Author Topic: Come and see My pictures Tell us about your hobbies!  (Read 108132 times)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
Re: Come and see My Aquarium!! Tell us about your hobbies!
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 09:15:56 pm »
There's Bullseye! he's one of my favorites. he's a real loner.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 12:02:20 am by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 09:19:55 pm »
looking at their reflection off the glass.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 09:26:33 pm by Arad-3 »

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 11:24:39 pm »
Jeez, most people get their kids a glass bowl and some goldfish.

A SALT water tank?!?!  Boy, you and the girls love fish. ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 11:28:43 pm »
Geri -

Those aquariums are beautiful! The fish are too!

Are those clown fish? The orange ones? They are very cute.

I love fish. They are wonderful animals and they are quite decorative too. I have two goldfish... Jesse and Taco. They will even let me pet them. If I put my hand in the tank they will swim up to it and I will gently pet them.  Will any of your fish let you pet them?

Thanks for posting all those great pictures Geri!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 11:35:54 pm »
Jeez, most people get their kids a glass bowl and some goldfish.

A SALT water tank?!?!  Boy, you and the girls love fish. ;)

We do love them. But we started out with tropical fish. they were not as hard to maintain as the saltwater and alot cheaper to replace. The reason I love the saltwater is because of the better varity of fish out there. But I would never tell anyone to start out with saltwater fish. Better to get a feel of taking care of them at the beginning with tropical or goldfish

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 11:43:35 pm »
David,
Yes they are clown fish. They are very cute. my daughter named them millie and willie.
They are very animated in their ways. i can watch them for hours. and they look like when they are looking directly at you like they have white head bands on their heads.

When I had a tropical tank I had a couple of kissing fish. One died and the other out lived her by 3 years. Anyways he (BOB) I could almost pet. He got huge and used to follow me around the room where ever I went. He would get very excited when He would see me go for the fish food can. he passed away a little while ago. It was sad but we had a funeral for him and buried him outside in a little box. LOL No toilets for my fish! (except for one real mean one)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 11:45:37 pm by Arad-3 »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 11:50:05 pm »

When I had a tropical tank I had a couple of kissing fish. One died and the other out lived her by 3 years. Anyways he (BOB) I could almost pet. He got huge and used to follow me around the room where ever I went. He would get very excited when He would see me go for the fish food can. he passed away a little while ago. It was sad but we had a funeral for him and buried him outside in a little box. LOL No toilets for my fish! (except for one real mean one)

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

That is so sad. And I don't blame you. I wouldn't flush them down the toilet either! Fish are pets and they become members of the family.

I don't know what I will do when Jesse and Taco die. They are only goldfish, although fairly expensive goldfish. They are getting pretty big too. And like your fish, they get very excited when they see me. And talk about spoiled... they are swimming around in a $500.00 aquarium! But they have plenty of room and they have toys too. They also have little caves and tunnels to swim through. But I have become very attached to them. I'll put my hand down in their tank two or three times a day, and within a minute or two they will swim up to me and gently pet them. I have some very strange animals, don't I?  ???

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 11:58:34 pm »
I have seen some goldfish with the most human characteristics to them, even their faces  have expression. I love goldfish myself. they can live quite long. and it sounds like you have given them a wonderful world to live in. 500 tank for just two fish. no wonder they are so happy! and your right they do become big members of the family. And it is a big lost if you lose one.

Have you got a picture of them?? this would be the place to post them LOL

Ps I was getting jealous of your blog how good it was doing and just had to start one too!  :laugh: :laugh:.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 12:09:28 am »
I have seen some goldfish with the most human characteristics to them, even their faces  have expression. I love goldfish myself. they can live quite long. and it sounds like you have given them a wonderful world to live in. 500 tank for just two fish. no wonder they are so happy! and your right they do become big members of the family. And it is a big lost if you lose one.

Have you got a picture of them?? this would be the place to post them LOL

Ps I was getting jealous of your blog how good it was doing and just had to start one too!  :laugh: :laugh:.

I'll get a picture of them posted for you Geri. I gotta show off my babies!

About the aquarium. I was thinking of starting an aquarium hobby several years ago, but I never got around to buying the fish. I only bought the tank and the decorations. Isn't that stupid of me? When I bought Jesse, I figured I would go ahead and put him in the aquarium. I didn't want him swimming around in a little bowl. When my ex bought Taco, we put him in there too! Now they have lots and lots of room to move around in.  :D

Yeah. They're spoiled all right!

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 12:16:31 am »
Alot of people do that. Buy the stuff and wait to purchase the fish.  It's actually a good thing to do instead of jumping into buying alot of fish cause your excited. Just to find out too late that something was wrong with tank, or they are not compatible, and kill each other!

I found a picture of my old buddy Bob who died. RIP. Doesn't he look like he was a sweetheart? Just look at that face!