Author Topic: Archive Unveiling *Updated on 4/10*  (Read 21215 times)

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
Archive Unveiling *Updated on 4/10*
« on: April 05, 2006, 01:13:01 am »
Well you may have already seen it, you may have been part of it, you may have heard buzz about it, or you may have no idea wtf I'm talking about.

Last week during the infamous troll wars, desperate to save some of our most valued, classic moments on the IMDB boards, a group of people scavenged the boards and saved every thread they could.  The mission: to have a safe, simple archive we can go to to save our favorite threads, and read ones we may have missed.

The threads are going to look exactly like the IMDB page, but it is read-only, you can not reply to these threads, they will have to manually updated if the threads still exist on IMDB.  That can easily be done by contacting me.

There are a few aspects I'd like to work on, that will take time, like the layout, the categorization of the threads, and adding more threads that we overlooked.  If you have any suggestions or notice any errors once you've looked it over, feel free to respond in this thread or PM me.  And if you are mentioned anywhere, or have any threads you started, or replies you made and you do not want them on here, let me know, I'll gladly edit it out.

Please, please, please keep the link within this forum.  Just as a precaution.  We don't want to post links all over and have IMDB shut us down, now do we?!  lol  But seriously, treat this link like you would an invitation to this board.

Last, but not least, I have to give many thanks to everyone who was involved in saving these threads.  First to all of us for making these threads, spilling our guts all over the internet for fellow brokies to see, making heart felt thought provoking posts, hilarious laughter inducing posts, and informative and resourceful posts.  Damn, we're smooth.

A very special thanks to:  Jenny, Ann Marie, JUDE<3, Lee, Lynn, Kelda, Celeste, Joyce and Courtney.  If I left anyone off who contributed, I'll never forgive myself  :(  Or maybe I will, it's late and my eyes hurt and I can't think straight.

Hope you enjoy..

http://www.geocities.com/bbmarchive

Update on 4/10/06:  If you find threads on IMDB that are NOT on the archive, and think they should be, please do the following:

Go to the thread.  Right click.  Click "View Source" or "View Page Source".  Click edit, select all, copy.  Open Notepad or Wordpad (we're going as basic and simple as possible, so please avoid using Word), paste text, save the file with a relevant name (i.e. thread.txt). 

If you have multiple threads, please zip them, and attach them to an e-mail.  Or just the single txt document.  The e-mail is [email protected]

If you feel confident that the thread will not be deleted within 24 hours, just PM me a link to the thread and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

We are working on organizing the threads into more specific categories, and a few threads have been added in the past week.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 08:02:02 pm by littledarlin »
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

vkm91941

Re: Archive Unveiling
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 01:17:44 am »
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!  :o A huge round of applause for Jenny, Ann Marie, Lee, Lynn, Kelda, Celeste, Joyce and Courtney and anyone else ;D who helped create this wonderful Vault  of our words and memories!  You are all incredible!

Offline montferrat

• "hunh?!"
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 01:20:41 am »
Wow!  That is so freakin' cool!   Except, I hope I don't find some horrible post I made whilst PMSing....

And whatever happened to valerie-lp ???

I used to love her!
"hunh?!" ~ Ennis Del Mar

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 01:21:01 am »
Bad ass!  Thanks everyone!

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 01:21:35 am »
Thanks!  Wonderful.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 01:21:46 am »
wow! thanks everyone, that is amazing!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Spooky_Rabbit

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jimmy
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 01:26:50 am »
That is amazing!

How did you do that?  Magic?

Nice to see our old stuff, couple I even began.

A M A Z I N G ! ! !   ;D
I know I shall meet you on that final day! Water Walkin' Jesus, take me away...

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 01:28:08 am »
 :o Wow...thanks a lot guys!

Offline littledarlin

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 01:29:23 am »
That is amazing!

How did you do that?  Magic?

Nice to see our old stuff, couple I even began.

