Author Topic: Minute Detail - IMO The Best Line Delivery in the Movie  (Read 20028 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Minute Detail - IMO The Best Line Delivery in the Movie
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 12:50:44 pm »
First time, last time, all the times in between, this is when I fell in love with Jake Gyllenhaal.

Mmmmmm...  That one definitely sealed the deal for me.  And I totally feel you on it.  I especially love that stabbed in the heart look he gives Ennis after he pushes him and right before he makes that speech.  But the first time (and last time, and all the times in between) I fell in love with Jake Gyllenhaal was with that blue-eyed stare of his at Ennis sitting alone on the hill.  That's when the boy became a man in my mind.  :)
No more beans!

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 12:54:13 pm »
Mmmm, boy becomes man.

Hmmm, Barb, I can see how his look up the hill at Ennis did that for you; I'd say, maybe, that Jack became a man at that moment, but JAKE became a man (or showed what a hell of a man he was) at the lake.

Man!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 12:54:41 pm »
Completely agree, well I loved Jake before the film but that scene sealed the deal! I mean  just look at my picture thing.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
But I am right, no one can resist the Twist! :P
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 12:58:28 pm »
Mmmm, boy becomes man.

Hmmm, Barb, I can see how his look up the hill at Ennis did that for you; I'd say, maybe, that Jack became a man at that moment, but JAKE became a man (or showed what a hell of a man he was) at the lake.

Man!

LOL!  Well, I can give you that - to me, Jake became a man in that first scene, and showed what a hell of a man he was at the lake.  But for my money, Jack was always a man, even when he was still just a boy.  Wise well beyond his years and loving well beyond his time.
No more beans!

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 01:04:06 pm »
Aaaaahhh!

All this man-talk.  I love it.  I would like to say that one of the delicious things about this movie is the way it ignites my man-love.  I mean, I'm a straight woman, and I have man-love all the time.  What I mean is, I love men all the time.  Sadly, perhaps, I'll never know the joy of undiluted man-love because one-half of me and a man will always be a woman.  But I came to terms with that a long time ago and enjoy being a woman and all.  But God, I really love men.

p.s. my husband's been out of the country now for eight days.  I'm holding on by my bitten nails.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 01:07:48 pm »
SOrry to interrupt the Jack/Jake love fest but my favorite line, we don't see it performed on screen tho, is when Ennis says "Yea, four years" after Jack says the same thing at the Motel Siesta.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 01:17:39 pm »
No apology necessary, FrontRanger.  That was a tangent.  I've had a cold shower and I'm back on topic, more or less.

Four years is a long time.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 01:18:00 pm »
Mmmmm.  That's a good one, too, F-R.  I love the whole motel scene and the soft-spoken post-you-know-whatal tenderness in the way they both talk.  And Ennis stroking Jack's arm all the while and Jack's lips on his ear.  Ahhhhhhh...

Sarah, my dear, we can *totally* tawwwk about this man-love thing.  Check your PMs in a few, 'cause I got something to tell ya just may not be suitable for public consumption.  ;)
No more beans!

rtprod

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 01:20:29 pm »
Front-Ranger,

LOLOLOL....!  Funny how so many threads turn into Jake love-fests, isn't it?    :o

Where are all the Heath love fests?   HEATH! HEATH! HEATH!   :angel:

Also loooove Heath's delivery of this line at the motel:

"Me?  I don't know.."

His eye are half-closed as he drags on the cigarette and shakes his head slightly...  Talk about being deep inside the character.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 01:43:09 pm by rtprod »

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 01:22:57 pm »
rtprod: YES! (beats ground with fist) YES!