Author Topic: Tainted Evidence by Beatriceorme  (Read 129951 times)

Offline rbygivens

• Don't Say Much
Tainted Evidence by Beatriceorme
« on: October 27, 2006, 02:16:51 pm »
Just found this forum - YEAH! - and can't believe there's no thread for this wonderful fic!

Fast just like New York City where it's set, "Tainted Evidence" is filled with 3 dimensional characters - even the cab driver! - that are like real people, living in the real world. Jack and Ennis new and updated, but still the men we fell in love with up on that mountain.

Beatrice's writing is funny and modern, sharp and minimal. (Her wit is the best out there in the fandom!)  No extra words, no filler, just quick, penetrating prose. Almost like reading a movie - you can see each scene, hear the characters speaking her lines, feel as if your in the same room (which in some chapters is hot!). Like I said, PD Jack and Sgt. Ennis are REAL.

For what it's worth, in my opinion, "Tainted Evidence" is worthy of praise, to be published and ya'lls attention.

Here's the link to LowerManhattan - the "Tainted Evidence" community.

http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Tainted Evidence by Beatriceorme
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 05:42:38 pm »
Oh have no fear, Beatrice is here.  I am quite a fan, actually, and offered to start a thread for TE, but was waiting for a go-ahead from the author herself.  Feel free to add Squealing Fan Comments.

My favorite details of TE are:  Jack's personal nickname:  Ass-Bandit
and Ennis having handcuffs tattooed on his ass.

Every scene in which Ennis is naked, I think of those tattoos, and Jack touching them!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline rbygivens

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 03:43:23 pm »
Oh crap! Should I have asked Beatrice first before posting this thread?

No harm was intended, only praise.

Sorry if I did something wrong.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 04:31:11 pm »
I don't believe so... I mentioned to Beatrice that you had posted a thread and her response sounded positive!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 05:03:32 pm »
Thanks so much for posting this!  The fic reads like a novel and I am thoroughly enjoying it!   :)  This one slipped by me..thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 05:15:37 pm »
For me, Law Enforcement!Ennis is a very natural profession for his personality type.  Rough, ready, strong and upright (for the most part!), not to mention ... forceful.  yikes.

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 06:09:59 pm »
Well, this is pleasant indeed!

Thank you, rbygivens! And for your ringing endorsement of TE. You made me blush! (Hey, are you on LJ?)

Tainted Evidence started out as an answer to a challenge and ended up taking over my life. In the most wonderful way possible, of course. I get to spend my time with Jack and Ennis, listening to them tell me their story, stretching and growing as a writer, and converse with the hundreds of readers who have decided to take this journey with us.

Yes, TE is fast. Yes, TE is filled with wit and bite. But, at the core - Jack and Ennis always.

Thanks again!

B

Oh, and a thank you to littlewing! A supreme compliment indeed for that's my goal, a published novel.
"He was the refuge of my spirit, the sweet solace of my griefs...what more is there, then can I say? Was it not a foretaste of blessedness thus to love, and thus to be loved?" St. Aelred, from his eulogy for his lover, Simon.

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 06:12:04 pm »
Oh, yes and thank YOU, Louisev!

Made some rough times easier to climb over.

B

Rough, ready, strong and upright Ennis! Yikes is damn right!
"He was the refuge of my spirit, the sweet solace of my griefs...what more is there, then can I say? Was it not a foretaste of blessedness thus to love, and thus to be loved?" St. Aelred, from his eulogy for his lover, Simon.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 06:38:41 pm »
I went out on the big bad world of Google to see if I could find a photo of a pair of handcuffs on a male gluteus and I ended up on a Ponygirl site with a hundred and fifty dead links and some rather sleek latex costumes but no tattooes.  Pooh.

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 07:38:40 pm »
I post a teaser for the week's chapter each Tuesday on another forum. Thought I might start doing it here, just in case there's anyone out there reading. This is for Chapter #20 up tomorrow.

Breakfast dishes clattered to the bottom rack.

“If you’re calling -” the counter provided adequate support for Ennis' climb back to standing, a pointed blue stare his greeting at the top. “- to start condemning me to hell again, I’d just as -”

“I spoke my piece on that subject last night.” Harsh brightened to hopeful. “Unless you’ve…uh…changed?”

“Not happening.” There was no way Alma could see what he was doing, but kissing Jack surprised at that moment was all kinds of satisfying nonetheless. “Why are you calling, Alma?”

Hopeful withered. “To tell you I’m taking the girls out of town for the weekend.”

“To White Plains to -”

“We should return late Sunday night, since they’ll have school in the morning.”

“Alma, where are you taking -”

“While we are gone, you may come to pick up your things, but I don’t want you to be here when we return.”

The audacity of that demand produced a chuckle of dismissal. “That’s still my apartment, Alma. You can’t tell me when and -”

“I’ve made a list. I’ll leave it on the kitchen table. Please do not remove any item not -”

Audacity was teetering perilously close to unmitigated gall. “You decided what I’m allowed to take out of my apartment?”

“- on that list thus forcing me to notify my attorney.”

“You’ve already got a lawyer?”

“Well, you did.” Jack’s sotto voce interjection and eyebrow waggle didn’t help in the least.

“Should you wish to contact me in the future, please do so through – what?” Distraction came in the form of a background voice, pausing her divorce recitation. "No, just a minute, I’m -”

“Who’s there, Alma?”

“That’s not your concern anymore, Ennis.”

Thanks!

B

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 08:19:03 pm »
Beatrice....we love teasers! Please feel free to treat us, every week.

Happy Halloween!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 08:35:19 pm »
Oh yes, teasers are very good.

Has it been a week since the last update? Where is the time going?

Looking forward to the next chapter, am really enjoying your story, your style is very original and I love your Jack (and his inner voice).

Karen

one_of_one

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 08:56:04 pm »

Every scene in which Ennis is naked, I think of those tattoos, and Jack touching them!

:o

I have to admit I'd forgotten about those handcuffs...in the last chapter being somewhat distracted by the real thing!!

But hey....Chapter 20 is looking to have some Bottom!Table!Ennis in it *she says hopefully*  :)

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 08:28:11 pm »
THANKS for posting this thread, Rbygivens.  :) I not only took a curious peek at TE by Beatriceorme, I've read it through ch. 19 !!  The tone of this reminds me of Conjugating Jake: sexy, romantic AND funny - my favorite combination. I love Jack's inner thoughts AND his fantasies AND the screaming orgasms AND ... pretty much everything... THANKS!
  ::)   coffeecat33 aka Leslie

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 04:29:08 am »
Here's the next chapter!

Enjoy!

B

Chapter Twenty

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 10:39:49 am »

But hey....Chapter 20 is looking to have some Bottom!Table!Ennis in it *she says hopefully*  :)

Helen, you are insane!  Everywhere you go you beg for Bottom!Ennis.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 10:46:16 am »
I especially like how Ennis is so clearly characterized in his dialogue.  I am totally digging Law Enforcement!Ennis!!

Offline rbygivens

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 02:05:11 pm »
Here I was the one that started this thread and I haven't been around to read or comment. RL rearing its ugly head again. Modem struck by lightening and now I'm forced to use the internet at the public library until I can afford a new one. :(

Yeah to all those who are reading this fantastic story! And welcome to all the new ones, too! I know you will love Sgt. Del Mar and PD Twist, and Beatrice's sharp and humorous style of writing.

Just a few little notes -

Louise - I agree! Ooooo! Those handcuffs. Not to mention what body part they're decorating.

Helen - Hmmm...bottom Ennis. I don't know...but I guess any time with naked Jack and Ennis is worth while! :)

Beatrice - THANK YOU!!!! I look forward to Wednesdays each and every week. Haven't read yesterday chapter, but LowerMahattan is my next stop! Can't wait!

Another little note here of a personal nature - As a health care professional, I truly appreciate the way you handled Jack's possible HIV infection. His immediate testing, the three month follow-up and his insistance that they wait until the final six month results. Responsible and intellegent. (And their constant use of condoms and non-petroluem lubricant, too) Knowledgeable people (which, as a police officer, Ennis would be, and Jack, his sexual orientation out in the open, also) understand that this deadly disease is transmitted through bodily fluids, which, of course, includes semen, and any ingestion would expose the receipant to the virus. All it takes is one time, one weak moment, one incident of unprotected sex - either oral or anal - and it's a death sentence.

The way you fit this modern scourge into your story, without compromising either plot, characters or credibility, should be applauded. Thanks again.

Off to read Chapter 20!!!! :) :) :) :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 06:56:36 pm »
Rby I have to agree with you. I actually enlisted some professional assistance with getting the details on the rise of the AIDS epidemic for my own story, because you cannot write a fic in the present time, or move into the "AIDS era" of the early 1980's without facing it.  I was getting out of college at the time the epidemic rose and knew little about it, and I needed a full education in order to write what I have about AIDS and the gay community.  And Beatrice definitely has done her homework here!

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 09:58:20 am »
Another little note here of a personal nature - As a health care professional, I truly appreciate the way you handled Jack's possible HIV infection. His immediate testing, the three month follow-up and his insistance that they wait until the final six month results. Responsible and intellegent. (And their constant use of condoms and non-petroluem lubricant, too) Knowledgeable people (which, as a police officer, Ennis would be, and Jack, his sexual orientation out in the open, also) understand that this deadly disease is transmitted through bodily fluids, which, of course, includes semen, and any ingestion would expose the receipant to the virus. All it takes is one time, one weak moment, one incident of unprotected sex - either oral or anal - and it's a death sentence.

The way you fit this modern scourge into your story, without compromising either plot, characters or credibility, should be applauded. Thanks again.

Rby,

I have lost too many friends to AIDS related diseases to take the subject lightly. As Louise said, any story set in the now needs to address it and do so in an informed and responsible manner. Also, goes to creating real characters to have Jack and Ennis aware and acting accordingly.

I'm a reasearch fiend. Don't know a particular detail? I spend hours making sure to educate myself. My readers deserve nothing less.

Thank you! For your kind words and enthusiasm! Makes me smile like an idiot!

Hope you enjoyed Chapter 20!