A M A Z I N G ! ! !   ;D

it was hardly magic.  it was a labor of love, lots of e-mails, and even more copying and pasting lol

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 01:35:54 am »
Wonderful.  Thanks to all who contributed.
Ah, the lake scene camera move.

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 01:49:40 am »
I remember having a sneak peak of this last week. It's looking GREAT!!! Way to go guys!  :-* :-* :-*

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 06:18:12 am »
If I left anyone off who contributed, I'll never forgive myself. Or maybe I will, it's late and my eyes hurt and I can't think straight.
Yes, you forgot me, but nobody noticed, so you can forgive yourself..  :-*

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 08:43:31 am »
Ah, wonderful!  Thanks for all the hardwork guys!

Offline littledarlin

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 09:16:12 am »
If I left anyone off who contributed, I'll never forgive myself. Or maybe I will, it's late and my eyes hurt and I can't think straight.
Yes, you forgot me, but nobody noticed, so you can forgive yourself..  :-*

~ j U d E

jude, i'm such an idiot.  i didn't forget you but apparently i didn't mention you.  i just confused you with someone else.  it's really hard remembering all these different user names, real names, and e-mail addresses.  jude, i swear  :'(

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 09:40:49 am »
Andrew, this is beautiful and you are precious.  Looking at this makes me wanna cry!  Tears of happiness, of course.  :-*
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 09:54:13 am »
I am just grateful to be a small part of this effort. Thank you so much Andrew and also Jennie for your hard work, resourcefulness, and willingness to spring into action. If there were ever a hurricane in the Rockies  ;) I would call you guys first!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 10:12:52 am »
jude, i'm such an idiot.  i didn't forget you but apparently i didn't mention you.  i just confused you with someone else.  it's really hard remembering all these different user names, real names, and e-mail addresses.  jude, i swear

Ehm, Andrew I'm sorry. I was being a prick, earlier. I had my bitchy five minutes of the day.

Thank YOU for your work!! I think it's something we will all appreciate here, to have an archive full of wonderful past moments and memories we shared. I know this here is heaven (thank you Philip!) but I kind of miss the IMDb boards, so your archives will be a library for us to read through and remind us about our first and earlier feelings and discoveries of BBM.

Wonderful!

~ j U d E

Offline littledarlin

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 10:32:09 am »
jude, i'm such an idiot.  i didn't forget you but apparently i didn't mention you.  i just confused you with someone else.  it's really hard remembering all these different user names, real names, and e-mail addresses.  jude, i swear

Ehm, Andrew I'm sorry. I was being a prick, earlier. I had my bitchy five minutes of the day.

Thank YOU for your work!! I think it's something we will all appreciate here, to have an archive full of wonderful past moments and memories we shared. I know this here is heaven (thank you Philip!) but I kind of miss the IMDb boards, so your archives will be a library for us to read through and remind us about our first and earlier feelings and discoveries of BBM.

Wonderful!

~ j U d E

girl please!  no need to apologize!  we all deserve a bitchy five mins after all this. 

and what you said about missing imdb, but being able to look back, i totally agree with and that's really why i did it.  for the most part we could've just had the memory, but some of those threads are truly classic and deserved preservation, you know?

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 10:51:18 am »
for the most part we could've just had the memory, but some of those threads are truly classic and deserved preservation, you know?
I do, I do! That's why the disappearing and desintegrating BBM board is so saddening! Hmm.. I was going to compare it with the 'Titanic' board where people have been posting for almost 10 years and I thought how wonderful it would have been to have the very first threads there too, 10 years from now, but the first posts there are from February 2006!! Guess the trolls have been over there too!  :-[

~ j U d E

Offline houstonangel88

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 11:04:05 am »
Thanks so much to  everyone involved in this wonderful project :-*   I was frantically trying to save some of my favorite threads last couple days but have only gone thru a couple of them  ;D( I have the habit of reading them at the same time). 

