Author Topic: Resurrecting the Movies thread...  (Read 1025084 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Resurrecting the Movies thread...
« Reply #710 on: January 26, 2008, 05:26:06 pm »
So last night I saw a really good film on Logo, from 2004, called Outing Riley.

I would recomend it.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTZwGePZRe8[/youtube]
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #711 on: January 26, 2008, 05:45:14 pm »
Apparently, Johnny Depp along with two other major actors will be 'replacing' Heath in The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus.  The idea is to change the actor once he goes through the magic mirror so they'll be able to keep many of the already filmed scenes with Heath.

I think that's good news if it's true.   My source is not exactly official, it's a poster on IMDb who knows a Vancouver costume designer, Jane Still, who is friends with Monique Prud'homme, the film's costume designer...  It certainly sounds plausible though, considering how fantastical the film sounds and all the love and respect that both Heath and Gilliam have from other actors.

It would be nice to have another Heath moment to look forward to.

The news reports on this seem to be going back and forth on this. The Australian press says Johnny Depp is in and the movie is going ahead, while UK sources say it is stopped, no mention of Depp.

I actually think it would be terrific if Johnny could do it. I heard the same explanation about the mirror, oilgun, so I think it could be feasible. They finished all the on location and outdoor scenes in London. They were scheduled to go to Vancouver to work on a sound stage, do "blue screen" filming, and special effects. Two months of filming were left in the schedule.

I agree, it would be nice to have another Heath moment to  look forward to and not have his last movie be as the Joker.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #712 on: January 26, 2008, 05:54:25 pm »
I agree, it would be nice to have another Heath moment to  look forward to and not have his last movie be as the Joker.

I was just thinking that. Having his last movie be as the Joker will definitely be a mixed blessing at best. Nice to see Heath one more time and to hear yet another outpouring of what I'm sure will be respect and admiration. But sad, especially given all we've heard about how playing the Joker stressed him out so much it might have contributed to his need for sleeping pills.

:'(

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #713 on: January 26, 2008, 11:15:52 pm »
It would be nice to have another Heath moment to look forward to.

Amen, brother.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #714 on: January 26, 2008, 11:59:25 pm »
I agree...

:)

It would be nice for the film to be completed...  if it's not, there certainly will be all sorts of hoopla about getting a hold of the filmed scenes, etc. 

I read one report, and only one report, that said Heath had an argument with some folks related to the film... anyone else see that substantiated anywhere?  (Sorry if I should move the question to a different thread.)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #715 on: January 27, 2008, 08:29:50 am »
I was just thinking that. Having his last movie be as the Joker will definitely be a mixed blessing at best. Nice to see Heath one more time and to hear yet another outpouring of what I'm sure will be respect and admiration. But sad, especially given all we've heard about how playing the Joker stressed him out so much it might have contributed to his need for sleeping pills.

:'(

My thoughts too. I never planned to go see this movie (it's really not my type of thing), but now, i definitely don't want to.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #716 on: January 27, 2008, 10:00:04 am »
I agree...

:)

It would be nice for the film to be completed...  if it's not, there certainly will be all sorts of hoopla about getting a hold of the filmed scenes, etc. 

I read one report, and only one report, that said Heath had an argument with some folks related to the film... anyone else see that substantiated anywhere?  (Sorry if I should move the question to a different thread.)

I posted that article. I haven't seen anything else that has mentioned the argument. Supposedly he was upset because he didn't like the way a scene turned out and they wouldn't let him re-do it.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #717 on: January 27, 2008, 01:32:43 pm »
The mirror thing is already getting mixed up with THE DARK KNIGHT.  I butted into a conversation last night when I heard others saying that Heath was going to go thru the mirror and Johnny Depp would come out as the joker.  I told them that the film had already wrapped, so I don't understand why they'd need to replace him.   OILGUN's post about The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus sounds like he got the right story.   

Doesn't the JOKER die and is usually resurrected for latter films. I presume Heath's joker might meet a similar fate.  Hate to see that as Heath's last moment in film.   

Last night, the director of CANDY was talking about how Heath submerged into him into the world of a junkie. More speculation about "not being able to let go of that character."  They said that about River Phoenix and MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO.  I think this is all very premature as there is no evidence of Heath doing narcotics. But the media loves to speculate and of course assuming the worse does sell.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #718 on: January 27, 2008, 05:43:01 pm »
I'm not sure if this has already been discussed. I went to see Love in Time of Cholera and I was so disappointed. I think Javier Bardem is superb as Florentino Ariza but the movie in general lacks of the passion Gabriel García Márquez put in the novel. It seems like the director and the screenwriter are not familiar with the Caribbean culture and understanding of life and love. I didn't see the point in having an hispanic cast if the movie is in English. Some of the actors don't speak it well. Also John Leguizamo is a complete miscast.

If you don't know what this story is about I strongly recommend reading the novel and not spending your money on this movie. Really.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #719 on: January 27, 2008, 05:45:06 pm »
The news reports on this seem to be going back and forth on this. The Australian press says Johnny Depp is in and the movie is going ahead, while UK sources say it is stopped, no mention of Depp.

I actually think it would be terrific if Johnny could do it. I heard the same explanation about the mirror, oilgun, so I think it could be feasible. They finished all the on location and outdoor scenes in London. They were scheduled to go to Vancouver to work on a sound stage, do "blue screen" filming, and special effects. Two months of filming were left in the schedule.

L

The UK tabloid press (specifically the sun) as the forst place I saw it mentioned about Johnny Depp, but nothing anywhere else in the UK since, who knows...
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/