Author Topic: Cats + Jake = ?  (Read 15933 times)

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Cats + Jake = ?
« on: April 05, 2006, 04:02:43 pm »
I think you'll find the answer right here: http://stuffonmycat.com/index.php?itemid=951

Oh, Pooky, you're not alone, my furry friend.  I think Adriana has a bit of a crush, too.

Given all the feline obsessives on this board, I thought it was eminently appropriate.  Stuffonmycat.com is just fucking bizarre.  I'm rather embarassingly delighted by it.  Enjoy.

Henrypie and Delalluvia, this is especially for you.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:03:11 am by Chanterais »

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
Re: Cats+Jake=?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 04:06:33 pm »
Stuffonmycat is one of my all time favorite websites. I can lose 2 hours just going thru all the pictures. And now that Stuffonmycat is on Jake, it rocks even more!
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 04:06:56 pm »
Whoa.
Choking with speechless hot gorgeous happiness right now!

Gorgeous tabby.

I love tabbies.

tabbies tabbies tabbies.

Yeah, it's weird, I'm weird, but there are those who get it.
If that were a German Shepherd with Jake photos all arrayed upon him or her I'd be like "Ew." Or "Too bad the dog's gonna slobber and stink up all those pretty photos."

Have you seen: www.livenudecats.com?

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 04:07:26 pm »
Thanks - it was posted before, but anything with cats & Jake bears repeating.  I love that site too.

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 04:10:08 pm »
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 04:11:55 pm »
www.livenudecats.com = Best.  Site.  Ever.

I almost had to go and change my underwear, Henrypie.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Or trousers.

I know, I know, could there be a more perfect combination of things than kittys and Jacob Gyllenhaal?  I think not.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 04:13:20 pm »
Wow that site is weird but it is kind of cool! 8) I swear that that tabby cat is me reincarnated as a cat!

It is kind of worrying my cat came into my room while I was "Reading"(when she says reading she means stairing at the pictures) my Jake articles and my cat, Radar, (don't ask about the name I didn't choose it) came and curled up around the picture of Jake! I thought it was a one shot thing but today while I was "Doing my homework" (AKA staring at the pictures of Jake on iheartjake) Radar came right up and sat on my desk and just started staring at Jake (which is what I was doing) I then went to get a camera but the battery had gone. I then started to get annoyed cause Radar sat like that for 10 minutes and I wanted to stare at Jake!
I do believe my cat is starting to develop a serious man-crush on Jake.....oh yeah and Radar is a ginger boy cat! I am starting to think it is Brokeback all over again:
It was a tale of love between a man and a male cat..... :D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 04:15:01 pm by Becky »
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 04:20:45 pm »
as a devoted cat owner (4 at present) I can concur with you Chanterais - love them kitties!...............................
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 04:23:37 pm »
Someone posted that a week or so ago, I love it. Look at the cat though he loves it too that's the best part :D

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 04:27:09 pm »
Someone posted that a week or so ago, I love it. Look at the cat though he loves it too that's the best part :D

I'm so behind the times.  Apologies for repeating.  Actually, no I'm not.  One can never see this picture too often.

And yes, Pooky knows he's on to a good thing.  Cats are suckers for dreamy, dreamy eyes too.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 10:10:12 pm by Chanterais »

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 04:31:41 pm »
Yes, you can tell that's a seasoned, good-natured cat.  Ah, a classic.  Henry's an orange tabby, but my first love was Tobias, a brown-grey tabby, dumb as a post and sweet as can be.  The way in which Tobias is like Jack:  I didn't quite know how much I loved him until he died.  A friend recently asked me if I love Henry as much as I loved Tobias.  I came to the above realization when I tried to answer.  My love for Henry is deep, but ever so slightly less reckless: I know he'll die someday; I know he'll hurt me real bad.  It never occurred to me that Tobias would ever die.

Sniff.  Sniff.

