Author Topic: David Harbour (Randall Malone of Brokeback Mountain) makes a SPEECH 01-29 2017  (Read 9836 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-2017-award-season-live-blog-see-david-harbour-s-fiery-acceptance-1485746407-htmlstory.html

SAG Awards
See David Harbour's
fiery acceptance speech
for Stranger Things

JAN. 29, 2017, 7:20 P.M.

Stranger Things won the SAG Award for ensemble in a drama series, and
David Harbour, who plays Chief Jim Hopper, delivered an impassioned
speech about the importance of fighting for the disenfranchised.

Read his speech in full below:

This is unreal. I’m supposed to start talking. I’m sorry. I’m sick.

On behalf of this fearless and talented cast, we would like to thank -- oh, it's so heavy --
Netflix, Shawn Levy, Matt Duffer, Ross Duffer and the amazing casting director Carmen Cuba.

I would just like to say that in light of all that’s going on in the world today, it’s difficult to celebrate
the already celebrated Stranger Things, but this award from you, who take your craft seriously,
and earnestly believe, like me, that great acting can change the world, is a call to arms for our fellow
craftsmen and women to go deeper and, through our art, to battle against fear, self-centeredness and
exclusivity of our predominantly narcissistic culture and through our craft to cultivate a more empathetic
and understanding society by revealing intimate truths that serve as a forceful reminder to folks that
when they feel broken and afraid and tired, they are not alone.

We are united in that we are all human beings and we are all together on this horrible, painful, joyous,
exciting and mysterious ride that is being alive.

Now, as we act in the continuing narrative of Stranger Things, we 1983 Midwesterners will repel bullies,
we will shelter freaks and outcasts, those who have no homes, we will get past the lies, we will hunt monsters,
and when we are at a loss amidst the hypocrisy and the casual violence of certain individuals and institutions,
we will, as per Chief Jim Hopper, punch some people in the face when they seek to destroy the weak, and the
disenfranchised, and the marginalized, and we will do it all with soul, with heart, and with joy.

We thank you for this responsibility.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c996ra7Wqn0[/youtube]
Published on Jan 29, 2017

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
I saw this played on morning news this morning. The broadcast on the news focused on Wynona Ryder's facial expressions. At one point she looked briefly, genuinely alarmed, for some reason.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
I saw this played on morning news this morning. The broadcast on the news focused on Wynona Ryder's facial expressions. At one point she looked briefly, genuinely alarmed, for some reason.

Well, there is this take, Jeff:

http://www.vulture.com/2017/01/sag-awards-made-for-great-unfiltered-tv.html

SAG AWARDS 2017

The SAG Awards Made for Poignant, Politically Relevant TV
By Jen Chaney @chaneyj
January 30, 2017 11:49 a.m.

"The only thing more emotionally charged than Harbour’s words was the full musical scale of emotions that played across Winona Ryder’s face while he was talking.
( http://www.vulture.com/2017/01/winona-ryders-13-best-sag-speech-reaction-faces.html ) Was Ryder a little drunk, or just overly expressive because she was caught up in the shock of having won an award that, honestly, most people thought would go to The Crown ? It didn’t matter. In roughly a minute and a half, Ryder summarized the vast array of conflicting feelings many Americans have experienced since the inauguration. Actually, in that minute and a half, she might have captured every feeling every human being has ever had in his or her life. Witnessing it was a gift that also, inevitably, produced several GIFs." ( http://giphy.com/search/Winona-Ryder?sort=recent )

"Camping Out"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
lmao @ Wynonna's expressions.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Whoooo Wheeeee, talk about a blue streak, he was on fire! This will be one of my all time favorite things anyone has ever said or done.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

• BetterMost Supporter!
Whoooo Wheeeee, talk about a blue streak, he was on fire! This will be one of my all time favorite things anyone has ever said or done.

Sure did!

;)

"Camping Out"