Author Topic: Resurrecting the Movies thread...  (Read 1022207 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Resurrecting the Movies thread...
« Reply #480 on: December 22, 2007, 08:08:36 pm »
Ah, thanks for this tidbit, oilgun. I'll see if I can find it.

And I knew we had similar taste in movies, despite the Lars and The Real Girl slip up...LOL. But I might just have seen that on a bad day. (Leslie thinks). No...I don't think my opinion will change, no matter what day I see it. Oh well...

I think Hugh is terrific but then...look at my avatar. LOL. I am very worried about Australia, though. Nicole Kidman has been a flop in her last six movies. I am hoping she doesn't drag this down because it is my kind of movie...big sweeping epic. I love those. Hopefully Baz Luhrmann has been able to tease a decent performance out of her this time around.

L

Re your Avatar.  You wouldn't believe how long it took me to figure out it was Hugh Jackman!  For the longest time I just assumed it was Jake G.!  I don't remember ever seeing Hugh with hair like that, he's gorgeous!

I haven't heard anything about Australia.  As for Nicole, I liked her a lot in Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus.  Of course few people saw it unfortunately.  What happened to Margot at the Wedding?  That looked pretty good but I haven't read any reviews or anything.  ???

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #481 on: December 22, 2007, 08:09:35 pm »
Um, the only thing I recall thinking about when I saw that movie was how young and hot Brad Pitt was...this was in his early days, circa Thelma and Louise.

There was some other story going on, something about fly fishing as I recall...LOL

L

:laugh:  :laugh: OK -- thanks! So-watching will definitely be worth seeing a young hot Brad Pitt, huh!?

OT -- some of my friends had a Staffordshire terrier (some people call them pit bulls -- this one was friendly, tho.) and his name was Brad Pit.  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline oilgun

« Reply #482 on: December 22, 2007, 08:25:58 pm »
Ah, thanks for this tidbit, oilgun. I'll see if I can find it.

Here's the link:

http://www.darrenaronofsky.com/fountain_com.html

Let me know if you figure out how to play it!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #483 on: December 22, 2007, 08:54:50 pm »
A little commercial break for oilgun, then we'll get back to our regularly scheduled discussion....

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #484 on: December 22, 2007, 09:01:45 pm »
Re your Avatar.  You wouldn't believe how long it took me to figure out it was Hugh Jackman!  For the longest time I just assumed it was Jake G.!  I don't remember ever seeing Hugh with hair like that, he's gorgeous!

Yes, he is, isn't he? Please see the commercial break...
I haven't heard anything about Australia.  As for Nicole, I liked her a lot in Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus.  Of course few people saw it unfortunately. 

I didn't see it but I did read a few reviews. When I said 6 recent flops, I wasn't counting "Fur" on that list, since no one had seen it. My list: The Golden Compass, Margot at the Wedding, The Invasion, Bewitched, The Interpreter, Birth, and The Stepford Wives.

Oh wait...that's seven....well, a few people liked The Interpreter.

What happened to Margot at the Wedding?  That looked pretty good but I haven't read any reviews or anything.  ???

Reviews are mixed. Some folks say "more dysfunctional family." Others say, "Good portrayal of more dysfunctional family." However, it sounds like Nicole comes off as a bitch on wheels and doesn't do much to illuminate the role beyond that....I am only speaking from reviews, I haven't seen the movie.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #485 on: December 22, 2007, 09:03:24 pm »
:laugh:  :laugh: OK -- thanks! So-watching will definitely be worth seeing a young hot Brad Pitt, huh!?

OT -- some of my friends had a Staffordshire terrier (some people call them pit bulls -- this one was friendly, tho.) and his name was Brad Pit.  :)

Yeah, watch it and give us a review tomorrow...

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #486 on: December 22, 2007, 09:04:09 pm »
Bringing over a comment from the movie game, has anyone seen "Gods and Monsters"? Comments...?

Leslie

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #487 on: December 22, 2007, 09:06:59 pm »
I watched 'The Fountain' too in 'simulcast' with Leslie!

as a sort of a Christmas treat!

I love love LOVED HUGH.

The "simulcast" thing was fun. We both rented the DVD and started watching at the same time. Because we both liked the movie, we didn't talk much (on chat). It might be fun to pick and old, campy movie with a group of people and all watch together, and chat, sort of like Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K). Anyone?

L

Offline oilgun

« Reply #488 on: December 22, 2007, 09:30:21 pm »
A little commercial break for oilgun, then we'll get back to our regularly scheduled discussion....

Now, I have to go and pleasure myself!  ;D 

Heath, I'm kidding!  Don't worry, I'm still your bitch!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #489 on: December 22, 2007, 10:15:45 pm »
Bringing over a comment from the movie game, has anyone seen "Gods and Monsters"? Comments...?

Leslie

Yes.  Very good.  Excellent acting from a great cast.  Very haunting.  I bought the book it was based on as well.  Sticks with you a long time.  And Brendan Fraser was fresh from his "George of the Jungle" and his body was still showing the results of his serious workout regime. Rowr!!