Author Topic: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything  (Read 151948 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything
« Reply #640 on: July 30, 2021, 12:36:52 pm »
Thanks.

You see how my memory is becoming.  ???

Well, I wouldn't blame you if you skipped that post entirely! I don't know what gets into me to write so long. That's about twice the length of my typical newspaper stories.

Thanks for digging it up, Paul!

So yeah, I sold the house quickly, then moved into an apartment in May.

And at least now I know where to go if I want some meth!  :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #641 on: July 30, 2021, 10:17:15 pm »

:laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #642 on: July 31, 2021, 12:05:41 pm »

:laugh:  :laugh:   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #643 on: August 10, 2021, 08:35:04 am »
I learned this morning that the building where I (allegedly) work will now remain closed until at least January 3, 2022.

I was not surprised. I was more or less expecting this.

Hello, Miss Delta Variant.

(If this wasn't so tragic and serious, that would make a good drag name.)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #644 on: August 11, 2021, 01:57:15 pm »
Don't be surprised if you hear a queen take that name on.

At my job they wanted more people to start coming to the office, but with the Delta variant, they are scaling that back.

If you do go into the office, you can be maskless at your desk only.  Once you get up to go anywhere, the mast must go on.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #645 on: August 25, 2021, 02:16:36 pm »
Meanheile in Germany, we've never gotten rid of the mask mandate. Any public location you go indoors: mask up. Be it groceries stores, office building, town hall, restaurant, any kind of store, you name it.

Additionally, we have the 3G rule:
Geimpft (fully vaxxed)
Genesen (had Covid in the past, is now healed)
Getestet (proof of being tested within the last 24 to 48 hours, depending)

For any fun events and close contact services (hairdresser, etc) you need proof of one of the above Gs.

If you do go into the office, you can be maskless at your desk only.  Once you get up to go anywhere, the mast must go on.

My husband's company turned back full throttle from everybody working at home to all employees working in the office as soon as the laws allowed it. I had hoped they'd find a half and half regulation, or anything like Chuckie's company, to have space for distancing - but no. >:( They also have to qear masks everywhere except at their own desks.

I'll go back to work tomorrow after almost 5 weeks. I'll see what fun new things my employer will have thought of.... ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #646 on: August 25, 2021, 06:52:54 pm »

I'll go back to work tomorrow after almost 5 weeks. I'll see what fun new things my employer will have thought of.... ;D

I hope your employer and the parents are more reasonable than they were before!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #647 on: August 26, 2021, 02:04:19 pm »
I hope your employer and the parents are more reasonable than they were before!

Sadly not. No new regulations by my employer, and the parents..... You wouldn't believe it. Today, on my very first day, we had a mother who, when she picked up her child from the nursery, told us the child is a direct contact person to someone who has Covid. The public health department of our town called her and instructed her to have her child tested tomorrow. They have to do the testing at the public health office and it's the more accurate PCR test, not the rapid test. Additionally the child is banned from visiting any children facility at least until Wednesday next week, no matter the test result. So everything is very official and serious.

Now my question: why did she bring the child to our nursery in the first place? The mother already knew of the COVID contact; at least since yesterday. And when the health department called her today, why did she leave the child in the nursery all day and picked it up only at closing time? Arrrgh! >:( I'm so angry!

Thankfully we're all fully vaccinated at work. At least that is good.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #648 on: August 26, 2021, 02:46:03 pm »

Sadly not. No new regulations by my employer, and the parents..... You wouldn't believe it. Today, on my very first day, we had a mother who, when she picked up her child from the nursery, told us the child is a direct contact person to someone who has Covid. The public health department of our town called her and instructed her to have her child tested tomorrow. They have to do the testing at the public health office and it's the more accurate PCR test, not the rapid test. Additionally the child is banned from visiting any children facility at least until Wednesday next week, no matter the test result. So everything is very official and serious.

Now my question: why did she bring the child to our nursery in the first place? The mother already knew of the COVID contact; at least since yesterday. And when the health department called her today, why did she leave the child in the nursery all day and picked it up only at closing time? Arrrgh! >:( I'm so angry!

Thankfully we're all fully vaccinated at work. At least that is good.

She's an idiot. Or selfish. Or a selfish idiot. Or a narcissist.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #649 on: August 26, 2021, 02:49:20 pm »
What an incredibly careless mother!  >:(

Borderline criminal behaviour, I think.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre