Sarandon.  :-\

James Marsden didn't look too bad in those tights and riding boots, either. ...  8)

And I loved the uncredited--at least I think it was uncredited--voiceover by Julie Andrews as the reader of the story.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1706 on: November 29, 2010, 01:45:35 pm »
Over the weekend I finally watched Enchanted, on broadcast TV.

I thought it was, well, enchanting. I liked the way the Disney people were able to, well, send up Disney films. But also, I'm in love with Amy Adams; I think she's a wonderful actress.  :D Just too bad we didn't see more of Susan Sarandon.  :-\

I LOVED Enchanted. My favorite scene is where she sings "How Do You Know?" in the park. I've watched it over and over!

James Marsden didn't look too bad in those tights and riding boots, either. ...  8)

For a long time, I thought Jameses Marsden and Franco were the same person -- that is, there was this one actor named "James,' and he was in Enchanted, Milk, etc.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1707 on: November 29, 2010, 02:28:57 pm »
I LOVED Enchanted. My favorite scene is where she sings "How Do You Know?" in the park. I've watched it over and over!

That scene is a hoot! I love how it turns into this huge production number, and Patrick Dempsey seems to be the only one who doesn't know the song.  ;D

And I loved the pigeons and the rats and the cockroaches helping to tidy up Patrick Dempsey's apartment,  ;D

For a long time, I thought Jameses Marsden and Franco were the same person -- that is, there was this one actor named "James,' and he was in Enchanted, Milk, etc.

Yeah, I tended to confuse them, too.

I've secretly been wanting to see Enchanted for a long time, and I'm really glad I finally had the chance to see it.  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1708 on: November 29, 2010, 05:16:23 pm »
And I loved the pigeons and the rats and the cockroaches helping to tidy up Patrick Dempsey's apartment,  ;D

The best part of the movie!  New Yorkers got a huge kick out of this.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1709 on: November 29, 2010, 05:19:06 pm »
The best part of the movie!  New Yorkers got a huge kick out of this.  ;D

I'll bet they did!  :laugh:

I thought it was a hysterical reference/homage to the "tidying up the nursery" sequence in Mary Poppins.  ;D