B

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 05:40:22 pm »
Teaser for tomorrow's Chapter Twenty-One...

“Christ, Ennis! I’m revoking your First Amendment right of free speech because of this fashion statement.”

A glance from dresser to closet. “Never wore that ugly thing, Jack.”

“But, wait…oh, goody, there’s more.” Jack showcased two shirts pulled from the closet - one powder blue, the other sunshine yellow - stitched vertically with fancy flowers and indeterminate geometric shapes and lines.  “Got your sandals, black socks and metal detector around somewhere?”

Ennis snatched the offending garments out of Jack’s hands, tossing them on the ‘Fuel for Alma’s Closure Bonfire’ pile. “A Christmas gift from my father-in-law.”

“That is one seriously straight man, then.”

“Just grab the garment bag all the way in the back and the box above. Leave the rest.” The bottom drawer kicked shut, Ennis dumped an armful of socks into the last empty box. “Don’t need or want the rest of it.”

“Don’t tell me – a lime green leisure suit for your – well, hello!” The smile was pure sex. “Not quite jarhead dress blues, but I can work with this.”

The garment bag never left Jack’s side, fiercely guarding his prize, even giving it a place of honor on his lap for the drive back across the Bridge, relinquishing possession only when Ennis agreed to demonstrate that there really is just something about a man in uniform.

And now I’ve got to get the damn thing dry cleaned. Hat, too.

Until tomorrow!

B

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 08:46:29 pm »
DRESS BLUES!!!

YES!

An important element of my own tale, in which Ennis falls in love with a deputy sheriff, is the sexual allure of the Police Uniform.  It has the stature of a true fetish!

one_of_one

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 07:41:05 am »
Helen, you are insane!  Everywhere you go you beg for Bottom!Ennis.

I know I know! What can I say?  I'm a sick, sad puppy....

::)

Offline rbygivens

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2006, 01:58:34 pm »
I'm so glad that chicken pox (or pops, as my 6 year old son called them) stikes only once! Been inside watching Nicktoons for so long, I forgot what it's like to have an adult conversation!

But, now I'm back!

Beatrice,

One of the most stunning aspects of your fic is the way you describe things in normal, everday ways. The alarm clock, the lights in through the curtains, the scene on the fire escape, and in Chapter 21, the men's bathroom. Everything is through from their point of view, their world, their way. Beautiful in its focus and simplicity.

Dialogue, well, there's nobody out there in this fandom that writes dialogue the way that you do. Every line is spot on, in character and exactly the way that men would react and talk and converse and argue and discuss. So many times I read fanfic, and Jack and Ennis (and other characters) are forced to utter things that no self respecting man would say, gay or straight. They become women in cowboy hats. Not the way you write Ennis and Jack, though. Thanks!

And the sex...well...besides being smoking hot, hilarous and causing this reader to hyperventilate, it's once again like men would have sex. (and similar, I if remember correctly, the way that Ms. Proulx described their sex, also). Rough, hard and underneath there's the softer side of emotions. Not mushy, not overly romantic, just honest. Just men.

I love your Jack! I want to take him home with me! And poor Ennis! I've had crappy Monday's at work, but never on that level. So proud that he stood up for Jack! And Alma, well, feh on her. She's bitter to the nth degree, for sure. Randall, like Jack said EWWWWWW!!! Aguirre, again feh! But, I'm very disappointed in the Captain. Not very tolerant to react that way, and he shouldn't have even listened to that hearsay without verifying the information first. Not very police-like.

Oooo! Which one of the girls? Franny, I bet.

And now I guess we know where the title comes from. The condom is the Tainted Evidence, maybe?

Thanks for everything, Beatrice, thanks so much for sharing - Jack and Ennis and New York and TE!

Can't wait for Chapter #22!

RubyG

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 11:12:02 am »
RubyG,

Yeah, chicken pox suck! My daughter had them AND strep throat at the same time when she was 12. Lasted a week, much longer than I did, for sure, cause that was the height of the Barney craze. Homocidal tendencies brought on by a purple dinosaur.

Dialogue, I like to think, is what I write best 'cause that's what I, as a reader, find the most interesting. Don't write long descriptive stuff because that's the stuff that I skip over when I read. Also helps to keep the POV in one place, and it's just plain more fun! Thanks!

Now, you know I can't answer your condom question. Not just yet.

Captain Stoutamire at least spoke to Ennis first about Alma's allegations, and I'm thinking he might have even believed him if Ennis had said they were all a lie. But, Ennis couldn't betray Jack in that way, and when the truth came out eventaully, Ennis' rep with the Captain would have been destroyed.

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, Ruby! Makes my heart sing!

See youse next Wednesday!

B

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2006, 07:48:13 am »
Wednesday has come and gone with no Tainted Evidence update  :(

Karen

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2006, 10:30:41 am »
yes, I noticed!  TE Day (didn't it used to be Prince Spaghetti Day) is just not the same without it!

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2006, 11:31:27 am »
yes, I noticed!  TE Day (didn't it used to be Prince Spaghetti Day) is just not the same without it!

Beatrice has just posted that she's having technical difficulties following a storm, but is doing all she can to get an update posted.

Louise - what is Prince Spaghetti Day?

Karen

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2006, 11:47:56 am »
Beatrice has just posted that she's having technical difficulties following a storm, but is doing all she can to get an update posted.

Louise - what is Prince Spaghetti Day?

Karen

Wednesday is Prince Spagetti Day. It was an advertising campaign that was on TV for years, "Anthony! Anthony! It's Prince Spaghetti Day!" and the kid would run home for dinner. If I googled it, I could probably find one of those old ads to watch.

Prince is a brand of spaghetti here in the US.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2006, 12:08:09 pm »
yes, it was an advertising campaign. I think there were other things like "Sunday is Beef Night" or something, but definitely the most famous was

"Wednesday is Prince Spaghetti Day". I still remember that woman who looked like Sophia Loren wiping her hands on her apron calling out the window:  "Anthony... Anthony..."

egad!  This is why I don't watch TV anymore. I think I remember almost everything I ever watched on TV, including all of the theme songs AND the commercials.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2006, 04:25:35 pm »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2006, 05:25:36 pm »
http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/8565.html

It's Prince Spaghetti Day again, or should I say - Homicide day!

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2006, 05:31:47 am »
SPOILER

Oh dear, looks like their cases are going to intertwine again. Will one of them have to step down now from the case now? Which is more probable - that the investigating officer step down or the PD.

Then again if the suspect is dead then that doesn't matter (though I wonder if the evidence is as clear cut as it seems).

Does any fic ever paint Aguire in a good light  :laugh:

Karen

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2006, 09:00:36 am »
SPOILER

I think that fandom-wide it has been determined that all AU-Aguirres must be sort of the anti-Ennis anti-Jack kryptonite-wielders.  It is so in every fic I have read.  This Aguirre seems somewhat more of the doddering nosy type Aguirre.

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 12:42:50 pm »
Thanks, youse guys!

2D characters are boring. Wanted to give Aguirre more dimension that just an asshole like he is in most fics.

The cases have not 'officially' collided, so there's no need for anyone to step away this time. Yet. And time may not afford Jack and Ennis that luxury.

Thanks for all who are reading! Glad you're enjoying!

'Til next Wednesday!

B

And, sorry, but I don't remember Spaghetti days, either.

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2006, 07:09:27 pm »
Here's the teaser for tomorrow's chapter! For those how are interested, that is.

That hermetically sealed, jaw dislocating, bridge of the nose bruising, one body trying to climb into the other, no breathing possible, classic dictionary definition of sucking face that left the Ass Bandit fuzzy, giddy and ready to roll melted into a soft murmuring of kisses, no spot on his five o’clock shadowed, nearly frozen, loopy grinning face unadorded, his head cradled secure, his body pinned in the most delectable way.

Mr. Grabby Hands should be late more often.

“Oh, god…Jack! Jack!” The taste of relief was sweet on Ennis’ lips. “I…when…I saw…oh, Jack!”

“Enn – hey – En -” Any attempt to verbally console Ennis through his obvious distress was cut short every time by a mouth that was unwilling to be interrupted.

And who am I to stand in the way of his preferred method of venting?

“And when…I couldn’t…you didn’t…answer…your phone…”

“Oh, sor – I broke da…damn…ding…” Ennis’ tongue butting in the way of Jacks’ t’s. “…doday.”

“Broke…how?”

“Drop – drop – drop-” As much as he appreciated Ennis’ worship, Jack wanted at least one sentence free of any speech impediment. A turn of head opened up just enough room to speak around the attention being lavished on the corner of his mouth. “I dropped it when Daniel punched me.”

“What?”

Blue opened to brown a nose length away.

“Only because I punched him first.”

“You punched him – why?”

“Because he hit on me.”

“But you said you – WHAT!!???!!!

Until tomorrow!

B

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2006, 07:51:13 pm »
Oh Beatrice - that was tantilising!!!  ;D

Daniel gets punched - yay!

Ennis is worried bout Jack - boo!

But Jack is Ok and they have some super face sucking - double yay!!

Wednesday used to be a kind of nondescript day, but you have certainly found a way to brighten it up. I just always have to remind myself to take my time reading your updates.

Off to bed soon, but looking forward to tomorrow.

Karen

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2006, 11:40:00 am »
Oh good ! I'm first to post after reading the latest chapter, except (*sigh*) I can't comment without it being a spoiler (*sighs* again). Let me just say this: **SIGH** (little happy purr of contentment)

cc33  >^..^<

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2006, 12:00:27 pm »
Oh good ! I'm first to post after reading the latest chapter, except (*sigh*) I can't comment without it being a spoiler (*sighs* again). Let me just say this: **SIGH** (little happy purr of contentment)

cc33  >^..^<

Oh I know. Wasn't it fab?

Those boys like to abuse their furniture.  :laugh:

Sad for Jack and his inner demons, but hoping Ennis's devotion is going to lay them to rest.

Just too many wonderful lines to quote. I adore quickfire Jack. Beatrice, how do you think up some of the stuff he thinks/says??

Karen

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2006, 09:13:58 am »
Thanks, youse guys!