You  all are utterly my heroes !!!! :-*
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 11:53:48 am by houstonangel88 »

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 11:51:53 am »
Congratulations Andrew - I know you've been working your fingers to the bone and during all kinds of other stuff going on for you.

This is just wonderful!  Great work everyone ~ Jenny...you should be so proud! 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 12:20:30 pm by yaadpyar »
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 12:07:42 pm »
That's crazy nuts! You guys did an amazing job.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 12:16:26 pm »
There will be more to come as well....

but remember to NEVER mention this on the IMDb site. On either board. We don't want to attract attention to what we did. Probably not part of their terms and conditions you know. I don't want to be kicked out for it.

I hate to be that way b/c a lot of people on the big board deserve to see their threads, but #1) I warned them to save those threads all last week! and #2) maybe instead of telling them about it, we can copy and paste some of the best ones back into the board via word?

It was hard work (and still more to come, as I said) but really really worth it! I knew it would make everyone so happy. Big thanks to Andrew for thinkin' out loud at the right time, and the right place.

*MWA* everyone!

Jenny
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 10:35:44 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2006, 12:27:21 pm »
Wow I love them guys, thank you! :-* You even have my population density of gay cowboys thread on there, I thought that got lost ages ago. But it is still sad to say that no one has yet to come up with my quizes. :'( They feature on the "A summary of remarkable threads", but when you click on the link they are gone. Been deleted by those evil trolls! >:D >:(
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 12:29:35 pm »
They might be around still Becky. I have a lot of cataloging to do and I haven't sent some of my stuff in to Andrew yet.

I'll keep an eye out for them.
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2006, 12:35:01 pm »
Thanks Jen :-*, I would love you forever if you found them cause I think that alot of people on here would love to have a go at them. They are also some of my finest work!(even if I do say myself) ;D They are called "BBM Quiz" and "New BBM Quiz"(original hunh?)  if I remember correctly! :)

I am off now, but I will be on later tonight. So if you find them or anything else you think might interest me, send me a PM.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 01:07:03 pm by Becky »
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2006, 07:03:18 pm »
Bump - want to make sure folks now this is around.  I just might use my magical 'sticky' wand on it...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2006, 07:18:58 pm »
Talk about a staggering work of genius--

I can barely conceive how you managed to preserve so much, and in seeming original form--

However smart you all are (and I'm almost frightened to think how smart that is), it can't have been easy--it must have been very, very hard work.

Thank you--sincerely, thank you.

Will be spending much time in those aisles, I think--

John
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline littledarlin

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2006, 07:34:33 pm »
Bump - want to make sure folks now this is around.  I just might use my magical 'sticky' wand on it...

no!  don't!  i can't take the wrath of david t! 

jk  :P

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2006, 08:31:07 pm »

no!  don't!  i can't take the wrath of david t! 

jk  :P

OK the - I'm just gonna keep bumpin it.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2006, 09:33:51 pm »
To Our Historians

When you saved the words
You saved our ways,
Our blood and breath,
Our yesterdays.

You saved our joy,
You saved our grief,
Our poured out love,
Both long and brief.

To Andrew, Jenny,
Joyce, Lynn, Lee,
Courtney, Celeste
Kelda, Jude, Ann Marie

A crown for you
Of purest gold!
Our sheep are safe
Within your fold.

Yeehaw :angel:

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2006, 09:41:53 pm »
O Andrew
O archivers
O Meryl

You are all so lovely.

And you know one of my favorite parts?  Searching for my own pearls of wisdom!   :angel:  I wrote alot in some of those threads.  (Fancy that, what a surprise.)

And you may leave it unstickyed, Yaadpyar, but I'm NOT (a la Jack and beans).  Sticky!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2006, 10:04:50 pm »

And you may leave it unstickyed, Yaadpyar, but I'm NOT (a la Jack and beans).  Sticky!

A solemn and heartfelt YeeHaw.

