Author Topic: Dave Cullen in the New York Times 4/7/20: Which apt did he choose?  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dave Cullen in the New York Times 4/7/20: Which apt did he choose?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 03:44:26 pm »
Fun article! I liked the interactivity. Even though I follow Dave on Facebook, I still guessed the wrong apartment!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Dave Cullen in the New York Times 4/7/20: Which apt did he choose?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 09:12:47 am »
Fun article! I liked the interactivity. Even though I follow Dave on Facebook, I still guessed the wrong apartment!

Dave and I share tastes. I would have picked the one he did, and guessed that was the one he'd pick. Like Dave, having a bit of outdoor space, a sunny interior and a separated office space are my highest priorities. (Like him, I also disliked the skyscrapers blocking the light when I lived in Manhattan long ago. I've never seen anyone else state an objection to that, but it was a big deal for me.)

Of course, I'd have to write a best-seller to afford that apartment. Even in Minneapolis, it would probably cost somewhere around $2,000/month or more, depending on the location (median rents here are really expensive compared to median income).

I've wondered why he moved to NYC in the first place. So he could more easily go on TV? Because he figured that's just what one does as a famous writer? Because it has a more lively gay community? I loved living in NYC for a year, but in the long run I'd prefer Denver.