So happy #24 pleased.

How do I think up the stuff Jack thinks and speaks? Well...this may sound weird, but he just tells me. He's a talkative thing, too. Ennis, not so much.

Thanks again!

B

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2006, 02:31:05 pm »
I like the Jack inner dialogue about Ass Bandit - it is so very comic-book era:

Ass-Bandit can dodge bullets too!

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2006, 06:27:24 pm »
For those here who are reading...

It's Tuesday, so here's the teaser!

(Make sure you're sitting down, kay?)

Comfortable, relaxed, just natural for my hand to rest there. We’re only lying in bed – Jack on his right side, me on my back beside. Jack reading, me watching TV. Jack with “The Dark Knight”, me with ESPN. Quiet, calm, boring.

Until he sneezes -

“Bless you.”

“Thanks.”

- and under my hand, his ass moves.

It’s not like I haven’t felt it before. Christ, less than an hour ago it was bent over the edge of the couch swallowing my dick, Jack moaning, low and throaty, animal sounds pushed into the leather as I pushed into – Shit! The noises that man can make when we f***! But, he’s actual quiet for once, just a tiny sheet scrape of the page turn. Don’t want to disturb the peace. I’ll just be content with a small thumb brush, barely making the comforter move, lazy and soft, absentminded and easy…back and forth…back and -

Then he sneezes again.

“Bless you.”

“Thanks.”

- and under my hand, his ass jumps.

f***! Forget the Colt’s Superbowl chances, to hell with the thumb brush, I got to see it now!

“Shit, Ennis! You made me lose my place!”

Watch as it moves, my hand on his ass, fingers mapping the contours, fingers tracing the lines, fingers taking possession - over the curve, firm and tight, down to the crack, smooth and ripe, under the cheek, soft and full - Jack's trembling, shivering, panting and I watch my hand on his skin, my touch to his skin, my claim to his skin, electrifying, intoxicating, hynpotizing.

Another sneeze.

"Bless you. You cold?"

“Thanks. Well, I wasn't until somebody swiped all the covers, something you don't usually do until I'm asleep."

And under my hand, his ass stings.

Pink is spreading across white before I notice the bite, my palm hovering above its reflection, and Jack is laughing, rolling over to his stomach, shoving up into my hand, his ass pushing hard, an invitation, a dare, a plea for more, and as always, I can deny him nothing.

And it just goes down(hill) from there.

See youse tomorrow!

B

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2006, 06:34:21 pm »
*oh my!*

Law Enforcement!Ennis spanks!

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2006, 07:21:27 pm »
Just in case there's anyone here reading...here's today's teaser for #26! (Hint - it's kinda long and very ADULT!!!)

Ennis popped out, leaving a smear of spit and spunk across Jack’s upturned cheek, the words, ‘What the fuck?’ mouthed broadly trickling the mixture down his neck.

An abrupt and frenzied hand gesture for Jack to ‘Just wait!’ while Ennis performed an awkward, bendy sort of stretch around the toilet paper and just to the other side of the bucket with wheels that sent his ass into the wall and his cock bouncing close to an eager mouth.

I – can’t – almost – reach – need – Open and salivating, it bobbed about, prize just out of reach. If – stay – Ennis – shit! I'm the best, but even my BJ’s require the cock to actually be in my mouth. "Quit moving, Ennis!"

"Wait just a damn second, will you?"

"Which is all it would take if you would just stay -"

An Ennis sway nudged Jack into the path of the swinging up message bag dangling from two determined and horny fingers catching the side of his head knocking him off his precariously balanced squat and right into an impressive array of mops.

“Oh, shit!”

A diving catch managed to outwit the janitorial supplies that felt obligated to alert the rest of the fourth floor to the actions taking place within their usually quiet and sex-free domain, Jack’s body landing with a grunt between handles, broken hand and hard wood.

But, of course, the Ass Bandit is quick on his knees!

“Be quiet!”

“I thought you liked it when I made -”

His collar was yanked up, which snatched the rest of his coat which pulled on his shoulders which jerked the rest of his body to standing.

The mops decided to huddle together on the other side of the closet. Loudly.

“Shit, so much for clandestine closet copul -”

Ennis kissed Jack, tight in and hard, body crushing body, mouth bruising mouth, tongue shoving tongue, breath stolen and given right back, passion combining to create a larger whole –

One minute…two minutes…three…

- Jack finally breaking it, coming away with a fuzzy head, swollen lips, a stupid ass grin, blueberry lube and condom.

‘Huh?’

Clunk! Clang! Clink!

The sounds of gun, handcuffs and badge, all muffled by jeans when Ennis pushed his to the floor.

Thud! Thwang! Thump!

The sound of Jack’s jaw dropping to his feet, his cock imprinting with zipper and his heart pounding to orgasm level already when Ennis turned to face the wall.

What? Here? “Ennis, we can’t -”

His tie was snagged this time, Ennis reaching back and pulling Jack cock to crack close. “Want you, Jack,” the not really an invitation, but a demand licked the dried smear on Jack’s cheek, “Fuck me now.”

Hope all youse guys have pleasant Jack and Ennis dreams!

'Til tomorrow!

B

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2006, 09:17:57 pm »
whoo wee!

Blueberry LUBE!  Bring it on B!

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2007, 07:36:52 pm »
For the two or three people over here that are reading - here's a little preview of tomorrow's chapter...Psst! It's VERY adult!

The kiss was a soft lingering one, Ennis taking his own sweet time on those blow job swollen lips, holding Jack to the wall - sweat pinning sticky - his steady strokes keeping him a guttural cry away from orgasm.

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you…”

Ennis used Jack’s sighs to breathe, tongue forcing the words of his song deep.

“Happy birthday, my love…”

For both mouths sucking pleasure, a finger smeared with Jack’s excitement left c*ck to join the party above, salty clear slick mingling with the sweet aftertaste of icing.

“Now, I’m going to f*** you.”

Hands full of Smithsonian caliber ass, Jack smiled. “And many more!”

Until tomorrow!

B

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2007, 07:50:57 pm »
now you know there are more people reading than THAT - just in the chat room!

We are waiting with bated breath!  And icing!

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2007, 08:13:01 pm »
OK - four.

But, that quartet is enjoying the ride, and that's all that matters.

B

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2007, 12:21:13 pm »
Now it's five.   :)

I only recently discovered this fic and read all the chapters through in the course of the holidays.

Outstanding quality and original writing style, Hotness with a HUGE capital H plus passion and urgency galore, lots and lots of great wry humour both in the dialogue and in the narratives (That whole Thanksgiving scene! Priceless!), consistent and clear characterization, intrieguing plot with a darkish crime mystery to cap it all. Absolutely loved every word of it and every scene bar one, and am very eagerly waiting for more.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2007, 12:30:17 pm »
Wanna go for six?   ;D  Although I am sure there are many, many, many  more than that who are enjoying the ride!  Found your story recently, B, and it is awesome!  Sexy, fast, intriguing, funny, unique  . . . . just everything!   How I wish I had more time to spend reading these fantastic fics by you talented authors!

Thanks - Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2007, 07:15:27 am »
I just read on Beatrice's community site, in case anybody DOESN'T know it:

lowermanhattan.livejournal.com

that she is stricken with flu!  so we shall have to contemplate Ennis's gluteal tattoo for just a little while longer before we get another chapter of the Further Adventures of Mr. Grabby Hands and Ass Bandit.

Gute Besserung, Bea!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2007, 07:21:39 am »
On your recommandation Louise, i've finally started reading this story.

Okay, laundy and cleaning the house will have to wait this week! I have more important stuff to do right now  :)

*off to lowermanhattan.livejournal.com for more
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2007, 10:09:54 am »
Oh Fabienne, you're in for a treat. Jack's inner voice is a scream!

Wonder characterisations and some very hawt writing from Miss B.

Karen

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2007, 02:18:50 am »
Contrary to reports and how I look right now, I'm still alive and writing. Here's the chapter that was slated for last week before illness stepped in with steel toed boots.

Hope you enjoy and sorry for the delay!

B

Chapter Twenty-Nine

And YEAH for all TE's new readers! YEAH!!!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2007, 04:07:35 am »
I managed to get Herman to drive me down to lowermanhattan.livejournal.com and got in the first comment.  Muah!

And let me say, there have been many discussions hither and yon (mostly yon) about how Jack is portrayed in the various AU stories, but there is no doubt here that you have a very well-rounded, tough-minded Jack!  I have to say, you write one of the best, most masculine and most optimistic/upbeat Jack characters I have read.  He is ... just great.  The reaction to Ennis's nervous upset about the X on the business card and the death threats really shows his mettle here - he isn't a helpless nelly bottom, that's for sure!  He's a tough PD in a tough town, and he has the sexiest sergeant in the force in his bed!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 04:22:05 am by louisev »

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2007, 01:57:37 pm »
Thank you!

And that is the miracle of Jack, I believe, to come from such horrible beginnings to reach a place in his life where he is independent, he is successful, his is optomistic, he is able to love. Jack is indeed masculine just as he should be in all BBM fanfic, (sadly both you and I know that isn't always the case), but he doesn't need to punch things or pick fights or bully to show that. And neither does Ennis.

He is also SO DAMN lucky to have that sexy NYPD sergeant, ain't he?

Thanks again!

B

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2007, 11:42:16 am »
Here's a little teaser for Chapter 30!

Not unless blowing through a jumbo box of condoms in less than a week is trouble.

“Wha…huh…oh…god.”

Moments before – not a cloud in the bottomless sapphire blue, just the sun watching, only God looking on and approving, knees dirt grinding, meadow green staining my palms, the mountain’s sighs cooling our naked bodies, he's behind me, moving… swaying... rolling, tight hands on my hips, taking…thrusting…pounding, me, my ass pushing back, demanding…riding…bucking, both of us howling nature’s song, Ennis… Jack… love…forever… - and now this –

“You are…you are…you…fuck.”

Thighs made the perfect frame for Ennis’ wink, his ‘Good Morning, Jack!’ lip-stretched smile orally replacing that annoying and impersonal alarm clock.

