614,067 Posts in 14,776 Topics by 2,746 Residents
Latest Member: Agivery
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2018, 04:20:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum  |  The World Beyond BetterMost  |  The Culture Tent (Moderator: Sheriff Roland)  |  Topic: Armie Hammer & Timothée Chalamet find love in Call Me By Your Name (2017) 0 Residents and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Armie Hammer & Timothée Chalamet find love in Call Me By Your Name (2017)  (Read 142958 times)
Aloysius J. Gleek
BetterMost Supporter!
BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: September 08, 2018, 12:46:15 am »

http://www.vulture.com/2018/09/timothe-chalamet-has-gone-all-medieval-on-his-hair.html

Good night,
sweet haircut

Timothée Chalamet
Has Gone All Medieval on His Hair in
The King
By Jackson McHenry
@McHenryJD

September 07, 2018 9:00 pm

Timothée Chalamet; posthumous portrait of Henry V
Photograph by  Getty Images, National Portrait Gallery, London

Timothée Chalamet, a Renaissance portrait of a feckless dauphin reborn into the 21st century, has apparently decided to fully commit to the look. Chalamet cropped up at the Toronto International Film Festival this weekend with a new cropped look. If you are looking for someone to blame — or thank, if you have a thing for the 15th century — Chalamet appears to have cut his hair for his role in Netflix’s
Henry V movie The King, which was filming this summer. Long gone are the locks that charmed Armie Hammer and Lady Bird; now Timmy must prepare for the Hundred Years’ War and learn how to use a longbow or swing a sword or shout about Saint Crispin’s Day.

Point is, once The King  comes out, every wispy half-deep college freshman is probably going to copy him and look like a monk and it’ll be hilarious.

Good night, sweet haircut. Photo: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"
Aloysius J. Gleek
BetterMost Supporter!

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: September 14, 2018, 05:11:30 pm »

Cool Cool Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7y9Vydf09U

Armie Hammer:
Call Me By Your Name  (The Sequel!)
“Will Happen” - Variety

Crema Heart
Published on Sep 8, 2018

and also:

Variety Studio
Published on Sep 8, 2018

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/armie-hammer-call-me-by-your-name-sequel-will-happen-1202933533/

Armie Hammer: Call Me by Your Name  Sequel "Will Happen’’

By MARC MALKIN
SEPTEMBER 8, 2018 1:02PM PT

The sequel to Call My By Your Name  is coming along quite nicely.

Armie Hammer says, “It will happen because there are already people working on it and trying to make it happen.”

The actor, however, is tightlipped about revealing too much. “How much do I know and how much could I tell you are two very different things,” he said at the Variety Studio presented by AT&T at the Toronto International Film Festival while promoting his new real-life drama “Hotel Mumbai.” “I know a lot, but I can’t tell you anything.”

Director Luca Guadagnino has never been shy about his desire to make a sequel with Hammer and Timothée Chalamet. He has said the follow-up would take place in the early 1990s, about five years after the original time, and will touch upon the early years of the AIDS epidemic.

“More than anything I trust the artistic direction to Luca and novelist André Aciman and to those guys who did such a good job handling it the first time around,” Hammer said. “The only thing I want to see is I want to see it happen. I want to do it again.”

“I miss the whole crew,” he added. “It was such a special time. It was such a collaborative, unique, and totally immersive filming experience that I never really had, nor since. If we get to do another one, I’ll feel really lucky.”

Hammer continues to receive peached-theme gifts, including peach-flavored Haribo candy. A fan gave him a 10-pound bag for his birthday after one of his performances on Broadway in “Straight White Men.”

We had to ask if anyone from the peach industry has approached him about becoming a spokesman. “I’m pretty sure the peach industry saw what we did to the peaches and was like, ‘We can’t go there,’” Hammer said before adding with a laugh, “Peaches — they’ve got a variety of uses.”

http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/cmbyn-sequel-will-address-aids-luca-guadagnino-says.html

Luca Guadagnino
Plans to Address the AIDS Epidemic in the
Call Me by Your Name
Sequel
By Jackson McHenry
@McHenryJD

January 25, 2018 4:14 pm

Photograph by Daniel Bergeron  (Photo stolen from IndieWire 10-17-17 and used here by JG just because solemnity, gravitas!)

While Call Me by Your Name  skirted many of the typical tropes of gay love story, its sequel may tackle one of them directly: the specter of HIV and AIDS. Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter *, Luca Guadagnino said the sequel, which will likely be set in the late 1980s around the time of the fall of the Berlin Wall, will certainly address the epidemic. “I think it’s going to be a very relevant part of the story,” he said. “I think  Elio (Timothée Chalamet) will be a cinephile, and I’d like him to be in a movie theater watching Paul Vecchiali’s Once More … That could be the first scene [in the sequel].” Once More  (also known as Encore) was released in 1988 and was the first French feature film to address the disease.