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 04:36:14 pm »
I have an 8 year old black cat. His name is Pumpkin. He loves on me, comes running to the door when I walk in, tries to sit on a paper or book I'm reading so that he'll get all my attention, he back-talks when I tell him to do something. If he jumps on the counter, I'll say "Pumpkin, get down!" to which he will chirp loudly like a bird and run off.
He acts like a big baby but if anyone else comes around, he's spittin' mean. Hisses, scratches. He freaks out! I think he might be part feral (is that how you spell it?) Needless to say, I could never put anything on my cat. I tried reindeer horns one year and I almost lost a finger.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 04:47:25 pm »
Yes, you can tell that's a seasoned, good-natured cat.  Ah, a classic.  Henry's an orange tabby, but my first love was Tobias, a brown-grey tabby, dumb as a post and sweet as can be.  The way in which Tobias is like Jack:  I didn't quite know how much I loved him until he died.  A friend recently asked me if I love Henry as much as I loved Tobias.  I came to the above realization when I tried to answer.  My love for Henry is deep, but ever so slightly less reckless: I know he'll die someday; I know he'll hurt me real bad.  It never occurred to me that Tobias would ever die.

Sniff.  Sniff.

I know.  I know.

My tiny black cat Nosey (Don't look at me like that, she was second-hand, and came with that name.  And you can't change a cat's name.  It's like boats - bad luck.) died just about a month ago now.  She was 21, which is ancient for a cat.  When she turned 14 or 15, I started preparing myself for the fact that she'd have to kick the bucket one day.  But she didn't.  The Nose just kept on going and going and going.  She was the cat who would not die.  And I sort of got used to the idea that she'd keep going forever.

Then one day, she just couldn't get up, and we rushed her to the vet.  And the vet said that it was time to let her go.  So we held her while she went, and it was very peaceful, and very quick.

It's kind of silly to be so upset by it.  I loved her so much, but I didn't realize how deeply and richly and entirely I'd loved her until she was gone.  But that's life I guess.  Or death.  it's all one.

Anyway, we buried her in her favourite lookout/nap spot under the lilac tree, and planted masses and masses of snowdrops on top, so that this time next year, they'll burst forth and remind us of the old lady.  Good memories.

I'm sorry for posting sad kitty thoughts.  Thank you for listening.

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 05:10:12 pm »
I appreciate all kitty thoughts.  Anyone on this thread by now knows what he/she got into.  Tobias died at 12 of kitty stomach cancer.  Poor little thing.

I have his ashes.  Kinda weird.  I was out of the country when he died and my mom handled the whole thing and had him cremated and bought a little cedar box to put the ashes in to give me.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 06:53:05 pm »
My kitty (Nina, with the second 'n' being the Spanish n-yay, as in 'Little Girl, 'cause she is) is an adorable little black kitty.  I mostly call her gorgeous for very obvious reasons.  She is 15, but incredibly healthy, and she promised me she won't die.  My other kitty, MochaBear (mostly just Mocha) had kidney failure, but I was with him 'till the very last moment and beyond. 

Anyway, Nina loves to sit on my laptop computer (y'know - she's a lap cat), but she knows I don't like it 'cause she gets black hair everywhere.  So - she climbs onto my lap and slowly slowly slinks her way to the desk-top and then onto the computer, as if she's somehow invisible.  She seems shocked that I can see her slinking her way to the promised laptop land, becasue I think she perceives herself to be wrapped in an invisible kitty cloak.

I have taken to putting my comp into 'hibernate' mode when I leave so she doesn't accidently post here or send e-mails when she stands with the full weight of her paws on the keyboard.  I will also say if I have posted anything I shouldn't have here, it was really my kitty, and not me!

I love kitties and kitty lovers. 

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 07:10:34 pm »

Given all the feline obsessives on this board, I thought it was eminently appropriate.  Stuffonmycat.com is just fucking bizarre.  I'm rather embarassingly delighted by it.  Enjoy.

Henrypie and Delalluvia, this is especially for you.

WE ARE NOT AMUSED.
 ;)

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 08:13:01 pm »
she promised me she won't die. 

Oh, Yad, you are wonderful.  But my kitty promised me she'd take care of her dingleberries, and we all know how that turned out...  Cat's aren't to be trusted.  Especially where dingleberries are concerned. 

Delalluvia, that picture is priceless.  I love, love, love it.  Are the K-kitties a widdle bit jealous of Pooky?  Don't worry guys, Jake's got plenty of lovin' to share around. No need to fight.

Mmmmm......warrrrrm compuuuuuuuter.........

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 09:58:30 pm »
Help!  Now I can't get away from the stuffonmycat website.  At my funeral, I want Sheyne's Malaysian BBM thread and stuffonmycat.  And tissues for all the weeping and pissing everyone will be doing.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 09:59:25 pm »
And it's reaaalllllllly hard not to wield the sticky wand with this one.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 10:05:55 pm »
LOL! I'm trying to stay away from that site right now, it seems like something I would spend half the night at....