“Ennis, you…shouldn’t…too…”

Too close, too near, his ticket to Paradise – upgraded to First Class when Ennis sucked up hard – "Oh...god!" - already punched before waking up, and now the train was preparing to leave the station, but that couldn’t happen, not with him doing…not this way, he couldn’t – “I can’t… not ...no.”

Spit dribbled down the line between his balls, swirled around by thumb while tongue lapped through the slit, teeth nibbling at the head, Ennis refusing to relinquish control, refusing to heed the warning.

“I’m not…I’m about…Ennis, no.”

Jack shoved away, pulling his orgasm on hold barely body from Ennis’ mouth - “I can’t…can’t…won’t…” - heels digging in, fingers scratching out from under, sheets ripping from their moorings, head, shoulders tipping over the edge in his mad scramble to save his love from danger – “Ennis…not in…not in…your mouth!”

“Shhhh, Jack, I know,” tender kisses and licks up quivering legs - calming, soothing, pacifying. “I know, baby, shhhhh.” Ennis, the early riser in all respects, staved off Jack’s complete bed tumble by grabbing knees, bringing them up and over his shoulders – a few wet kisses there, too - holding him secure, keeping him safe, positioning him right. “I know. Just wanted your taste in my mouth while we did…” A completely protected, lubricated and erect cock pushed in. “…this.”

ENNIS!”

See you tomorrow!

B

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2007, 12:05:02 pm »
Here's a little teaser for Chapter 30!

See you tomorrow!

B

:o  :o  :o

Tomorrow better come soon!!

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2007, 10:26:56 pm »
Teaser for tomorrow's chapter!

Preoccupied with signing the forms, mind on the burning hole in his pocket, where it would lead him next, Ennis answered the phone without thinking, without looking at the incoming number, without realizing he had just hit speaker.

“Del Mar.”

“I want you inside me now.”

The phone dropped, maniacal laughter skittering across the counter.

“Oh…shit, I…damn…come back…shit!”

Saved from a plunge off the other side, the cell was returned to its beet red owner compliments of the desk clerk and his smirk.

“Uh...I’ve got…to take…” A vague wave to anyplace but where he was standing right now.

“Yes, I heard.”

Ennis brought the cell, the slow burn, and the clerk's wink over into the far corner to hide. "Jack, don't ever fucking do that again!"

"Not into phone sex, then?"

"I'm working here!"

"All work and no play makes Jack a very horny boy."

"No work and all play makes Ennis a very unemployed boy."

"Just file Form 69."

"Form..." Jack plus inside me plus horny plus sixty-nine equals...equals...who needs fucking math anyway? "What?"

"Incident report for non-lethal discharge of an officer's weapon." Jack's voice finessed the innuendo, words doing what fingers and lips could not. "But, I've got to warn you."

"About what?"

Sex whispered hot against Ennis' ear. "It must be filled out in triplicate."

Tomorrow!

B

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2007, 08:19:07 am »

ew now just yer TEASERS make me green with envy.  Damn! 

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2007, 08:44:43 pm »

wow B your teasers make it hard to wait for the next day,,,,i cant wait for that now.....so funny                                                 janice

Beautiful mind

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2007, 02:56:08 am »
Yeehaw, it's wednesday!!    ;D

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2007, 08:41:39 pm »
Because youse guys have been so patient as I scratched myself out of the pit, (not completely, mind you, but I can feel the sun's warmth on my face finally) here's an extra long teaser holding the information you most desire. It's the absolute least I can do to make up for disappearing on you.

“Mr. Twist! Behave!”

“Ah, come now, Edna, don’t tell me you haven’t noticed.” Somewhere at the other end of yards of plastic tubing spider legging from his arm, behind Ringers Lactate flushing enough fluid in to make him piss Lake Erie, beside the squat square force feeding packed cells, Type B Negative, under the sidecar of Levaquin – the all-purpose antibiotic, and futzing with the IVAC producing a tune reminiscent of the dance mix version of Cher’s “Believe” was his ER nurse. And she’s smiling! Saucy little minx! “I’m the one with the extra hole here, and I noticed.”

“I’m a professional.” Three buttons, three beeps. “And a grandmother.”

“What, the AARP frowns on ass admiration now?” Head flop to the left didn’t quite make it there thanks to what the blankets wedged against his spine cocking him sideways, the pillows next to his ass and knees to keep him there, the implement borrowed from the KGB’s toy chest immobilizing his left shoulder and Edna all laughingly referred to as a comfortable position. “Daniel, you noticed, didn’t you?”

The ADA shifted, noveau riche sensitivities oil to chintzy plastic chair water, Jack’s message bag between his feet, Jack’s blood crusted on his shirt. “Don’t know who you’re blathering about, Jack.”

“Jameel, the orderly, don’t tell me you didn’t notice his – what the fuck am I saying? No doubt you’ve been there, hit that…” - a prolonged moment of concentration to prod the snarky comment out of the morphine mire – “moved up one floor to PT.”

“Not talking out of your ass is always an option, Jack.”

Oooo! A direct hit! One more and…I’ve sunk his…his…battle…thingee! 

“I think not talking at all would be advisable, Mr. Twist. You need to rest, jumpstart the healing process.”

Though whispered from the other side of the pharmacological chasm, Jack still heeded Edna’s suggestion of peace, snuggling under his narcotic comforter to wait, the absence of pain - or any sensations really, except for the hazy weights tied to his limbs with cottony, but unbreakable threads – soothed iron clenched muscles, quieted the high pitched shriek of fear, lullabied thoughts away from hospitals and Jacky’s memories to wander more pleasant meadows.

Daniel noticed, I know he did…watched him watching…the whole time Jameel was in…and then when he went…I know Daniel was…not that I give a…flying fuck…don’t care where he…not my, not anymore, ’cause I got…now there’s an ass! Should be one of the seven wonder…much finer than that… overgrown…Baby…lonian backyard…don’t want Daniel looking at…tell him to…it’s all mine…can’t have…can’t take…Daniel will look and what Daniel wants… goddamnit!…he’s mine… “Keep the fuck away from Ennis!”

“Oh, goody. Ennis again.” The chair not even marginally working for him anymore, Daniel stood up to pace the hobbit-sized trauma room, five steps one way of irritated tension. “Haven’t heard that name evoked for all of five minutes.”

“Allow me to recti…recti…” Jack was experiencing some difficulty in accessing his extensive vocabulary, opiates bogging down the connection. “…fix my oversight. Ennis, Ennis, Ennis, Ennis…oh, yes,” a sloppy, silly, sideways, simple and pure smile of unabashed love and devotion, warming Jack from the inside out. “…Eeeeeeennnnnnnnnniiiiiiisssssssss.

“Ennis?” A quick notation in the patient’s chart. “Who is Ennis?”

“Ennis is…is…”

How does one describe perfection? The solution, the answer, it? Jack squeezed in tight, curling toes, clenching fist, squniching eyes, willing his floating on a drug cloud mind to focus on one thing, the only thing - Ennis this morning in their doorway, he and Jack nose to nose, clinking belt buckles, palms resting on the small of his back, denim frictioning wool, lips slick with kisses and turned up in the way that Jack knew was for him alone.

"Ennis is..." curls and freckles and brown – “…is...” - BBQ and whiskey and raisin bagels and Chinese and birthday cake – “…is…” – basketball, Cigar Butt, handcuffs - “…is…” waiting and dreaming and hoping and needing and completing – “…is…” - sweat and semen and spit and sex and sex and sex and fucking incredible sex - “…is…” – truth and strength and honesty and light and joy and life and home and me – “…Ennis is…”

“I’m Jack’s partner.”

Those of you still with me, see you tomorrow!

B

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2007, 08:57:16 pm »
So... I log on two minutes after you post this teaser -  what luck!!!!   LOL!!!

And what a teaser it is - excellence as usual, B!  I knew nothin' would keep Ennis from his Jack!

Glad you're feeling some sun ... and I'm sure all your readers are still with you.  Don't forget - you're the one providing us with the gift - and it's always worth the wait!!!

Thanks,

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2007, 11:01:19 pm »
*Eeeeeeeee!*

wb!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2007, 03:21:59 am »

"Ennis is..." curls and freckles and brown – “…is...” - BBQ and whiskey and raisin bagels and Chinese and birthday cake – “…is…” – basketball, Cigar Butt, handcuffs - “…is…” waiting and dreaming and hoping and needing and completing – “…is…” - sweat and semen and spit and sex and sex and sex and fucking incredible sex - “…is…” – truth and strength and honesty and light and joy and life and home and me – “…Ennis is…”

“I’m Jack’s partner.”

OMG ~ this is BEAUTIFUL!!

Offline el_wing

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • and bite me too...
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2007, 05:45:49 am »
Now I'm all excited for the next chapter. Hope you're doing well. Real life can get it the way, can't it?

“I’m Jack’s partner.”

Those of you still with me, see you tomorrow!

B

Leaves turn over with the times,
The sun breaks each day with shines,
Hither awhile, then whither back--
It is life that people lack.
     ~el-wing

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2007, 04:04:12 pm »
I have been missing this story, I hope you are well and consider me one of the MANY readers out here waiting sort of patiently for you to let us read more. ;)

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2007, 06:34:33 am »
 ;D New chapter up! Yippie!

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2007, 10:52:49 am »
Thanks, youse guys!

Hope you enjoyed Chapter #32!

See ya soon!

B

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2007, 12:22:57 am »
Very short teaser tonight. Well, compared to last week's that is.

“Trauma Four?” Where’s Jack? The question was tossed out there to the scrubs ebb and flow as he ran, Doc Martins squealing and sliding – “Trauma Four?” Where’s my Jack? – twisting and turning and spinning along the buffed to an eye squinting sheen linoleum, passing room after room – file, medication, supply -  no luck, no peace, no Jack – “Where’s Trauma Room Four?” – asking person after person - looking for answers, searching for explanations, begging for comfort - I’m coming, Jack! I’m coming! "Trauma Four? Trauma Four?"

Modern medical science only had time for a general ‘That way’ wave as it scurried off to perform another miracle. Ennis' thanks was just as demonstrative.

