Author Topic: Favorite Halloween candy  (Read 14291 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Favorite Halloween candy
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 09:47:27 am »
Candy is good for all occasions, but since I had 3 to choose from I went with Snickers, Hershey's chocolate bar and M&M's.  I like my Snickers cold, Hershey's with almonds though Stovers chewy chocolates are better. M&M's are good just the way they are.  Mmmmmmmm Chocolate!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 10:03:50 am »
I've voted for peppermint patties, Three Musketeers and "other" -- i.e., KitKat bars.

When I was a kid, I had a hierarchy for Halloween loot. Any kind of chocolate-type bar was at the top. Fresh fruit was at the bottom; not because I didn't like fresh fruit but because I could have that any time.

Absolutely! Chocolate always goes at the top of the list!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 10:04:47 am »

Charlie Brown:  "I got a rock."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 11:36:14 am »

Charlie Brown:  "I got a rock."

Did you have a little trouble with the scissors, Paul?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 12:40:50 pm »
 But, really I'd like to substitute the Reese's Pieces with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (my real favorite Halloween candy).

I think they are the favorite for a lot of people, Amanda.  Several years ago, my local paper did an informal survey asking kids what their favorite Halloween candy was and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups won by a wide margin.  The article was published a couple weeks before Halloween and a lot of people must've read it, b/c I clearly remember my son coming home with tons of Reese's that year!

I like chocolate in any form and I love Junior Mints (Peppermint Patties are also good).  Candy corn and Nerds don't excite me much, but I've always liked the sour apple and watermelon Jolly Ranchers.   :)
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2009, 02:34:57 pm »
"Nerds?"  ???

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2009, 03:39:41 pm »
Nerds were considered a very, very cool and hip candy when I was in grade school.  LOL, I remember people thinking that the double-sided box (with the two flavors) was really a neat feature.  I think they're OK.  In general I'm not too much of a "hard candy" type of person.  And Nerds are really mainly tiny hard candies. 

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2009, 07:02:37 pm »

Woohoo!!!!!! I'm eating Reese's Pieces right now!!  Very happy about this... and it's all because of this thread. :) 8)  :P

I also have some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups waiting for the weekend.  :D

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie