Author Topic: Verizon Wireless --USED TO-- Hate Gay People (???) maybe  (Read 5155 times)

Offline TheStudDuck!

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Verizon Wireless Hates Gay People
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 08:26:01 pm »
Okay, so I got an e-mail from my professor who had gotten an e-mail from Sean, and this is the e-mail that was forwarded to me:

---

Hi there:

Sure, I'd love to talk with him. It may be a little late though, I 
believe Verizon has since added sexual orientation to their 
discrimination policies. I'm not entirely sure, its just here-say 
from a past co-worker.

This is very interesting though, I would love to talk with David! I 
appreciate you sharing my story with others, glad I could help!

Sean

---

So, gah!  I guess we could still look into their updated policies... I dunno... or maybe battle for some retributions!  I'm still pissed that they did it to him!  Gah!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Verizon Wireless --USED TO-- Hate Gay People (???) maybe
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 10:26:18 pm »
It just bothers me to no end that it happened at all and was sanctioned.  Good God.

My company toyed with extending health benefits to domestic partners earlier this year.  But that fell by the way-side when times got a little tougher financially speaking.  Still (and kind of sad to say in a way), I'm glad it was at least on the table.  There are several openly gay men and women - some in fairly high positions - working here.  They're open to the point that they feel every bit as free to talk about their partners in meetings as us straighties feel to talk about ours.  It's a beautiful thing.  I love my company.  Sad thing is, like many other good companies today, we're falling on some hard times and I fear for our future.  It's really a shame - we were one of the good guys.

Well, I'm glad to hear they're maybe at least trying to pull their shite together somewhat.  Let's hope it sticks.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 10:28:54 pm by ednbarby »
No more beans!