Offline littledarlin

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2006, 10:24:59 pm »
To Our Historians

When you saved the words
You saved our ways,
Our blood and breath,
Our yesterdays.

You saved our joy,
You saved our grief,
Our poured out love,
Both long and brief.

To Andrew, Jenny,
Joyce, Lynn, Lee,
Courtney, Celeste
Kelda, Jude, Ann Marie

A crown for you
Of purest gold!
Our sheep are safe
Within your fold.

Yeehaw :angel:

i <3 my fellow brokies.  if there was any question as to how or why we would do something like this, the proof is right here in the replies to this thread.

i mean yeah, i like talkin' on other message boards, but jesus h, ain't nothin' like this  ;)

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2006, 10:28:53 pm »
i mean yeah, i like talkin' on other message boards, but jesus h, ain't nothin' like this  ;)

BetterMost got us good....

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2006, 12:33:13 am »
i mean yeah, i like talkin' on other message boards, but jesus h, ain't nothin' like this

I think we've found our slogan.  Andrew, you and I haven't talked directly much, but I have long read and enjoyed your posts - pre-Tremblay.  I remember when you had blue hair. 

Clarissa

Offline littledarlin

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2006, 12:42:58 am »
i mean yeah, i like talkin' on other message boards, but jesus h, ain't nothin' like this

I think we've found our slogan.  Andrew, you and I haven't talked directly much, but I have long read and enjoyed your posts - pre-Tremblay.  I remember when you had blue hair. 

Clarissa

clarissa, the same goes to you, friend.  i know it's been a few months, but thinking back to december feels like ancient history already.  it's really amazing.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2006, 12:51:01 am »
Thank you, you guys. This will have a permanent place in my heart AND my bookmarks. :-*

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2006, 08:44:18 am »
Wonderful Meryl!! Wonderful!  :-*

They might be around still Becky. I have a lot of cataloging to do and I haven't sent some of my stuff in to Andrew yet.

I'll keep an eye out for them.

Same here, Becky! I haven't yet sent everything to Andrew either. Though, I did skim through my saved threads and did not see it, but you never know!

~ j U d E

Offline opinionista

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2006, 08:58:08 am »
This is great! Thank you!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2006, 05:38:52 pm »
Oh wow! You've all done something wonderful for all of us......I can't thank you enough...Thanks so much to all of you!!!  :)  :)  :)  There were quite a few threads I missed out on. Now I can read through them - Thank You!!!

:)  :)  :)

I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2006, 05:39:05 pm »
andrew/ jenny et al.. thank you thank you thankyou..

But can I just say I only saved about 8 threads in the view source format as the trolls had gopt there before me, so I contributed about 0.001% of the effort...
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline wtbgirl

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2006, 10:30:36 am »
I just want to thank you guys so much for all of your hard work and for creating this archive.  It's wonderful!  ;D

Offline You-Bet

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2006, 08:54:47 pm »
WOW!  I'm speechless. The BBM Archive is simply amazing.  Sending up a prayer of thanks! :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2006, 09:26:32 pm »
Wow!  How fantastic!  I'm a newbie here (though not on imdb- over there I'm "amandazehnder") and I'd been saving tons of threads to my hard-drive (which can be a messy business).  This is quite a revelation! Thank you to all of you who did so much work.

These conversations truly are worth saving.

ps. And yes, I completely understand that the archive is *top secret*.  I'll never reveal it's existence off this board.  And, I won't reveal the existence of this board. Long live the inner circle of BBM aficionados!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 06:36:21 pm by atz75 »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2006, 12:59:49 am »

Wow!  How fantastic!  I'm a newbie here (though not on imdb) and I'd been saving tons of threads to my hard-drive (which can be a messy business).  This is quite a revelation!

Maybe you can contact littledarlin and see if some of the stuff you're saving should be on the archive...

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2006, 11:37:42 pm »
If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you . . .

to all you guys who couldn't stand it  - so you fixed it!!!