I have more important things to do with my time. Like catch up on all that I've missed here. Those 'new' symbols will be the death of me....I have to get rid of them all!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 10:09:34 pm »

Oh, Yad, you are wonderful.  But my kitty promised me she'd take care of her dingleberries, and we all know how that turned out...  Cat's aren't to be trusted.  Especially where dingleberries are concerned. 

Oh Chanterais -

I have no proper response, but I am laughing and my cat is offended! 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 10:40:08 pm by yaadpyar »

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 10:14:24 pm »
LOL :D

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 10:24:35 pm »

Oh Court -

I have no proper response, but I am laughing and my cat is offended! 

Waaaaait just one minute....  Are you talking to Court or to Chant?  (By the way, there's just something that makes me laugh about the diminutive 'Chant'.  In my family, 'chunt' is a euphemism for... well, flipping your cookies.  Embracing the porcelain.  Tossing your lunch.  You get the idea.  My brain works like this: I am Chant, therefore I barf.)

Please excuse vomit tangent.  That was entirely inappropriate, and I am very very sorry.

And it's reaaalllllllly hard not to wield the sticky wand with this one.

Oh, Elle.  *Adriana laughs hopelessly, and shakes head fondly*  Now, don't be naughty with the sticky wand.  Indiana David will have to put you over his knee and spank you soundly.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2006, 10:44:13 pm »
OMG Chanterais -

I have been guilty of what I hate when other folks do...misappropriating a quote.  It has been duly noted and changed, and please accept the apology.  I have BBM playing as I type...Chanterais - you need a push or sumpin?

G*d - watching this here at home is brining it all back, but at a totally new level.  Ahhh - back to kitties.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 10:48:58 pm »
Yaad, I think you're excused if you have the ENORMOUS distraction of BBM playing.

And.....cats.

My cat back home (who I miss) is named Max and he's huge. Not at all fat, just BIG. When you pick him up behind the front legs he just keeps stretching out. He has wonderfully soft ticked fur with large bulls-eye markings on both sides. He's lovely. Wish I had a digital pic of him to show you guys!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2006, 11:20:40 pm »

Yaad, I think you're excused if you have the ENORMOUS distraction of BBM playing.

Thanks for accepting the excuse.

My cat back home (who I miss) is named Max and he's huge. Not at all fat, just BIG.

Growing up I had a kitty name Ziggy - a HUGE 20lb gray striped tabby - so pretty you'd stop and look at him just for the sheer beauty.  And not fat - but huge paws, big gorgeous face, long fluffy tail, and a meow about as loud and strong as a 2-day old kitten.  It was the funniest combination.  To all the kitties I've loved before...

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2006, 11:29:52 pm »
Yeah, Max has always had huge paws, even when he could fit in the palm of your hand. That's how we knew he would grow up to be big. It's really funny though, he thinks he's a kitten. He tries to sit in laps, but he's pretty much too big. It's sweet/sad. My parents found him on the side of the road when he was like a couple weeks old, no mother cat in sight. We think it's the trauma of being separated too soon that makes him act all kittenish all the time.

LOL, to a non-cat person that probably sounded crazy. It's true though....

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2006, 11:33:36 pm »

And.....cats.

My cat back home (who I miss) is named Max and he's huge. Not at all fat, just BIG. When you pick him up behind the front legs he just keeps stretching out. He has wonderfully soft ticked fur with large bulls-eye markings on both sides. He's lovely. Wish I had a digital pic of him to show you guys!

I wish you had a picture to show, too.  He sounds beautiful.  I don't think I've ever seen a cat with bulls-eye markings.  That sounds nifty.  He needs to be careful around dartboards.

And by the way, I'm loving all these hurried assertions by people saying, "my cat's not fat, he's just big boned, I swear."  Sure, sure.  A twenty pound cat is a fat. cat.  Having said that, I adore the little fatties.  So much more furry goodness to love.

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2006, 11:36:43 pm »
Henry and Simon in action
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 11:39:25 pm by henrypie »

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2006, 11:37:48 pm »
Actually when you look at him he's really rather thin. He just does this crazy stretching thing. He can put his paws up on doorknobs and the kitchen counter. And when he stands, he's like tall or something. Long legs maybe? I don't know, it's weird.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2006, 11:40:48 pm »

And by the way, I'm loving all these hurried assertions by people saying, "my cat's not fat, he's just big boned, I swear."  Sure, sure.  A twenty pound cat is a fat. cat. 