Jack was shot, and he was alone. Jack was shot, and he needed help. Jack was shot, and I wasn't there.

Nurse's station, unisex rest room, bereavement area and Ennis was still running.

Jack was shot because I couldn't protect him. Jack was shot because I failed. Jack was shot -

Laundry, water fountain, housekeeping closet.

- and I can't even find him!

"Where the fuck is Trauma Room Four?"

"Ennis? What on earth are you doing here?"

As much as it pains me to say this, #33 will not be up tomorrow. Saturday/Sunday, yes, Wednesday, no. Sorry.

B

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2007, 01:47:37 pm »
Hey, how did I miss this? 

Where’s my Jack? –

Love that possessive pronoun!   Thanks for the teaser, B!  Saturday/Sunday - whatever!  We'll be here!

Marie

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2007, 04:24:37 pm »

I AM SO SORRY;  I hope you are doing well, and real life is just" a bitch of
an unsatisfactory situation." We all have times like that, and i hope yours
is resolved sooner rather than later..Just to know we are all waiting and
loving what you do.  See you when you can make it...  Janice

Beautiful mind

mvansand76

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2007, 05:54:07 pm »
I have to admit that until now I have had a hard time really following this story at times! Made me feel stupid at times because I didn't seem to understand what was going on in some chapters.....but..... it's so worth it because I so love your style of writing Beatrice, it's so funny and your Jack is absolutely hilarious and heartwarming! The dialogue is some of the best I have ever read.

So I have decided that I am going to wait until the story is finished, then print it and read it in one go! Will you provide me with a TE-manual (including a glossary and timeline)?

:D

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2007, 02:40:29 am »
I have to admit that until now I have had a hard time really following this story at times! Made me feel stupid at times because I didn't seem to understand what was going on in some chapters.....but..... it's so worth it because I so love your style of writing Beatrice, it's so funny and your Jack is absolutely hilarious and heartwarming! The dialogue is some of the best I have ever read.

So I have decided that I am going to wait until the story is finished, then print it and read it in one go! Will you provide me with a TE-manual (including a glossary and timeline)?

I know exactly what you mean Mel. I sometimes feel i should be a New Yorker to understand all the references etc. But it really helps to have it on paper and reread (which is not a bad thing alltogether  ::)). Sometimes reading the comments is helpful too. Hey, maybe we can start our on thread to discuss this and do it in dutch so no one knows what kind of 'stupid' questions we have!  :laugh:

You're right though, this story is very good. I like her Jack and Ennis very much.

mvansand76

« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2007, 07:26:34 am »
Hey, maybe we can start our on thread to discuss this and do it in dutch so no one knows what kind of 'stupid' questions we have!  :laugh:

Dat zou geen slecht idee zijn!  :D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2007, 07:56:37 am »
Dat zou geen slecht idee zijn!  :D

Let me guess....That's a good idea!

L

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2007, 08:18:31 am »

Yeah, I'm mighty American. Sometimes too American I've been told, and 100 percent New Yorker. Go figure.

I'm so thrilled you like TE Jack! He is such fun to write - exhausting, too! - and together with NYC Ennis, well, that's just magic. Dialogue is my most favoritist thing to write. Guess it shows. But, I believe, since we read for the characters, why not allow the characters to tell their story? I know they are infinitely more interesting than I.

Please, don't think of any question you might have as stupid. Ask away, and I - or other readers, I'm sure - would be delighted to assist you. Perhaps when the story is completed, which should be by the end of March, I will add a glossary and/or maps to help those not familiar with Big Apple environs.

Thanks so much!

B

mvansand76

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2007, 08:32:11 am »
Yeah, I'm mighty American. Sometimes too American I've been told, and 100 percent New Yorker. Go figure.

I'm so thrilled you like TE Jack! He is such fun to write - exhausting, too! - and together with NYC Ennis, well, that's just magic. Dialogue is my most favoritist thing to write. Guess it shows. But, I believe, since we read for the characters, why not allow the characters to tell their story? I know they are infinitely more interesting than I.

Please, don't think of any question you might have as stupid. Ask away, and I - or other readers, I'm sure - would be delighted to assist you. Perhaps when the story is completed, which should be by the end of March, I will add a glossary and/or maps to help those not familiar with Big Apple environs.

Thanks so much!

B

Oh that would be wonderful!  :) I have been to New York twice, but there's a difference between visiting it and living there! Maybe you can situate your next story in LA, I lived there a few months and I should have no problem reading a story that is situated there!  ;)

Oh yes I love your Jack, he is so lovably sassy, I have no other way to describe him! I can completely picture him through his dialogue!

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2007, 10:02:30 pm »
You can't be too New York.  Some times too American, though. LOL.  ;D I love NYC J&E and the cab drivers, too. I am watching for an update anxiously. I wonder if E used his badge to get into the trauma center, or did Herman help him?

Hopefully the Sarge will make Jack feel better and get Daniel outta there. Too bad, Daniel, you threw Jack away and you can't have him back, so there.

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2007, 10:14:37 pm »
I offer a brief teaser for the long awaited Chapter 33.

Ennis kissed his forehead instead, a coppery stench of dried blood gag lodged in his throat.

“Hey…you…” Foggy focus managed to roll out from under the morphine. “…missed…my...”

Just like a tango, a see saw and a blow job, it takes two to kiss properly. Ennis did his part for the cause, cradling Jack’s head, bending over the handrail to bump Jack’s nose, scratching thumbs through Jack’s dark stubble, even winking suggestively for the benefit of Jack’s fragile because of his plastered to one side hair ego. “This more on target?” But, the lips under his never quite reached a firm pucker, hindered as they were with the lack of cooperation from a slack jaw, limp cheek muscles and a stupid grin that refused to step aside and allow the lovers’ greeting.

"Oh, god, Jack, I love you!"

“Ennis…you…I…too...”

Even though it was a flaccid, amorphous, off-center, spit slicking sloppy kiss, Ennis wanted a forever of more.  Jack, the sweetest taste I know.

"You're...uh...uh...late."

"And you're high."

Jack tugged both mouths towards a broader, sillier grin. "Oh, fuck...yeah."

Working hard and, come hell or high water or any other mishegas, it will be up tomorrow!

Thanks for hanging in there with me, youse guys!

B

mvansand76

« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2007, 06:38:49 am »
I offer a brief teaser for the long awaited Chapter 33.

Ennis kissed his forehead instead, a coppery stench of dried blood gag lodged in his throat.

“Hey…you…” Foggy focus managed to roll out from under the morphine. “…missed…my...”

Just like a tango, a see saw and a blow job, it takes two to kiss properly. Ennis did his part for the cause, cradling Jack’s head, bending over the handrail to bump Jack’s nose, scratching thumbs through Jack’s dark stubble, even winking suggestively for the benefit of Jack’s fragile because of his plastered to one side hair ego. “This more on target?” But, the lips under his never quite reached a firm pucker, hindered as they were with the lack of cooperation from a slack jaw, limp cheek muscles and a stupid grin that refused to step aside and allow the lovers’ greeting.

"Oh, god, Jack, I love you!"

“Ennis…you…I…too...”

Even though it was a flaccid, amorphous, off-center, spit slicking sloppy kiss, Ennis wanted a forever of more.  Jack, the sweetest taste I know.

"You're...uh...uh...late."

"And you're high."

Working hard and, come hell or high water or any other mishegas, it will be up tomorrow!

Thanks for hanging in there with me, youse guys!

B

Oh God, that was lovely Beatrice, and I totally understood what was going on! I love Jack, I love him even more when he is high!

:) ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 08:59:13 am by Snuitje »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2007, 08:47:19 am »
Oh God, that was lovely Beatrice, and I totally knew what was going on! I love Jack, I love him even more when he is high!

:) ;)

:laugh: :laugh:  Yeah, isn't he just too adorable for words? 

Thanks for the great teaser, B - so excited for the rest!

Marie

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2007, 08:18:32 pm »
I love your teases and this story. I will keep checking as it is getting soon, please. Sorry for whining....

Offline rbygivens

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2007, 03:25:53 pm »
Queen B,

You know how much I am in awe of your talent, your skill with words. Think I've told you enough over on LJ and emails. Just wanted to stick my head in here to first remind everyone of just how wonderfully unique, smart, clever, intelligent, original, brilliant, groundbreaking, just plain untouchable "Tainted Evidence" is. If you haven't read TE, then haul ass over to LowerManhattan. I promise you will be kicking yourself for not discovering this phenomenal story sooner.

Second, to say thanks for PD Jack and Sgt. Ennis. Can't imagine a world without them.

mvansand76

« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2007, 03:35:58 am »
Oh I loved this chapter so much, I was grinning like a fool through it all! I hate Daniel, especially for saying that to Ennis, that guy is one sore loser if you ask me! Damn!  >:(

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2007, 07:05:37 pm »
Here's today's Teaser!

All he wanted was some non-green Jell-O.

Red or yellow or blue or...I like orange...orange is good. Nana Spencer always made me orange...liked going to Nana and Papa Spencer's...took me fishing and let me use a hammer and stay up past my bedtime and...He wasn't...orange in that white bowl with blue flowers on the...and Cool Whip...Cool Whip...Cool Whip makes everything good...pie and cookies and cherry cake and...but not green...not even Cool Whip can make green...tastes awesome right out of the container, big spoonfuls...two...three...can't let mom see me 'cause she'd get...if He catches me, belt for sure, beat me so hard I...I hate green...that's the only color they had, that other place, that other hospital, nurses bringing me green all the time...green, green, green...only there because He...so mad He broke...told me to lie, or it would happen again...so, I did, but it did again...and again...and again... and no chunks...chunks are gross, chunks feel weird in my mouth, chunks get caught in my throat, chunks stick in my braces...even bananas are gross...bananas belong in pudding and Cheerio's, not Jell-O...just Jell-o...just non-green Jell-O...and Ennis.

"Mr. Twist?"

"What's...left of..me."

Non-green Jell-o and Ennis...and cool whip...oh...Ennis and Cool Whip...Ennis wearing just Cool Whip...me eating Cool Whip right off...wait for it...wait for it...wait for...damn...morphine kills pain and boners.