I also saved some threads during the troll crisis.  I'll check to see if they are in the archives and if not, I'll forward them.

Pete
"Swear to god I didn't know we was goin a get into this again — yeah, I did"
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2006, 06:12:37 pm »
Thank you everybody for doing this.  This brings tears to my eyes.  :'(   I thought the threads would be gone forever.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2006, 02:00:47 am »
Thank you! Where're the haikus, and "I wish Christianity would quit homosexuality"--just asking...

It'll  take me YEARS to read everything you DID save...

I was afraid I'd havr to go through life without CaseyCornelius, nuan and jmghallagher...thank God for huge favors!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 05:10:22 pm by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline littledarlin

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2006, 11:08:13 am »
Thank you! Where're the haikus, and "I wish Christianity would quit homosexualkity"--just asking...

It'll  take me YEARS to read everything you DID save...

julie, two great threads, if anyone out there has them please send them my way.

btw we're going to work on categorization this week so things will be easier to find.

in the meantime, ctrl+f (find) is your friend.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2006, 12:10:09 pm »
littledarlin--LOVE your tagline! "we can hug on novermber caress and nice oak"---Anyone else notice it? Like a little kid trying to sing the Star Spangled Banner (not sure why, anymore...the SSB...)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 03:00:51 pm by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
Re: Archive Unveiling *Updated on 4/10*
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2006, 01:29:58 am »

You know what I loved?  Last night (when this place was a ghost town cause all you guys were still snoozing) I jumped on here and scrolled back through some of my favourite threads from IMDb, you know, before it fell under an Anarchist regime.

I loved reading back through my all-time FAVOURITE thread - "What Nuance of Cowboy Etiquette Did You Learn From This Film?" and now that I "know" everybody, i read what everybody volunteered back then and it cracked me up in a whole new way.

I have that thread saved into a Word file on my desktop, only I deleted out who wrote what and just kept the etiquette tips.  Ellemeno, you're my hero - I totally forgot that you contributed most of the ones that made me laugh till I had tears..

Was a wonderful little trip I assure you..  ;D
Chut up!

Offline YaadPyar

Unstickying
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2006, 12:32:39 pm »
OK kids - most folks have seen this and bookmarked it with their favorites, and we're not getting much conversation on this thread, so I'm going to unsticky.

If anyone wants it re-stickied for important updates...just let one of the moderators know.

Thanks so much again to Andrew & Jenny and everyone who worked so hard to create this masterpiece.

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2006, 03:22:04 pm »
I may have missed this - but are we saving any of the threads from here (or is it even necessary?)  Love the Brokeback Slang, for one.
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2006, 05:15:55 pm »
I loved reading back through my all-time FAVOURITE thread - "What Nuance of Cowboy Etiquette Did You Learn From This Film?" and now that I "know" everybody, i read what everybody volunteered back then and it cracked me up in a whole new way.

Ellemeno, you're my hero - I totally forgot that you contributed most of the ones that made me laugh till I had tears..

Wow, I knew there was a reason to go through all the thank yous!  I adore that thread too, along with the emoticons one (Rebus Delight).   I love the Brokback slang we've started here too.

LJ, who knows - it porbably couldn't hurt to archive what you love.  Phillip says he plans to keep it all, but you never know what could happen. 

Offline littledarlin

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2006, 12:17:22 am »
I may have missed this - but are we saving any of the threads from here (or is it even necessary?)  Love the Brokeback Slang, for one.

the idea of archiving threads from here hasn't come up, and doubt it will, we still have tons we're working on and about 100 or so more threads to add from the imdb boards.  i'd say save your favorites to your hard drive just in case, but i honestly don't see a threat in anything being lost from bettermost.  which is why we love it here so much :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2006, 11:09:23 pm »
Wow!  100!  That's impressive.  :o  Yeah, the last several times I've checked the archives it's been "under construction."