Oh - it's on now!  It's totally on!

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2006, 11:56:14 pm »

And by the way, I'm loving all these hurried assertions by people saying, "my cat's not fat, he's just big boned, I swear."  Sure, sure.  A twenty pound cat is a fat. cat. 

Whatever, lady.  You know I'm right.  The truth hurts, doesn't it?

---------------------------------

Simon:  I can't get up.  Soooo comfortable.....

Henry:  Me neither.  Want to spoon for a little longer?

Simon:  Oh, go on then.  It's too late to go out to the kibble.  I'll get up at first light.

Henry:  Truth is, Simon, sometimes when you go hang out in the hamper, I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it.

Simon:  Hey, watch the paws, buddy.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2006, 01:10:05 am »

Whatever, lady.  You know I'm right.  The truth hurts, doesn't it?

---------------------------------

Simon:  I can't get up.  Soooo comfortable.....

Henry:  Me neither.  Want to spoon for a little longer?

Simon:  Oh, go on then.  It's too late to go out to the kibble.  I'll get up at first light.

Henry:  Truth is, Simon, sometimes when you go hang out in the hamper, I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it.

Simon:  Hey, watch the paws, buddy.

Aaaaaahhh!  They're so adorable!  I wanna hear em purrrrrrr!

In response to a request on another thread, I'm posting a pic of my youngns, Monty and Baldwin.   Aaaah I'm a proud papa....
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Cats + Jake = ?
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2006, 01:11:42 am »
AAAAAHHHHH!
I love them.

Can you tell that if I were in their presence, they might be nervously looking around for the nearest escape route?  But I suspect they're easygoing and at least one of them would let me find out if he likes to be held.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2006, 01:16:45 am »
They looove attention (must run in the family).  Baldwin will let himself be picked up but they both love to be petted.  They'd be all over you!

Speaking of big boned kitties, there's this site I came across that's cute, funny and kinda sad at the same time.  If you find it to be 'anti-cat' maybe it's best not to click on it...http://www.myfatkat.com/.

Juan

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2006, 01:32:00 am »
A little more shameless my-cats promotion:

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2006, 01:38:18 am »
Aww, everyone's cats seem so wonderful! I think I'll be going home for Easter, maybe I can take a picture of my cat (and then pretend I know how to get it out of the digital camera and into this thread).

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2006, 01:45:23 am »
A little more shameless my-cats promotion:

I love em!  Are they very mellow or would they be all over my cats?  So friggin cute, how old are they?

Juan

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2006, 01:58:34 am »
Henry (orange) is five; Simon (black) is nearing 13.  Simon was inherited from a friend who died.  I loved him so much before she died that it was her wish that I should have him.  If Simon were a person, he'd be an asshole.  He's selfish, arrogant, stubborn, insecure, greedy and bad-mannered and absolutely the dumbest cat I've ever known.  However: he is beautiful, and when he's happy (i.e. belly full), he is a contentment machine.  He is a wonderful bedmate -- hot solid purring action all night.  An interesting feature of Simon: he stomps.  He walks down the hall overhead, and I can't tell if it's my 190-pound husband or my 20-pound cat.  Sounds pretty much the same.  And when he goes downstairs it's like a tumbling bag of rocks.

Henry is mild-mannered, clearly the dominant cat in food and litterbox habits, but really laid back about it and in no need to flaunt his authority.  He is of average intelligence.  He'll do teddy-bear-on-my-lap shenanigans for maybe two or three minutes, and then he's had enough.  He is a high-quality dear cat.  I adopted him without having met him -- a neighbor of a friend took him in and had him neutered; I picked him up at the vet and he was mine.  I only knew he was an orange tabby and his name was Henry.  Tell me, did you ever meet an orange tabby who didn't have a friendly disposition?  Maybe that's racist, but it has been my experience.

It's kind of a miracle that the two get along so well.  Simon has terrorized two previous cat-roommates, both very submissive, the kind who ask to be beaten up.  Simon, because he's a pussy-bully, obliged.  Henry never beat up his weaker siblings.  Confident, gentle, a class-act, a mensch.  Simon wouldn't dare mess with him.  Except to poke him with his tail when they're spooning or yin-yanging.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 02:05:39 am by henrypie »

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2006, 02:13:55 am »
You have a cat bedmate and a husband...luckyyyyy!  Your cats spoon too?   I was blown away the first time I saw mine actually cuddling together.  I wanted to be a cat myself.

