Author Topic: NC-17 RATED FUN: LET'S GET REAL HERE--How Many of Us Have Been SWOONING Nonstop?  (Read 488420 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
(And once upon a time I guess I would have gotten into a fight with my buddy Leslie over the Sundance Kid. As much as I am against remaking classic movies, I also confess a secret fantasy of Heath and Jake as Butch and Sundance.)

I'm 100% with you on this.  As I've said before, I can just hear Jake saying, "I... I can't swim" and Heath saying, "Well, hell.  The fall'll kill ya!"  Funny thing in that movie, I loved Butch.   :-\
No more beans!

rtprod

Hi Barb,

One of the marks of a great character and performance is whether you can remember the name of the character later.

In Tigerland, I won't forget that it was Roland Bozz, the engimatic and reluctant leader of the recuits.  Farrell, so criminally underrated and yet so versatile and risk-taking across his career, was unforgettable.  

rt

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press

(And once upon a time I guess I would have gotten into a fight with my buddy Leslie over the Sundance Kid. As much as I am against remaking classic movies, I also confess a secret fantasy of Heath and Jake as Butch and Sundance.)

Jeff

And let's do it gay, shall we? I never cared for the whorehouse scenes in BC and Etta (Katharine Ross) just got in the way.

Your buddy Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
In Tigerland, I won't forget that it was Roland Bozz, the engimatic and reluctant leader of the recuits.  Farrell, so criminally underrated and yet so versatile and risk-taking across his career, was unforgettable.  

Ah...  Can't believe I forgot his name.  I really did love that character, and I love the whole idea of the reluctant leader, in general.  That's why I so love Atticus Finch, Marshall Will Kane (named my son after him, I loved him so much, in fact), Sherriff Sam Deeds (I'm sure you of all people can name that movie), and most recently Jack Shephard on "Lost."

In my defense, my husband and I watched Tigerland on DVD around when our son was about three months old, and I was only partially in my right mind by that point.  I think it was the first movie we watched after he was born, in fact.  If there is another, it's lost in the exhausted haze that was the first two months of his life.  Did I mention he was colicky?
No more beans!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
(In re: Heath and Jake as Butch and Sundance)

Leslie,

And let's do it gay, shall we?

You said it, honey, I didn't! LOL!

Jeff
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

dmmb_Mandy

*love this thread* Oh man, I've had a llllooootttt of fantasies about Jack. For him, I'd totally have it done "from behind", lol (too dirty?), and that shows true devotion!! Or I'd wear a strap on or WHATEVER he wanted. But my fantasies about Jack usually get interrupted by the thought that he probably wouldn't enjoy sex with me much, I'm a girl afterall. And I'm no Ennis. But like Deedee said, I'd love to be a part of that sandwich  ;D

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
but you make me want to in the hopes I'll be able to get over Jack!

Not me, nope, not even wanting to want to try.  Just fine here with the Jack swoonage (er, research, right, like Leslie said, for the writing....)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 03:38:25 pm by fernly »
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
You guys seriously should have been in my head last night! :angel: >:D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
but you make me want to in the hopes I'll be able to get over Jack!

Not me, nope, not even wanting to want to try.  Just fine here with the Jack swoonage (er, research, right, like Leslie said, for the writing....)

I hear that, actually.  And honestly, I don't think anyone but Jack himself could get me over Jack.  I'd be totally cool with sharing him (as if it were an equal sharing) with Ennis, by the way.  As long as he'd throw me up against a wall every now and then, I wouldn't care who pumped the tires as long as I got to ride.
No more beans!

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
Title of this thread should be:
"FOR FUN ONLY:  LET'S GET REAL HERE- Rated R, under 17 not admitted."
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.