"OK, I'm just here to check on your IV's."

Want Ennis, even with no Cool Whip...even with no non-green...not this guy...this guy's too short...too skinny...no ass...has it been fifteen...feels like hours since...how long does it take to get up here from...shit.

"You might feel a little sting for a moment."

Ennis was...and Daniel was...having some fly on the wall envy here...bet Ennis kicked his - "Wait...what're you...doing to...my -"

See youse tomorrow! (I hope)

B

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2007, 09:47:40 pm »
Thanks for the teaser, B - you had my emotions flying all over the place!  Really terrific as always. 

The short, skinny guy with no ass better keep his hands off Jack's Batman boxers!  Hurry, Ennis!

Can't wait for more!

Marie

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2007, 08:35:29 am »
Look! It's tomorrow already!  ;)

Thanks for the teaser B, you do know how to make me hit the refresh button endlessly.. :)

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2007, 09:16:59 pm »
It sounds like someone is trying to Overdose Jack on his IV meds.  :o  Ennis better forget chasing the bad guy and check on Jack.

Sweet Jack was so abused, I wish Ennis knew how fragile he is. Maybe the Sarge can have a little talk with Jacks dad during family Christmas. :(

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2007, 08:05:05 pm »
A voice cries from the RL wilderness...Teaser Time!

“Goddamnit!” Who knew, who knew where Jack was supposed to be?

Shouts in the otherwise subdued and relatively mundane world of a med/surg floor had enticed the curiously bored to each open door, caretaker and cared for alike forming two parallel lines of potential targets.

“Everybody! Back in your rooms!” The staff, here and ER…

The authority and urgency was quite apparent in the voice, yet the possible casualties were still reluctant to relinquish their vicarious claim on this rare piece of excitement.

“Damnit! BACK IN YOUR ROOMS!” And Daniel…and Herman…

Perhaps it was civic duty that pricked their consciouses into action, or the sight of a single man barreling down the hall had a very short shelf life - crazed cop with gun or no - that sent the rubberneckers scurrying to safety. More than likely, though, it was Ennis’ over the head, over exaggerated weapon cocking and the whiz of a series of bullets flying that missed his head by a whisper.

…and the whole fucking hospital ‘cause I shouted it across the waiting - “Fuck!”

An off-beat and frantic rhythm of slamming doors, all gone to ground except –

“You!” A feminine figure in white froze, her retreat hesitating a moment too long, and mid-flight, Ennis latched on to a thin arm, dragging the unfortunate nurse along with. Hunnie had no time, no time to… “I'm Sgt. Del Mar. Come with me!”

“Sir – what – I – too – what – please – don’t – I -” her confused stammering as disjointed as her frightened stumbling, “Stop – you - hurting – please -”

“Here! A pause only to shove his cargo at the door of 722. “Check on Jack!” Jack is fine, Jack is OK, Jack, please, please be… Then back to the chase.

I WILL see youse guys tomorrow!

B   

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2007, 05:09:51 am »

Like i said,, mean mean and hateful wench,,,but i love mean and spiteful wenches, of which i am proud to be one,,,,see ya tamarrow......hehehhe
                                                                                                          janice

Beautiful mind

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2007, 08:26:38 am »
Holy Crap, B!!!  That went beyond teasing.  Janice is right - you are evil!   :laugh:
We love ya, B.  Can't wait for tonight!

Thanks!
Marie

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2007, 01:46:40 am »
Evenin'.

She's teasin' us like the old trailer at the afternoon matinee for the next chapter in the Western serial.  The good guy is in the wagon, knocked out by the bad guy, the horses have somehow slipped the harnesses and run free, and the wagon is careening towards the cliff!  Oh, no! But, wait...the other good guy and best friend to the first good guy is riding hell bent for leather towards the wagon.  Will he get there in time to save his best friend?! Will the bad guy get his just rewards?! Will they live happily ever after? [Wait, that didn't happen in Westerns. Darn. Well, here it can.] See you next week, kids!!

Can't wait that long! Will tomorrow never come?!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2007, 08:51:08 am »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2007, 09:25:18 am »
now mind you...

I don't do a lot of reading, but when I do I beat down the door to only a handful of fics, and I read myself to my evening nap on T.E. tonight!  holy smoke! I sense a novelistic climax!

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2007, 12:33:15 pm »
Thanks, everyone!

Kerrfuflements are a bitch, but having supportive readers and friends help ease the sting.

Starting #35 today, so keep your fingers crossed that my Muse is talkative.

Thanks again!

B

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Tainted Evidence
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2007, 01:34:44 pm »
Mornin'.

Had a long chat with your muse a short time ago.  He's talking up a storm now! Hope he's making sense, talking so fast.  Sounds like someone we know. 

Looking forward to #35, and all the others. 

mvansand76

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2007, 10:44:43 am »
OK, I have already admitted here that sometimes I have no clue what happened in a chapter sooooooo I am hopefully not gonna sound too dumb or crazy when I say that I did not understand one thing of the latest chapter.... Sorry Beatrice...

Can somebody help me?  ???

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2007, 12:03:12 pm »
OK, I have already admitted here that sometimes I have no clue what happened in a chapter sooooooo I am hopefully not gonna sound too dumb or crazy when I say that I did not understand one thing of the latest chapter.... Sorry Beatrice...

Can somebody help me?  ???

Aww - you're not dumb or crazy, Mel!!  I'm not B - but maybe I can help.  Do you want a kind of synopsis or is there a specific question or questions? 

Marie

mvansand76

« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2007, 12:05:51 pm »
Aww - you're not dumb or crazy, Mel!!  I'm not B - but maybe I can help.  Do you want a kind of synopsis or is there a specific question or questions? 

Marie

I just don't know what happened in this chapter.... at all...  :( So yeah a synopsis would be cool...

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2007, 12:52:57 pm »
I'll do my best to try and get to it tonight.  I hope I'm able to help and don't end up making you even more confused - or worse yet - get it completely wrong myself!   :)

Marie

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2007, 03:40:25 pm »
I'll do my best to try and get to it tonight.  I hope I'm able to help and don't end up making you even more confused - or worse yet - get it completely wrong myself!   :)

Marie

emmm, can I get one too please? Feeling a bit confused myself... ???

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2007, 06:58:20 pm »
I'll probably do this in two parts - but here goes!

SPOILERS for Chapter 34:

First, this was a very intense, fast-moving chapter and I had to read it a couple of times myself to take it all in – and English is my native tongue!   Second, my apologies to B in advance for anything I'm getting wrong  - but here's may take on Chapter 34:

Okay, the parts written in blue?  Those are the police regulations that Ennis must follow when he's in pursuit of a suspect (the "Game").  So we start off with Ennis identifying himself ("Police") and demanding that the suspect halt ("Freeze") as required by the rules.  Throughout the chase, we keep getting a peek at these regulations as they apply to Ennis's pursuit of Hunnie.  He orders all the innocent bystanders to get back in their rooms and then grabs the first official looking person he sees – a nurse- and shoves her into Jack's room to check on him.  When Ennis is on the stairwell chasing Hunnie, Detective Lee from the NYPD (New York Police Department) finds him.  This will be made clear later on when we get back to Jack's point of view.   Ennis and Lee have a conversation consisting of single words (kind of a police shorthand) wherein Ennis learns that Det. Lee was with Jack when the nurse was shoved in the room, that Jack was "wasted" (high on morphine – which he already knew), that Det. Lee's partner was (supposed to be) with Jack,that Hunnie is suspected of killing nine people and is armed with a gun.  At this point a bullet skims Ennis above the ear  - he's hit and bleeding but not badly injured.  Ennis is a floor behind Hunnie and when he comes out of the stairwell he can't find him

To make matters more complicated, Hunnie is wearing green "scrubs" – scrubs are the loose-fitting pants and tops worn by hospital staff so it's very easy for Hunnie to blend into the crowd.   The security guard tells Ennis that all the exits have been secured , but now Ennis is in a panic knowing that if Hunnie is in green scrubs it will be easy for him to walk right into Jack's room and so he leaves Det. Lee to coordinate with security and he rushes off to Jack. While he's trying to get an elevator, he gets a call from Matt.  Matt is from the computer Forensics department and he is the one that was trying to decode that computer chip that Ennis found (remember back – maybe two or three chapters ago).  Matt has really bad news.  The computer chip contains a program that can by-pass security programs through wireless internet (WIFI) and could literally bring the entire city to a standstill.  Cut off all electricity, phone service, water, transportation systems – everything – all with a laptop computer.  Just at that moment, everything goes dark in the elevator  (Okay – hospitals have emergency generators that will kick into action so the hospital will not be without electricity, etc. - but Ennis needs to get out of that elevator – and from reading B's comments she has said that he will.)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2007, 07:09:22 pm »
SPOILERS Chapter 34:

Okay, the next part is Jack's point of view and we have to jump back iin time a bit.  He's having morphine-induced dreams when a "short skinny guy" comes in, supposedly to check on his IV's  - but right at that moment, Detective Lee and partner enter Jack's room – and the short skinny guy (Hunnie) runs out.  Anytime a hospital treats a gunshot wound, they are required by law to report it to the police – so it looks like Det. Lee and partner are the ones who have been sent to officially question Jack about his shooting.  (Ennis came running to the hospital as Jack's partner – not in his official capacity.)  We are now back at the point where the chapter starts and there is all the commotion in the hallway and Ennis starts chasing Hunnie as he runs out of Jack's room and shoves the nurse into the room to check on Jack.  Now both detectives have run out, (first Lee, when the commotion starts; and then the partner when the nurse says that a police officer is in pursuit of someone) leaving the nurse alone with Jack.  Jacks asks for Jell-O and the nurse leaves to get it.  As soon as that happens, someone steps into the room and wants to talk to Jack about his client, Jesse.  (Now I think it may be Hunnie who has come back into the room – but B is pretty evil and I think she may be playing games - so I'm not sure).  And that's where we are now. 