Happy days.
 :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2006, 09:40:00 pm »
This is significant.  I think this is the first time I've ever bumped anything over on BetterMost.  Awww.... nostalgia for the old board.

Anyway, I'm curious to hear how this project is going?
cheers!
 :D

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2006, 09:51:19 pm »
Well, thanks for asking Amanda (and by the way has everyone wished Amanda a very happy birthday?! I missed it last week--but I'll say it again now in public--Happy Birthday Amanda! Have a the ride of your life!

So, the project is going well, but slow. Maybe this weekend me and Andrew will get to do some more archive organizing. That is the point we are at now. And he still has several, many? threads to post on there. Then when I am done with a couple of other pressing projects, my thing will be to take a few more of the best threads I saved in Word on the old PT board, and re-post them on IMDb again in a re-formatted way so it's easier to read than just black type on grey, (i.e. add in the bolded and italicized things, and "blue" everyone's name so it's easier to follow the thread) and then we'll repost that re-posted and re-formatted version in the archive, since we can't directly post the word document.

I think the organization of it all is going to be awesome. I'd say it'll be about two or three weeks before it's really ready.

Jenny

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2006, 12:29:13 am »
Heya Friend!

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes!  And, also I just think it's amazing to see how much work you're doing!  I'm very excited to see the finished product. 

cheers!
Amanda

:D :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2006, 05:21:27 pm »
OMG! You guys are unbelievable. You saved it. I'm happy and speechless. I love these old threads so much. I haven't been there when most of them developped (I saw BBM mid-March for the first time; so I didn't know the movie back in Dec/Jan/Feb).

A big and heartfelt Thank You!!! to everyone who contributed.

Penthesilea

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2006, 05:34:41 pm »
Could we possibly sticky this thread, for the new members and also so that it doesn't get buried? Thank you once again, Andrew, for shepherding this.

Offline littledarlin

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2006, 11:34:59 pm »
Could we possibly sticky this thread, for the new members and also so that it doesn't get buried? Thank you once again, Andrew, for shepherding this.

although i appreciate the sticky, can we un-sticky while the site is under construction?  we hope to be complete soon, and when we're ready to unveil version 2, i'll ask one of the mods to sticky again for a while.  hope this isn't a problem.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2006, 02:34:30 pm »
bump this wonderfulness.

Are the original haiku and clerihew threads archived anywhere?  I could only find a haiku thread that started on March 28th, relatively late in the haiku phenomenon.

Clarissa

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2006, 02:45:53 pm »
I know!  I'm so excited about this project... how's it going?

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2006, 12:31:16 am »
just bumping!

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2006, 12:32:19 pm »
Just went back and read some of our old TOB & Tremblay posts. 

Sure put a smile on my face. :)   Thanks again to all who saved these!
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2006, 11:13:49 pm »
One of the most inspired ideas to come of the transition from the old board to BetterMost.  Once again... a reminder of the urgency that came along with the origins of BetterMost.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2006, 07:59:33 pm »
Bumpity Bump Bump  :D

vkm91941

« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2006, 09:02:13 pm »
bump bump.... ;)

Just in case anyone want to see what we packed when we came here.  ::)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2006, 06:25:25 pm »
Wow you guys!(and of course girls...I've got so Americanised since I have been here!) It looks really great, I have spen the last hour and a half just looking through all the files. laughing at some :laugh:, some have got me in deep thought ??? and so have got me bawling my eyes out :'(. What you guys have done is amazing keeping a little history for all to see and enjoy. I know I was there for most of the time at the old CT but there is stuff there that I know I have read before that I had completely forgotten about. And even stuff that I wrote and forgot about!(namely the Population Density of Gay Cowboys thread, I personally don't know why you kept that! ;D) But anyway great job and I will definitely be looking around here a bit more, cause I love reading all the stuff that is on there.

