Brokeback Mountain: Our Community's Common Bond > Brokeback Mountain Open Forum

Not to make anybody feel ancient, but ...

(1/2) > >>

serious crayons:
... I was looking at the birthdays and noticed that what I at first thought was Jake Gyllenhaal was turning 35. That was kind of shocking. Then I realized, no, that was JakeGyllenhaalic.

The real Jake Gyllenhaal is 38. Older (right?) than Jack Twist lives to in Brokeback Mountain. If the movie were made today, he and Heath could play their older roles without synthetic sideburns.  But Ang would to have used CGI technology like in that new Scorsese movie to make them look younger in the early scenes.

Front-Ranger:
 :o Thanks for pointing this out, friend!

Jeff Wrangler:

--- Quote from: serious crayons on September 29, 2019, 11:09:51 pm ---... I was looking at the birthdays and noticed that what I at first thought was Jake Gyllenhaal was turning 35. That was kind of shocking. Then I realized, no, that was JakeGyllenhaalic.

The real Jake Gyllenhaal is 38. Older (right?) than Jack Twist lives to in Brokeback Mountain. If the movie were made today, he and Heath could play their older roles without synthetic sideburns.  But Ang would to have used CGI technology like in that new Scorsese movie to make them look younger in the early scenes.

--- End quote ---

If you go "by the book," he's got another year. Jack was 39.

serious crayons:

--- Quote from: Jeff Wrangler on October 01, 2019, 05:51:04 pm ---If you go "by the book," he's got another year. Jack was 39.

--- End quote ---

It's confusing. I thought the same, but I double checked my memory on google, and it differed. It said the movie covered 20 years, so Ennis was 39, but that the last scene took place some time after Jack's death.

But if you mean by the book as in the actual words of the short story, then of course that would be the correct answer.

Jeff Wrangler:

--- Quote from: serious crayons on October 02, 2019, 08:57:16 am ---But if you mean by the book as in the actual words of the short story, then of course that would be the correct answer.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's why I used the quotes. Sorry if that was obscure. Either way, it's ... disheartening.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version