Author Topic: Most annoying/least favorite holiday songs  (Read 95867 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Most annoying/least favorite holiday songs
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2023, 03:04:57 pm »
One of my favorite radio stations, normally an 80's--90's station, has already started playing nothing but Christmas songs. That drives me crazy. However, when my alarm went off yesterday morning, the station began to play "Do You Hear What I Hear?" and I decided I actually like that song.

The singer was a woman. I don't know who she was, and, of course, the DJ didn't say--and that always drives me crazy, too.

(As for "The Little Drummer Boy"--let's not go there.  :laugh: )
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2023, 05:57:19 pm »
One of my favorite radio stations, normally an 80's--90's station, has already started playing nothing but Christmas songs. That drives me crazy. However, when my alarm went off yesterday morning, the station began to play "Do You Hear What I Hear?" and I decided I actually like that song.

The singer was a woman. I don't know who she was, and, of course, the DJ didn't say--and that always drives me crazy, too.

(As for "The Little Drummer Boy"--let's not go there.  :laugh: )

Whitney Houston?  Carrie Underwood?  Long shot:  Karen Carpenter?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2023, 10:14:38 pm »
Whitney Houston?  Carrie Underwood?  Long shot:  Karen Carpenter?

Once I learned she had recorded it (thank you, Wikipedia), my guess would be Carrie Underwood. I think I know the voices of the other two well enough that I'm pretty sure it wasn't them.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2023, 06:19:09 pm »
I've decided my least favorite is the rendition of "Jingle Bells" that ends with the driver cracking the whip and the horse neighing in alarm (or pain).
"chewing gum and duct tape"