Author Topic: New longish interview with Annie Proulx (GuardianUK/Observer, Sunday June 5 2016  (Read 13374 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
You are so right, John. I feel like I want to write a complaint letter to The Guardian and ask how dare they post a picture without a proper BBM tent. It's so rude!  Forget the letter I will send a package with Bettermost cans.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Since my Annie Proulx collection was getting a little large and expensive, I checked the Bird Cloud book on CDs out of the library and listened to it during my commute. It was quite interesting and AP herself read one chapter.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Since my Annie Proulx collection was getting a little large and expensive, I checked the Bird Cloud book on CDs out of the library and listened to it during my commute. It was quite interesting and AP herself read one chapter.

I'm sure that must have been quite something, listening to her read her own words.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
Ari Shapiro interviews Annie re her new novel Barkskins
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 09:28:22 am »
"I mean, if you've got to kill off a character, you might as well do it with a bit of panache."

http://www.npr.org/2016/06/10/481449357/annie-proulx-s-bloody-new-novel-barkskins-is-about-more-than-deforestation