Author Topic: Will you observe Leap Year Day?  (Read 8802 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Will you observe Leap Year Day?
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2020, 04:26:14 pm »
I guess maybe I will be observing Leap Year Day by dining out. I haven't defrosted anything, and I just don't feel like cooking and cleaning up. I'm mindful that I will be dining out next Saturday before the ballet, but still. Now I just have to decide where I want to eat.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2020, 04:42:25 pm »
The Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade apparently went well.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-29/sydney-gay-and-lesbian-mardi-gras-thousands-party-at-parade/12012588
"We have had a pretty tough few months in Australia with bushfires and coronavirus and this is a good news event."

The 78ers, who marched in Sydney's first Mardi Gras 42 years ago, drew huge cheers from the crowd.

(Thankfully  I did not march in '78 when many were arrested but I was there in '79.)
RFS volunteer Samara Moat, from North Rocks, said she was having an amazing time at her first Mardi Gras.

"It's been absolutely fantastic to let our hair down," she said.

Fire and Rescue NSW Assistant Commissioner Paul McGuigan said the event had been wonderful after a busy year and the crowd had been right behind them.

"We get fantastic support every year but this year is really special," he said.

"It's a really nice way to celebrate what's been a challenging year with the whole community coming together."

"Mardi Gras means absolute pride, joy and acceptance — just being loved for who you are and a complete excuse to be fabulous,"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2020, 10:09:07 pm »
 :D
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2020, 09:29:46 pm »
So I observed Leap Year Day be getting take-out for dinner.  ;D  I didn't feel like cooking. I've been wanting to try a place that opened about a year ago near where I used to rent an apartment. The sole offering is fried chicken and various side dishes. The sign outside describes it as "Craft Fried Chicken." When the place first opened, the sign read "Artisanal Fried Chicken."  ;D  The chicken was good, the pieces were generous in size, there was just more pepper in the breading than I care for.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.