Offline littledarlin

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2007, 12:48:11 am »
hey gang.  long time no see.  i hope you all are well.

considering i haven't made any changes to the archive site in a VERY long time, i thought i would check to see if anyone would be interested in taking it over?  it needs some serious cleaning and updating.  pm me if you're interested.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2007, 04:01:22 pm »
hey gang.  long time no see.  i hope you all are well.

considering i haven't made any changes to the archive site in a VERY long time, i thought i would check to see if anyone would be interested in taking it over?  it needs some serious cleaning and updating.  pm me if you're interested.

Hey Andrew!! I miss those archive phone calls we used to have, but I understand you are ready to give it away.

I'd probably be interested in taking it over (even though I don't know any HTML), though knowing me, it could still take quite a while to get it really in shape. If anyone wants to be a partner in that with me (again, especially those with web-design backgrounds), that's cool too. Just be warned: I'm really, really detail oriented! But that can come in handy in a project like this...

It was great fun to do with you Andrew and I'm really glad to see you here!

Jenny

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2007, 04:08:02 pm »
After getting a copy of the pitiful "Brokeback Mountain Trivia Book" I really think this archive should be published!!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2007, 11:30:45 pm »
I'd be willing to help with the archive project!  Maybe we should assemble a little committee.  Jenny, I'm in the same boat as you with little or no experience at website building or maintenance. But, I'd be happy to help out in other capacities.  I feel like this proposed "committee" should have some old-timers who know the origins of all of this as well as people who know what the current status of threads is over at imdb.

:)

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2007, 01:45:35 pm »
So someone with web design knowledge is needed. Thing is, then we would have a web designer with a "committee" of people with little design knowledge looking over their shoulder? Sounds like a case of too many chefs . . .  (sorry if that sounds pessimistic; I've just seen this scenario before).

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2007, 02:43:28 pm »
Well, the site should be easy to work with, we don't need to do any designing as far as I'm concerned. Simple is good. It just needs a little organization. Andrew can probably teach me the few tricks I would need to know. I agree that too many cooks wouldn't be helpful in this case.

Offline littledarlin

« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2007, 10:23:42 am »
hey everyone.  thanks for the offers!  i feel really bad that i haven't been able to take the time to update.  the truth is i just don't know enough and the way i was doing things was just way too complicated and time consuming.  i'd rather someone with some experience take it over because really it's like the blind leading the blind.  i have to check with the host to see what my options are for transferring the data, and if that's not possible i'll figure something out. 

i'll keep you updated.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2007, 12:00:08 pm »
Thanks Andrew.

As you know more than anyone, I can get pretty protective of this project! I guess a large part of that is because these threads that we're organizing are probably the ones I will always hold the dearest to my heart. I agree with Amanda that whoever is coming on board should have some familiarity with these threads since it's really the organization of them that is the issue and if you don't know what they are, it would be hard to organize them. I wonder if I should take a crash course in html.....

I'll PM you Andrew, and see what might be needed.

J

p.s. I just realized the Aero screening anniversary came and went! So for people who have no idea what that is or want to relive the memories and amazing thread that went with it, check out the archive www.geocities.com/bbmarchive: The best thread on the Aero experience IMO (called something like "Angfest '06") is NOT there, but is probably waiting to be put up! But there is a great thread called "Heath and Jake both looked at me (Q&A Screening)" and that is located under the large topic APPEARANCES AND SCREENINGS.

