Author Topic: On Caregiving  (Read 270949 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: On Caregiving
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2016, 08:36:54 pm »
very possible.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2016, 08:50:52 pm »
I think that makes sense.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2016, 10:16:23 am »
After mom's false teeth were found, my daughter found something she had been looking for for two months: her Bluetooth device!

She was sitting at the kitchen counter and her daughter was crawling on the floor. Daughter came around the corner with the Bluetooth in her hand. . .an item that had been missing in action for several weeks!

I wonder what tooth-related thing will show up next!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2016, 11:41:16 am »
After mom's false teeth were found, my daughter found something she had been looking for for two months: her Bluetooth device!

She was sitting at the kitchen counter and her daughter was crawling on the floor. Daughter came around the corner with the Bluetooth in her hand. . .an item that had been missing in action for several weeks!

I wonder what tooth-related thing will show up next!

Hope it's not a tooth-ache!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2016, 11:07:55 am »
Ugh, don't even go there!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2016, 08:19:53 pm »
Hope it's not a tooth-ache!

I do have a toothache after a fashion. Up until last spring, I was having problems with teeth and jaw aching when I woke up in the morning. After I met and started getting serious with R., that went away. But as of November 9, it's back and I realize I've been clenching my teeth in the night.  :-\

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2016, 11:35:19 pm »
I do have a toothache after a fashion. Up until last spring, I was having problems with teeth and jaw aching when I woke up in the morning. After I met and started getting serious with R., that went away. But as of November 9, it's back and I realize I've been clenching my teeth in the night.  :-\

Darn. I'm so sorry to hear that. Isn't there something you can get to use at night so you don't clench your teeth in your sleep?  ???

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2016, 01:20:11 pm »
My dentist could make me a mouth guard but it is very expensive. I have a soft mouth guard that is used for teeth bleaching and I tried using it but I couldn't sleep very well with it in my mouth. The real solution is to destress my life. I was making progress on this until November 9, but since then I have had a major setback!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2017, 12:40:08 pm »
I'll try to put this topic back on track on the subject of caregiving. I look through last year's posts, and compare the situation then and now, and I can see that my mother is doing better (knock on wood). It's not all a straight line decline. She is having more problems expressing herself and her walk is very halting, but she is not having the "sundowner" problem anymore, is not throwing away valuable things, and is fairly upbeat most of the time. I, in turn, am more relaxed and am not blowing things so out of proportion. Maybe part of it is that things are so much more grim on the national front and I realize that I have to count my blessings where I can!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2017, 09:54:01 am »
I'll try to put this topic back on track on the subject of caregiving. I look through last year's posts, and compare the situation then and now, and I can see that my mother is doing better (knock on wood). It's not all a straight line decline. She is having more problems expressing herself and her walk is very halting, but she is not having the "sundowner" problem anymore, is not throwing away valuable things, and is fairly upbeat most of the time. I, in turn, am more relaxed and am not blowing things so out of proportion. Maybe part of it is that things are so much more grim on the national front and I realize that I have to count my blessings where I can!

Good news on all fronts! Except the national one, of course.

I guess this kind of comes under the topic of caregiving, since it's about your daughter. Are you and she getting along OK these days?