Oh, yeah - in the middle of Jack's point of view he has some really smoking hot morphine-induced sex fantasies involving, of course, Ennis. There are three of them – one involving a laundry room and a dryer, one involving a two-way mirror, and the third one involves the hood of a Mustang sports car!   ;D

Clear as mud?  Hope that helped - and I hope I got it right!

Marie

mvansand76

« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2007, 04:26:12 am »
I am dizzy from all the information, Marie!!!!

;D

Thanks for doing this, it makes it all a lot clearer!

:-*

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2007, 08:05:44 am »
SPOILERS Chapter 34:

Clear as mud?  Hope that helped - and I hope I got it right!

Marie

:laugh:  :laugh:

thanks Marie! I think you've got it right.  I'm rereading the last five chapters. All is becoming clear.. , well sorta  :)

Oh, yeah - in the middle of Jack's point of view he has some really smoking hot morphine-induced sex fantasies involving, of course, Ennis. There are three of them – one involving a laundry room and a dryer, one involving a two-way mirror, and the third one involves the hood of a Mustang sports car!   ;D

Marie

THAT didn't leave me confused!  ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2007, 11:52:01 am »
Maybe we could get Bea to post the Mustang hood sex fantasy on the drabble thread, since mustang is a prompt and no one seems to be drabbling today!

I have an excuse, I can't concentrate!

L

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2007, 11:55:03 am »
THAT didn't leave me confused!  ;D

Nah, didn't think so - I just like talking about it!!   :laugh:

Maybe we could get Bea to post the Mustang hood sex fantasy on the drabble thread, since mustang is a prompt and no one seems to be drabbling today!

I have an excuse, I can't concentrate!

L

An excellent idea, L!

Marie

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2007, 12:20:33 am »
Not a new chapter, or even a teaser, but I hope this helps to fill the void until next week.

Here's Your Flow Chart

Love youse guys! Enjoy!

B

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2007, 01:05:45 pm »
Not a new chapter, or even a teaser, but I hope this helps to fill the void until next week.

Here's Your Flow Chart

Love youse guys! Enjoy!

B

B, that is awesome - thanks!  Us guys love you too. 

Marie

mvansand76

« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2007, 03:42:10 pm »

Here's Your Flow Chart

Love youse guys! Enjoy!

B

LOL! I hope this is not gonna confuse me even more.... ;)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2007, 01:22:34 pm »
TE Primer Part Two is up!  Covers Chapters 13 - 23:

http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/12615.html#cutid1

Thanks again, B

Marie

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2007, 09:45:00 pm »

Well done Marie, very well indeed.  Janice stands up and applauds the lovely Marie's excellent synopsis to that chapter.. What a great job...
                                                                               janice

:D   :D    :D    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Beautiful mind

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2007, 10:17:05 pm »
TE Primer: Part Three

Here's the last section!

I hope this helps and you enjoy!

See youse guys next Tuesday for the teaser!

B

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2007, 12:45:08 pm »
Many thanks for all of this! This story rocks and the pace is like a New York minute. I feel exausted when I am done reading. LOL :laugh:
I remember once a young man I knew from Spanish Harlem who called the Arizona lifestyle the Arizona drag because the speed of life was sooo slow to him.
I look forward to the next chapter, let's protect our very high Jack at all costs, his morphine induced fantasies are priceless.

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2007, 06:37:48 pm »
It's Tuesday, so here's the Teaser!

“Ah, come on, Jack. Jesse, Jesse Whitfield. You remember, that crazy, homeless bastard?”

“Of course…I remem…Jess…but…” Confusion had joined morphine, two against not really even one at this point, the formidable tug-of-war team determined to see lucidity covered in sloppy, slimy mud. Why is…IV guy…Jesse…? “Who…are you?”

“A friend. What did youse talk about when you saw him today? What did he tell you?”

Ah, well, no more energy to focus or figure out needed to be scraped from his on empty batteries now. With that one question from the insincere smile at the other end of his nose, this bizarre and off-putting conversation pulled up short. “Sorry, can't say..." He had better places to be anyway then knocking on this conundrum’s door while wearing cut-offs to a black tie soiree. "...attor… nery/cli…ent…” Lashes went a’visiting, bumping once…twice…to stop for an extended stay with their southern kin. “…pri…vledge. Now, if...you will...ex...” Where were…Mustang…empty…lot…Ennis fucking…Ennis spank –

“Oh, not you don’t, Jack.” Four slaps, quick and sharp, against a slackened jaw. “No falling asleep on me now. Where is it?”

“Fucking ass…hole…” Anger stepped up, taking the anchor spot for the home team, a one-handed yank, and the marker flag returned to the middle of the mud pit, fuzzy and stupid retreating to the concessions stand for nachos and a slushee. “Don’t you fuck…ing touch…” Fish flopping time again, Jack struggled against drugs and fatigue, pillows and blankets, IVs and immobilizer to reach a less beached whale, tied to the tracks, deer out in the open on hunting season’s first day, helplessly vulnerable position he found himself in. Skinny ass…guy is in…serious need of…some bed…side manner…interven…tion.  “…me a – hey, get – away - put that – god – damnit!”

“Where is it, Jack?” Case files, legal pads, law books, Post-It notes, newspaper, take-out menus, boxers, pencils, pens, Tic-Tacs, the hands violating his message bag indiscriminately dumping his life across the floor. “Where is it?”

“Stop – what -” Jack could take comfort for help was but a convenient thumb press away, the call button ready and eager to summon an angel of mercy in SpongeBob scrubs from the nurse’s station just a few scant yards down the hall. This is...so going on my...com...ment...card where...where...is... Help to retrieve said call button the fish flopping had bounced out of reach for his IV imprisoned hand to dangle by a slick white cord off the side of the bed was but a few scant feet across the room turning his message bag inside out, demanding answers to enigmatic questions and all Jack could take from that was panic. “Shit.”

See youse tomorrow!

B

mvansand76

« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2007, 11:27:50 am »
My usual reply:  :o

:laugh:

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2007, 01:56:52 pm »
HURRY, ENNIS!!!!!!!!

Gotta say, though, that ...

"This is...so going on my...com...ment...card ...."

- is priceless!  Pure TE Jack!  :laugh:

Thanks, B!
Marie

mvansand76

« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2007, 07:27:08 am »
HURRY, ENNIS!!!!!!!!

Gotta say, though, that ...

"This is...so going on my...com...ment...card ...."

- is priceless!  Pure TE Jack!  :laugh:

Thanks, B!
Marie

Yep, he is even funnier on drugs!

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2007, 05:00:52 pm »
Up from the depths of a technological hell comes...

“Sergeant, there’s no need to -”

“Shit!” He regretted it immediately, the vise clamping in his neck cranking a few ticks tighter thanks to his chair jumping, body jerking, shirt drenching, Jack stirring, damn embarrassing start back to alert. “Shit.” Fucking fell asleep sitting - stupid, so stupid and fucking weak – what if – and they – Jack could have -

“En…nis…” The voice pillow slurred, drowsy ribbons binding it still. “…are…you?”

At his side instantly, knuckles soothed a stubbly cheek. “I’m here, I got you, you’re safe,” tender forehead kisses coaxing slumber’s return.

“You…cow…hat…hot…”

“Sssshhh, baby, ssshhh..” A stray lock of dark hair was scolded back in place and a non-existent blanket wrinkle received a smart smooth down before a hand motion and an ill advised nod of the head retired the conversation to the bathroom doorway.

“I didn’t mean to wake you.” The barely above a whisper apology conciliatory and sincere “I’m sorry, Sergeant.”

“No, no, Kisha. I shouldn’t have been…wait, is it already…” Neck knot kneading hand paused for a time check. “Antibiotics at nine.”

“There’s no need to wake him, though.”

“But, doesn’t he need, I mean, how is he -”

“Incredibly hot, brilliant and in love with you.”

The lines of his Jack smile crinkled, the grooves deep from copious amounts of practice. “He told you to say that, didn’t he?”

“Even wrote it down for me.” The 5x7 card pulled from her pocket flashed loopy, round words in red Sharpie. “To avoid a misquoting faux pas.”

“Self diagnosis by Dr. Twist. He write his own prescriptions, too?”

The other side of the card presented Jack’s one word cure-all: Ennis.

“And I do believe one will make the other,” a tiny, thin paper cup was placed in Ennis’ care, “go down easier. But, soon, with food. And don’t give into his Bambi eyes this time.” A wee, wisp of a little thing, and not much older than Junior, Kisha had proven to be remarkably immune to that fatal condition that afflicts most women when exposed to the Twist Charm. “No matter how much he whines.”

“Jack whine?” Mock protestation ‘defended’ his partner’s honor. “No!”

“Yeah, right. And how long has he been my patient?”

Since Wednesday night, introductions made, thanks to Hunnie’s powers of persuasion, over blood soaked sheets.

Sordid details tomorrow!

Sorry for being away sooooo long.

B

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2007, 08:00:00 pm »
.  .  .
At his side instantly, knuckles soothed a stubbly cheek. “I’m here, I got you, you’re safe,” tender forehead kisses coaxing slumber’s return. 

Ahh . . .  :)     That will make it much easier to read those sordid details! 

Thanks, B - looking forward to Wednesday

Marie

P.S.  How adorable is that 5x7 card  :D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2007, 01:18:17 am »

All agog and atwitter.  I cant wait for this beatrice..  No more problems from the
mad computer geni.  I hate them too.....janice

Beautiful mind

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2007, 12:17:08 pm »
Wait no more, Janice - look what I found!  :D  Chapter 35:

http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/13413.html

Marie

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2007, 12:03:25 pm »

mvansand76

« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2007, 10:26:42 am »
Chapter 36 has arrived!   :D

http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/13615.html?view=401967

Marie

Hey- I have decided I am gonna wait till it's finished! I just don't get it...  :(

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2007, 03:07:13 pm »
Afternoon.

Well, just a "bump" to Beatricorme, on the next chapter. Jack's "arrested" and out in the open. Now what!! So many threads to weave into the finale. Realize that RL comes first, as with all of us, but it's been a month and I can hardly stand it!

Thanks. 

