Author Topic: Questions for Ang Lee  (Read 60945 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Questions for Ang Lee - an April Fool's Day thread
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2011, 08:34:58 am »
Happy April Fool's Day, Ang and Everyone!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
Re: Questions for Ang Lee
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2015, 10:21:59 am »
bump

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2015, 11:48:53 am »
Why do you always run off, and refuse to sign memoribilia?

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2015, 08:32:20 pm »
Thanks for the bump, Paul! I'd forgotten about this adventure. Man, we all sure were fluent in Brokebackese in them days.

Offline Kananaskis

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2018, 09:50:01 pm »
So I happened upon this thread, and as it unfolded I was getting more and more excited, but also nonplused.

I was briskly combing through the posts in order to finally come across a reply from Ang Lee, and I was taken aback to find that he indeed had replied, though on behalf of serious crayons. Wait, what? What left me even more bewildered was the Quote from Ang Lee [...], which was plain to see at the beginning of the subsequent posts. I found myself weirdly unable to connect the dots. It seemed so plausible, although the date of April 1st evidently indicated the prank. So... does this mean that serious crayons is/was/met/corresponds with Ang Lee? What’s going on...

But then, the skillful way in which Ang fielded all those questions had me fully taken in. But then again, that somewhat sassy sense of humor, those witty remarks! What leapt out at me was the incredibly flexible approach to tackling the uncanny “Aguirre/Uncle Harold affair”, which, correct me if I’m wrong, requires a highly accomplished BetterMostian to come up with, not to mention go along with. Eventually, though, I even fell for that one. Other users, who at that point must have been in on it, would give subtle hints in their comments, but I was still none the wiser.

Six pages in and I finally managed to tease it out. Awesome idea, executed to perfection. Thanks to my sluggishness, and to a lesser degree the fact that is nearing 3am where I’m at, I had a good half-hour laugh! Instantly reminded me of the “Brokeback Mountainopoly”, another unsung hero of a thread.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2018, 09:55:37 am »
 :laugh:

Thanks for bumping this, Wojtek! I'd forgotten all about this fun thread.

:laugh:  :-*