Juan

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2006, 05:20:00 am »
Thanks - it was posted before, but anything with cats & Jake bears repeating.  I love that site too.

How the hell do I get my hands on that big close up black and white picture of JG at the front of the photo!!!!! I want to draw it..  If anybody has it or knows of a net link, it would be MUCH appreciated!! Thanks!!
Chut up!

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2006, 05:33:12 pm »
I'm bumping this mainly for deedee.  Deedee!
Are those your babies in your avatar?

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2006, 08:42:50 pm »
Here's a pic of my little kitty.  Ok - I know this looks just like a black panther, but she really does look a lot like this - black with white whiskers and green eyes, just like 120 lbs less.  Really! 

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2006, 11:41:35 pm »
LOL, am I going to be greeted by that lovely black cat if I can ever come watch Office Space with you Celeste?

By the way, LOVE your avatar!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2006, 11:55:06 pm »
LOL, am I going to be greeted by that lovely black cat if I can ever come watch Office Space with you Celeste?

By the way, LOVE your avatar!

Why thanks.  I've got the actual stapler on my desk at work, where my job resembles the movie more and more and more.

Don't worry - my kitty's pretty shy, so she'll probably run and hide when you get here!   :angel:

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2006, 05:36:22 am »
Here's a pic of my little kitty.  Ok - I know this looks just like a black panther, but she really does look a lot like this - black with white whiskers and green eyes, just like 120 lbs less.  Really! 

Uh huh.  120 lbs less?  Don't try and fool me, Yad.  I know your kitty's a heifer.  But a very beautiful heifer.  I love the look of black cat - white whiskers.  It's so distinguished. 

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2006, 07:01:11 am »
I have two baby cats myself. Who seemed to take an instant liking to my date last night, so thats gotta be a good thing right!? I need to work out how in the hell to minimise the size of pictuires so I can post them...

aha! Now I have

« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 07:30:05 am by kelda_shelton »
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2006, 10:16:34 am »
I am beginning to see a patern here! Almost everyone here has cats or loves them. Maybe it is something about Jake that attracts people with cats to him. Just call me Sherlock!

I have two. A back and white one that is called Peggy and she is 8. And a ginger that is called Radar and he is 10. They absolutely hate each other, that is why I don't have a picture of them together. Radar is a real bullyboy. He always picks on my pegs! I will find out how to get the pictures of them on here!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2006, 11:05:49 am »
I have two baby cats myself. Who seemed to take an instant liking to my date last night, so thats gotta be a good thing right!?

:(  Sorry Becky, read the earlier posts.  Cats lie.  They have no shame.  It's all about them.  They'll suck up to anyone they hanker after, whether he/she's good for you or not. :-\

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2006, 06:17:13 pm »

Uh huh.  120 lbs less?  Don't try and fool me, Yad.  I know your kitty's a heifer.  But a very beautiful heifer.  I love the look of black cat - white whiskers.  It's so distinguished. 

Chanterais - don't even try to redeem your remark about her weight with a compliment.  Don't evey try!  I talked with my mom, and she assures me our huge kitty was just huge, and not fat, and my little kitty now weighs about 7 lbs.  I don't want this to get uglier...it's already so on! 

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2006, 12:49:18 am »
Adriana laughs and then feels guilty for insulting Yad's beautiful cat(s).

I take it back.  I think your beasts are beautiful and svelte.  Especially the one that looks like a panther, because I think she would pounce on me if I even looked at her funny.  I really don't like my chances of survival.  Laceration scars are so hard to hide with makeup.

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2006, 12:56:05 am »
I like big cats and I cannot lie.

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2006, 04:59:26 am »
I like big cats and I cannot lie.

I don't often truly laugh out loud on the internet, but I've just woken up my significant other by laughing so explosively at this. 

Oh Henrypie.  Words fail me.

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2006, 11:08:43 am »
It all comes down to Jake's "goldfish" eyes... it's what draws the pretty kitties in.

My kitty has also developed a thing for Jakie. She keeps sitting on pics of him if I leave them on my bed. What can I say, she has taste...
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!