It was started by none other than Ellemeno, one of the blessed pilgrims, to adapt a phrase from the Cult Thread. This took a while (!) but imbedded in the thread is post by MERYL (as Meryl 88) that contains a link to a post on Live Journal about the event, and near the end of that thread is a great post by Surf, one of the seven pilgrims, who used to be a member here, and had the last word, literally, at the Aero Screening. I'll reprint his post from the LiveJournal thread here, since it's such a wild goose chase getting to it:

There has been a bit of mention in threads on forums/websites, about what I said at the AERO screening last Monday night (I can't believe it's been one week already!). Anyway, not everyone was there and what I said has been sort of paraphrased by several people and even a not so accurate snippet on the "Defamer" website, so I am posting here to the best of my memory. I had to sit here and think hard and over and over about what exactly I said and what I remember, period, and I'm tired, I just got back to NYC from L.A. late last night. So here it is:

***************************************************************************************************

Here is what I said at the Aero, to the best of my memory. I was the last one to speak to them. I really can't remember what I said word for word, and in exactly what order I said things, and I may end up leaving some things out. I wish I had had a tape recorder with me that night. Maybe someone somewhere had one, who knows.

I think I first started out by saying that many people there that night had thanked them for making the movie and I just wanted to add a little to that. Then I went on,

"All of you do this for a living: Actors, Writer, Cinematographer, Musician/Composer,

(and I gesture with my right hand, pointing them all out. Then I add an aside directed at Gustavo),

"and Gustavo, you have know Idea how in love I am with your music

(Gustavo, I remember smiles at me big and says "Thank You") then I continue,

"and you would all probably say you were just doing your jobs. But when you made this film, you did more than just your jobs. What you did, and I'm speaking for myself personally, but what all of you did, more than just a film, what you really did was give me a gift"

(and I remember at this point a woman somewhere behind me saying "Oh yeah" out loud and a bit of appluase, but I was so wrapped up in what I was saying I never saw how Heath or Jake or any of the rest of them reacted to this)

"Gustavo, your Music, Rodrigo, your beautiful cinematography

(and I remember Rodrigo smiling at me and saying "Thank You"),

Diana for writing such a beautiful script, Michelle your portrayal of Alma and Heath and Jake, this is the portrayal I've been waiting for, and getting these characters up on screen - I've been starving and thirsty for this all my life,

I rememember seeing Jake leaning forward, listening, seemed to be smiling, looking at me, Heath, a serious look?

I mean, you don't get this watching "Will & Grace",

(laughter and applause),

and I just can't let go of this movie"

(Reply to this) (Thread)

sarful
2006-02-21 01:17 am UTC (link) 
Oh cool. Yeah the actors were nodding and did want to say something. I was staring at Jake as you were talking. I remember you because it was the only 'thank you for making this movie' comment that was good and actually got everyone nodding. Nice comment.
(Reply to this) (Parent) (Thread)

surf501
2006-02-21 05:44 am UTC (link) 
Thanks so much for your kind words. Any/all details you can give me of how he was looking/reacting to the things I said I would very much appreciate. If it wasn't for you I would nevever have known that Heath and Jake had even attempted to respond to me, thanks to that dang Newsweek reporter who cut them off from speaking to me!!!
(Reply to this) (Parent) (Thread)

sarful
2006-02-21 06:26 am UTC (link) 
Well both Heath and Jake were polite as with every thank you they got, but with yours they were nodding and Jake had a smirk on his face and was no longer sitting with his legs crossed and him back to the chair. I mean he wasn't doing anything special, but he had the most adorable smile when you said we don't get this on Will and Grace, or something along those lines. After you finished that it seemed as though either Jake wanted to quip about Will and Grace or just thank you for your comment. They were looking at you, if he was looking at me I probably would have not been able to talk, much less get any coherent words out of my mouth.

AND last but not least for anyone who's still with me on this mega post, I wanted to tell Clarissa, who said back on May 9th
bump this wonderfulness.

Are the original haiku and clerihew threads archived anywhere?  I could only find a haiku thread that started on March 28th, relatively late in the haiku phenomenon.

Clarissa

YES! THe clerihews and limericks thread is up there, under BROKIES >> Fun and Games (a subtopic quite a ways down under the BROKIES heading, which is itself quite far down on the menu, after all the threads about the movie, the actors, the awards, the symbolism, etc.

There! Happy Aero Anniversary week everyone!

Jenny