Author Topic: Summer Recipes  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Summer Recipes
« on: August 23, 2021, 01:49:02 pm »
We don't have many summer holidays compared to winter. But the bounty of summer is worthy of celebration. Today I'm making a Trader Joe's copycat recipe: corn salsa. It's pretty easy. https://inquiringchef.com/sweet-and-spicy-corn-salsa/

I purchased way too much corn from the food co-op and I'm hoping this will be a good way to preserve it.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
Re: Summer Recipes
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 12:10:00 pm »
I love how in summer you can throw just about anything together -- a protein and a bunch of produce -- and it's good. For example tonight I will make either saut?ed corn, onions, peppers and tomatoes with bacon or poblanos stuffed with chorizo, corn, onions, tomatoes and cheese.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 12:48:18 pm »
Sounds delicious! Have you noticed the common theme of corn in these recipes? I think I've purchased 2 dozen ears of corn this month! Just can't get enough of it!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 06:42:00 pm »
Sounds delicious! Have you noticed the common theme of corn in these recipes? I think I've purchased 2 dozen ears of corn this month! Just can't get enough of it!

Can't get enough corn or fresh tomatoes. And corn works with just about everything. They have sweetcorn ice cream here.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 08:38:39 pm »
Can't get enough corn or fresh tomatoes.

Got that right. There is an Amish vendor at my farmers' market who always has the most wonderful Beefsteak tomatoes, big as a softball and very flavorful.

They have sweetcorn ice cream here.

:P

I wish I knew where to find fresh peach ice cream.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.