If that were the opening scene, then the sequel would a far different tone than the sunnier original (and André Aciman’s original novel), that, it seems, is Guadagnino’s intention. “In my opinion, Call Me  can be the first chapter of the chronicles of the life of these people that we met in this movie,” he said. “If the first one is a story of coming of age and becoming a young man, maybe the next chapter will be, what is the position of the young man in the world, what does he want — and what is left a few years later of such an emotional punch that made him who he is?” Not to give Luca any notes, but if we open with Elio watching Once More  and wearing Billowy, the hand-me-down shirt he got from Oliver, that might be too much to bear.

*https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/call-me-by-your-name-director-reveals-details-planned-sequel-1077963

More video updates,
André and Luca, keep 'em coming
re the sequels!!

André Aciman and
The Sequel(s) of CALL ME BY YOUR NAME | TIFF 2018

TIFF Originals
Published on Feb 2, 2018

André Aciman, the writer of Call Me By Your Name, discusses potential sequels.

The latest from director Luca Guadagnino (I Am Love, A Bigger Splash) explores the tentative relationship that blooms between Elio (Timothée Chalamet), a 17-year-old boy on the cusp of adulthood, and his professor father's older research assistant Oliver (Armie Hammer), who joins the family at their vacation villa over the course of an Italian summer. With a script by James Ivory, Guadagnino has fashioned André Aciman's 2007 novel of sexual awakening into a note-perfect tale of forbidden love.

André Aciman is an American essayist and novelist originally from Alexandria, Egypt. He teaches Comparative Literature at the Graduate Center of City University of New York. He is the author of Out of Egypt: A Memoir, False Papers, Alibis, and four novels: Enigma Variations, Call Me by Your Name, Eight White Nights, Harvard Square. He is the co author and editor of Letters of Transit  and of The Proust Project. Aciman is the recipient of a Whiting Writers' Award, a Guggenheim Fellowship as well as a fellowship from The New York Public Library's Cullman Center for Scholars and Writers. He has written for The New York Times, The New Yorker, The New Republic, The New York Review of Books, and he has also appeared in several volumes of Best American Essays.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:42:15 pm by Aloysius J. Gleek » Logged

"Camping Out"
Aloysius J. Gleek
BetterMost Supporter!

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: September 14, 2018, 09:39:42 pm »

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/10/14/call-me-by-your-name-sequel-possible

We May Be Getting A Sequel To
Call Me by Your Name
Director Luca Guadagnino drops some juicy hints.

by SIDDHANT ADLAKHA
Saturiday Oct 14 2017

Armie Hammer and Timothée Chalamet in Luca Guadagnino's Call Me by Your Name

Call Me By Your Name  hasn't been released in theatres yet, but as one of the best reviewed films out of both Sundance and the New York Film Festival, it's rightly receiving a lot of buzz. Some of that buzz now includes plans for a sequel, which would be in line with the film as it relates to André Aciman's original novel from 2007. You should probably steer clear of the rest of this article if you're looking to avoid spoilers, but that'd also be like trying to "spoil" the premise of [Director Richard Linklater's] Before Sunset  or Before Midnight, comparisons I don't make lightly given just how good Luca Guadagnino's latest is.

While speaking to ScreenDaily, Guadagnino shared a few details about a potential follow-up. Aciman's novel has Oliver and Elio meet up in America fifteen years after the events in Italy, though the potential sequel film doesn't seem like it's going to follow this to the letter since it'll take place only seven years later: ( https://www.screendaily.com/news/luca-guadagnino-plots-call-me-by-your-name-sequel-exclusive/5123280.article )

“I want to do a sequel because Timothée Chalamet, Armie Hammer, Michael Stuhlbarg, Amira Casar, Esther Garrel – they are all gems,” said Guadagnino during a sit-down at the BFI London Film Festival, where Call Me By Your Name  played as a gala. “The texture we built together is very consistent. We created a place in which you believe in the world before them. They are young but they are growing up.”

“I don’t think Elio is necessarily going to become a gay man. He hasn’t found his place yet. I can tell you that I believe that he would start an intense relationship with Marzia [Esther Garrel’s character] again,” he said.

That second bit might raise some eyebrows from people who haven't seen the film given how much acclaim it's receiving for its intimate portrait of a same-sex releationship, though it should be noted that Guadagnino (a gay man himself) is not speaking out of turn, as his depiction of Elio and Oliver's sexualities is both complex and difficult to pin down at this stage in their lives. Guadagnino also envisions Elio as the kind of character who could recur throughout his filmography (much like Truffaut's Antoine Doinel), though if I'm being honest, what I really want is Armie Hammer dancing to songs from various decades.

The sequel, should it happen, won't be released until 2020, but it's already a damn exciting prospect. We'll keep you posted as soon as we hear more.