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2007, 10:14:36 pm »
Heya,

Any news about this one?  I was a late-comer to reading this one and just read all current 36 chapters over the last week or so.  Really good... can't wait to read the conclusion.
 :)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2007, 10:49:12 pm »
Yes, I really love this story, is anyone around with any news? How is our author doing? Big hugs{} to Beatriceorme and hope to see more from you. This is a great story, I hope real life settles down for you soon.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2007, 06:03:42 pm »
Hmmm.... I'm still really curious about this story.  It's been quite a while since an update.  Does anyone know any news about this story?

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2007, 08:59:27 pm »
I head that RL has been taking up all of her time, but she hasn't forgotten the story, or us, her loyal readers.  :)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2007, 12:17:04 pm »

OMG Beatrice has just left a message on Brokebackslash,,,,,,yippee,,and it looks like there is a chapter attached.....y   e  a  h................ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Beautiful mind

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2007, 12:28:34 pm »
Woo Hoo!   Here's the link:

http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/13892.html

It's not an actual chapter, but she's given us a sample of the different versions of Chapter 37 she's been struggling with.  In any case - great stuff, as always, and, most importantly, reassurance that the story will continue!   :D

A nice birthday present for you, Janice  ;)

Marie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2007, 02:08:21 pm »
Wow!  This is definitely interesting news!  I had almost given up on this story.  I'll have to re-read a lot of it before I read any further updates.  But, I remember that this one is really good.  So, I'm excited.

8)

mvansand76

« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2007, 03:19:01 pm »
Woo Hoo!   Here's the link:

http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/13892.html

It's not an actual chapter, but she's given us a sample of the different versions of Chapter 37 she's been struggling with.  In any case - great stuff, as always, and, most importantly, reassurance that the story will continue!   :D

A nice birthday present for you, Janice  ;)

Marie

And each of those versions is as brilliant as the other... I think she mentioned she wrote 16 different versions of the whole chapter, wow, if each and every one of those versions is this brilliant, I don't even want to know what chapter 37 will be like. Or maybe I do... :D

Didn't we just talk/email about TE a few days ago, Marie? We should do that more often, talk/email about stories that haven't been updated in a while.

I need to just print this whole story, lock myself into a room and don't come out until I completely understand the story! It might be the language barrier as I am a non-native... But the brilliance of the dialogue and her amazing Jack and Ennis shine through and it's just such a wonderful story...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #135 on: December 26, 2007, 12:24:31 pm »
For those who are still reading this story, here's an update

http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/14340.html#cutid1

Leslie

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2007, 02:51:19 pm »
I'm still reading.   :)  I waited until I had enough time to devote to a slow read of this chapter - it's definitely not a story you can read quickly!  But it's worth the effort.  There are times when each sentence is like a little gem of a puzzle. And the devotion that Counselor Jack and Constable Ennis have for each other is a Beautiful Thing.  It's always a relief when they are together, because even though their situation is so tenuous and they're in so much danger - you just know neither one of them will let anything bad happen to the other. 

Marie
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 12:24:02 am by mariez »

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2007, 08:07:04 pm »
I remember that this is a good story... I'm going to have to do a lot of re-reading to get back into this plot.  But, I remember it was getting really suspenseful.

The update is good news indeed.  :)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2007, 11:20:48 am »
Hi Amanda,

You may have already seen these, but B put together some TE Primers, thumbnail sketches of the chapters, that may be helpful in getting up to speed.

Chapters 1 - 12 :  http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/12300.html

Chapters 13 - 23: http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/12615.html

Chapters 24 - 34: http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/12856.html

Marie

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2008, 01:46:29 pm »
Look what's up - Chapter 38!  :)

http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/14772.html

I need to gather all my powers of concentration when reading this story, so it'll have to wait until tonight - I'm looking forward to a nice slow read!

Marie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2008, 02:37:11 pm »

Wow!  Amazing.  I think I'll have to re-read the whole story to remembe what's going on.  From what I recall, you're right that it's a pretty complex story.  And, I remember enjoying is way back when.  I'd sort of given up on it, but I'm very glad to see it updated.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2008, 10:51:02 pm »

So, I've embarked on the task of re-reading the whole story from the beginning... and I'm here to report that it's a lot of fun!  This really is a well-written, good story.  I'm up to chapter 7 at this point, and I won't read the new update until I've re-read the whole thing.  I recall that things get complex and I don't want to have forgotten a lot of the crucial details.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2009, 10:44:34 am »

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2009, 03:07:08 pm »
new chapters? that´s great. Thanks

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2009, 03:17:45 pm »
Wow.  This has to be the phoenix of BBM fanfics. 

Chapter 39, pt. 1:  http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/15422.html

Chapter 39, pt. 2:  http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/15203.html

Chapter 39, pt. 3:  http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/14994.html

:o  :o

Well, who would have thought it?

And I have to say even though it was a long time since I read the last chapter, I really got back into the story very easily. I still don't get all the references and all that, but I'm very pleased that she continued the story.

It's like turbo-writing.  :)

thanks for the heads up Marie.  :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2009, 06:51:14 pm »

Wow!!!  :o  I'm amazed by this news. 

LOL, I see that back in June I was posting about re-reading the story in order to remind myself about the plot.  And, it's now been so long again, that I think I'll need to do some re-reading again.

I'm very happy about this news though, I really like this story.  Thanks for bringing the updates to our attention. :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2009, 07:58:22 pm »
I was just checking out the situation with these updates and I notice that the update notice wasn't posted to Brokebackslash.  That's my normal place for checking on story updates in general.  I've noticed that it's a little quiet there lately... are people posting story updates somewhere else more routinely now?  Just curious...

** Edit** I'm back to say that the update is posted at Brokebackslash now, but it wasn't earlier in the day.  Strange.  Anyway, thanks again for the news about the update earlier.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 11:41:23 pm by atz75 »

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2009, 07:15:30 pm »
Wow.  This has to be the phoenix of BBM fanfics. 

Chapter 39, pt. 1:  http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/15422.html

Chapter 39, pt. 2:  http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/15203.html

Chapter 39, pt. 3:  http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/14994.html

I agree: it is amazing!  I have to make time to sit down and catch up.  I'm glad to see new chapters posted.  Thanks for the good news, MarieZ!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #148 on: May 06, 2009, 12:40:31 pm »
Wow again - it's baaaaaack!  Chapter 40, in three parts:

Part One:  http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/16763.html
Part Two: http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/16409.html
Part Three:  http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/16197.html#cutid1

B's author's note:   Here. Right here. In this chapter. This is where the HUGE plot hole occured. One of the pitfalls of posting such a long, complicated, convuluted, crazy story one chapter at a time. So, here's hoping I pluged it sufficiently. *crosses finger*

Only two more chapters to go!

Enjoy!

B

I haven't looked at them yet.  Again, I'll have to find time first to reacquaint myself with where we left off and what's going on, but I'm looking forward to it. 

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #149 on: May 06, 2009, 02:45:47 pm »
Wow again - it's baaaaaack!  Chapter 40, in three parts:

Part One:  http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/16763.html
Part Two: http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/16409.html
Part Three:  http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/16197.html#cutid1

B's author's note:   Here. Right here. In this chapter. This is where the HUGE plot hole occured. One of the pitfalls of posting such a long, complicated, convuluted, crazy story one chapter at a time. So, here's hoping I pluged it sufficiently. *crosses finger*

Only two more chapters to go!

Enjoy!

B

I haven't looked at them yet.  Again, I'll have to find time first to reacquaint myself with where we left off and what's going on, but I'm looking forward to it. 

Hi Marie!
Thanks for the info!  Yes, I'll have to re-read the story again in order to read the new updates.  I like the story, so the re-reading should be fun.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #150 on: May 06, 2009, 03:02:32 pm »

Yeehaw.... she is one of the very best writers in this entire fanfic.  I know she has a lot of personal issues
that she has to deal with.  It keeps her time limited.  She is great about updating when she has the time.
Glad to see she is back in stroke again.  Thanks for the update Marie.

Beautiful mind

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #151 on: August 22, 2009, 10:51:47 am »

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2009, 12:51:16 pm »
cool!

My reaction as well!  Thanks, Amanda  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2009, 03:11:12 pm »
My reaction as well!  Thanks, Amanda  :)

Good news!  I'm really enjoying this fic and am pleased to know that there is an update!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #155 on: November 08, 2009, 10:18:17 pm »
She did it!  Tainted Evidence is now completed!  The final Chapter 42 - in four parts:

Part One: http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/18322.html?#cutid1

Part Two:http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/18013.html

Part Three: http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/17700.html

Part Four:  http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/17459.html

I haven't had a chance to read it yet - but I'm looking forward to setting aside a good chunk of time to do so!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2009, 10:00:36 am »
She did it!  Tainted Evidence is now completed!  The final Chapter 42 - in four parts:

Part One: http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/18322.html?#cutid1

Part Two:http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/18013.html

Part Three: http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/17700.html

Part Four:  http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/17459.html

I haven't had a chance to read it yet - but I'm looking forward to setting aside a good chunk of time to do so!

LOL! I noticed that this weekend!  Now I'm once again back to having to re-read a bit.  It'll be nice to be able to read the whole thing now.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #157 on: November 17, 2009, 10:23:07 pm »
Holy Moly!  More surprises:

An Epilogue to Tainted Evidence and ........  what the author refers to as a "little tease."

http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/18613.html?#cutid1

SPOILER

At the end of the "little tease":

The House

The further adventures of PD Jack and Sgt. Ennis

Coming Soon(?)

Looks llike B isn't ready to say good-bye to her guys!  :D

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #158 on: November 17, 2009, 10:43:07 pm »
Thanks for the info!  I'm happy to hear that she's planning to keep on writing! :)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2009, 01:20:12 pm »
I must admitt that I´ve forgotten about this story, even though I´m pretty sure I´ve read it. Bad Monika.
Now that there are new chapters, I´ll definately go back and reread, though.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #160 on: November 21, 2009, 08:35:14 pm »

I was so glad to see this multi talented writer finish this wonderful piece.  Then to see she has a bit more

maybe in store for us.. ?   Well could it be any better?

Beautiful mind