Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain Remake?  (Read 23656 times)

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Brokeback Mountain Remake?
« on: March 27, 2017, 12:56:41 pm »
I'm hearing rumors to the fact we may see one in the near future. I don't mean the Lesbian one.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Brokeback Mountain Remake?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 02:04:30 pm »
 :o :o :o

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 02:25:30 pm »
Why would anybody even think this was necessary?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 04:30:36 pm »
I hope those rumours are false.

There's absolutely nothing a remake can do better than the original.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 08:29:10 pm »
It's only been 12 years or so.  It's too soon for a "remake"

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 12:04:30 pm »
When it comes to BBM, it will always be too soon for a remake!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 06:29:04 pm »
actually, for BBM there may be a time where it's 'too late' for a remake.

If attitudes towards the lgbtiq community continue to change, a remake of Brokeback would be seen almost as a 'period  piece' where you have to go back in time for the story to be plausible.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Daysikia92

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 01:46:18 am »
That sucks. return man 3
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 02:46:45 am by Daysikia92 »

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 04:11:35 pm »
Literally disgusting.  :-X

But beware. It could happen--Spiderman and Batman reboots/re-re-reboots are just now assumed. And now we have heard this:

(FYI: Gross.  :P :P :P )

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/matrix-reboot-works-at-warner-bros-986292

While some at Warners consider the title [The Matrix] among the studio's sacrosanct properties, like Casablanca, others see a need to redevelop it in an environment where studios are desperately looking for ways to monetize their libraries and branded IP is hard to come by.

'The Matrix' Reboot in the Works at Warner Bros.
(Exclusive)

by Borys Kit, Kim Masters, Rebecca Ford
MARCH 14, 2017 6:13pm PT

The 1999 sci-fi movie is coming back.

More Matrix ? Bet on it.

It's still not clear what shape the project will take, but sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Warner Bros. is in the early stages of developing a relaunch of The Matrix, the iconic 1999 sci-fi movie that is considered one of the most original films in cinematic history, with Zak Penn in talks to write a treatment.

Sources say there is potential interest in Michael B. Jordan to star, but much must be done before the project is ready to go.

At this point, the Wachowski siblings, who wrote and directed the original and its two sequels, are not involved and the nature of their potential engagement with a new version has not been determined. Certainly, Warners would want the two filmmakers to give at minimum a blessing to the nascent project. The studio had no comment.

Joel Silver, who produced the original trilogy, is said to have approached Warners about the idea of mining The Matrix  for a potential new film. However, Silver sold his interest in all his movies to the studio in 2012 for about $30 million, according to sources. Warners is said to be leery of including him in any meaningful role, as he not only has a reputation for budget-control issues, but apparently has a strained relationship with the Wachowskis. The siblings hold much more meaning for fans than the producer. Silver's reps did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Written and directed by the Wachowskis, the original movie sees humanity living in a simulated reality, unaware that humans are in pods in which their bodies are being harvested for energy. A computer programmer named Neo (Keanu Reeves) slowly becomes aware of this suppressed existence, eventually becoming humanity's one true hope (Neo = One) to overthrow the oppressors. The pic also starred Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss and Hugo Weaving.

The Matrix was released in a quiet period of the 1999 release calendar — March 31 — and Warner Bros. didn't have outsized expectations for an action movie with obvious manga and comic-book influences. But the story and groundbreaking special effects (including the slow-motion "bullet time" effect, which launched dozens of imitators in the years that followed) became the highest-grossing R-rated film of 1999 in North America, and the fourth-highest-grossing film of the year worldwide. It also won four Academy Awards.

Two sequels, The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions, were not as well received, but Reeves' deal for those films made him one of the richest actors in Hollywood.

While promoting John Wick: Chapter 2, Reeves said he would be open to returning for another installment of the franchise if the Wachowskis were involved. "They would have to write it and direct it. And then we'd see what the story is, but yeah, I dunno, that'd be weird, but why not?" he told Yahoo Movies. However, it is likely that Warners will look elsewhere to attract an A-list director and star.

While some at Warners consider the title among the studio's sacrosanct properties, like Casablanca, others see a need to redevelop it in an environment where studios are desperately looking for ways to monetize their libraries and branded IP is hard to come by.

The idea of adapting The Matrix as a television series was nixed in recent months. But Warner Bros. sees a model in what Disney and Lucasfilm have done with Star Wars, exploring the hidden corners of the universe with movies such as Rogue One: A Star Wars Story or the in-production young Han Solo film. Perhaps a young Morpheus movie could come out of the exploration, as an example.

Penn is a writer with deep roots in the geeky genres in which Matrix travels. He created the Syfy network's superpowered show Alphas and has been involved in comic-book movies ranging from the X-Men franchise to The Avengers.

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline BBM_victim

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 08:39:13 pm »
Guys! Guys!

Surely, this sounds like a ridiculous idea at first! But wasn't the initial idea kind of "crazy", too? "Love story of two gay cowboys"?? It was a miracle that Ang Lee was able to create this movie SO perfectly! [Well, the original material was great, too.]

Anyway, i would totally support the idea of a remake if they show us MORE or their love and passion, LESS pain and a MORE happy ending!!! So that we can stop torturing us with Ang Lee's version! :laugh: Anybody with me?????????

Maybe it's the fact that i watched the movie so late, but i feel in a way it became kind of a "taboo" subject - especially because it is a totally heartbreaking story AND because Heath died  :'(. Jake G is never glad to talk about it. His face gets so sad each time somebody asks him about Heath or BBM and he sighs deeply. There are no more of Ang Lee's comments (he kind of disappeared, too), hardly any deleted scenes or other extras. As everybody points out we are all left with "never enough"... I would be actually quite interested to see a remake  ;D