Luca Guadagnino for Fantastic Man Magazine No. 26

"I think I'll make another film in the future about the characters in Call Me by Your Name.  I'd love to make a cycle of films based on them. How they grow up. Will they meet again? What happens when they meet again?"

Director Luca Guadagnino delivers an interview vérité in the new issue of @ManFantastic ahead of the worldwide release of his spectacularly romantic new movie Call Me by Your Name.

#LucaGuadagnino #CallMeByYourName
#FantasticMan #Cinema #Art #Culture #KarlaOtto

"I think I'll make another film in the future about the characters in Call Me by Your Name.  I'd love to make a cycle of films based on them. How they grow up. Will they meet again? What happens when they meet again?"

Do you know?? I've been thinking  this! The very last five pages of the book (at the end of Part 4, "Ghost Spots") have a very open-ended quality, no?? Obviously Luca, André and producer Peter Spears have talked about it. Shades of director Richard Linklater's Before Sunrise  (1995), Before Sunset  (2004) and Before Midnight  (2013), which I have always loved!

FYI: Richard Linklater: No one’s ruling out a Before  quadrilogy, FEBRUARY 27, 2017,
http://ew.com/movies/2017/02/27/richard-linklater-before-sunset-trilogy/

Celine (Julie Delpy): "Baby. You are going to miss that plane." (talk-singing along with Nina Simone to  Jesse)
Jesse (Ethan Hawke): "I know." (laughs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip9PgKmil0s

Before Sunset  (2004)
Julie Delpy & Ethan Hawke
(by director Richard Linklater)

Published on Apr 9, 2015

"Camping Out"
Aloysius J. Gleek
BetterMost Supporter!

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: September 14, 2018, 10:03:06 pm »

WHELP!
I thought about that
exactly a year ago!

Cheesy Wink Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PSdyzfokf8

Anatomy of the Dreamlike Romance:
Call Me By Your Name  vs. Before Sunrise

Like Stories of Old
Published on Mar 31, 2018

Comparing Call Me By Your Name  and Before Sunrise  to uncover the anatomy of the Dreamlike Romance.

Do you know?? I've been thinking  this! The very last five pages of the book (at the end of Part 4, "Ghost Spots") have a very open-ended quality, no?? Obviously Luca, André and producer Peter Spears have talked about it. Shades of director Richard Linklater's Before Sunrise  (1995), Before Sunset  (2004) and Before Midnight  (2013), which I have always loved!

FYI: Richard Linklater: No one’s ruling out a Before  quadrilogy, FEBRUARY 27, 2017,
http://ew.com/movies/2017/02/27/richard-linklater-before-sunset-trilogy/

Celine (Julie Delpy): "Baby. You are going to miss that plane." (talk-singing along with Nina Simone to  Jesse)
Jesse (Ethan Hawke): "I know." (laughs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip9PgKmil0s

Before Sunset  (2004)
Julie Delpy & Ethan Hawke
(by director Richard Linklater)

Published on Apr 9, 2015

"Camping Out"
Aloysius J. Gleek
BetterMost Supporter!

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: September 14, 2018, 10:15:58 pm »

Omg.
WOW!

Shocked Shocked Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i47zrx24dpY

The Movies That Influenced
Call Me By Your Name

Nerdwriter1
Published on Mar 22, 2018

"Camping Out"
Aloysius J. Gleek
BetterMost Supporter!

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: September 15, 2018, 01:28:41 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0h6ltqZvVk

In Conversation:
Timothée Chalamet
Star of Beautiful Boy
TIFF 2018

sandra innit
Published on September 8, 2018

and also:

Vanity Fair
Published on September 7, 2018

Almost a year after his first Oscar nomination, the 22-year-old actor feels a "genuine gratitude"—not to mention lingering superfandom for his "Beautiful Boy" co-stars Steve Carell and Amy Ryan.

"Camping Out"
Front-Ranger
BetterMost Moderator
The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

I'm marching for her!

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: September 15, 2018, 09:50:20 am »

Great news about the sequel!!

I've heard that Beautiful Boy is a sad movie.

May 2018 be better for us all.
Aloysius J. Gleek
BetterMost Supporter!

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Today at 02:41:27 pm »

Great news about the sequel!!

Of course I'm greedy, Lee, I don't want a sequel, I want a SERIES or CYCLE of films with all the same characters/actors!   laugh laugh laugh

I've heard that Beautiful Boy is a sad movie.

Yes.   Undecided Undecided Undecided

"Camping Out"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] Go Up Print 
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum  |  The World Beyond BetterMost  |  The Culture Tent (Moderator: Sheriff Roland)  |  Topic: Armie Hammer & Timothée Chalamet find love in Call Me By Your Name (2017) « previous next »
Jump to:  

Listen to Brokeback Mountain Radio 1
Listen to Brokeback Mountain Radio 1

Help keep this site operating by donating.

Web bettermost.net
Image courtesy of 'AuroraLucis'

No more beans.  I'm sick of beans.