Author Topic: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything  (Read 151861 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything
« Reply #660 on: September 21, 2021, 10:08:07 pm »
Are people required to come back to work in the office? I can see occasional staff meetings as a requirement, but if you've proven that you can work well at home, why should you be forced back into the office?

We don't have to wear masks at our desks, but if we get up and move about the office, or go out of the office to use the restrooms, we're asked to wear the masks.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #661 on: September 21, 2021, 10:09:55 pm »
We're going to be offering all-work-at-home, all-work-in-the-office, or some combination, the "hybrid" form.

For some years before Covid we already had a program where you could work at home two days a week, and you had to be in the office the other three, so the "hybrid" won't be much different than that.

we were originally told we'd be going to hybrid over the summer,  but after Delta began to surge, that fell by the wayside.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #662 on: September 22, 2021, 09:00:39 am »
we were originally told we'd be going to hybrid over the summer,  but after Delta began to surge, that fell by the wayside.

The word's out now, and I was expecting it: Anyone who is now participating in what is called a Pilot Program, where people can work in the office occasionally, will have to sign a form attesting that they've been fully vaccinated.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #663 on: November 05, 2021, 11:01:54 am »
I received my Moderna booster shot yesterday.. By the evening I had no reactions except a sore arm. During the night I experienced tingling, a low fever, and chills all at the same time, never a good combination. Today, I'm better but rather sluggish. Fortunately I don't have a lot of stuff I have to do. Taking out the trash and lifting my coffee cup is about the extent of my effort.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #664 on: November 05, 2021, 12:08:34 pm »
I talked to a guy yesterday who got vaccinated early on, then came down with COVID the next day. Self-quarantined in his home for a while but got worse and wound up in ICU for seven days. He's fine now, though.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #665 on: November 07, 2021, 08:24:37 pm »
I received my Moderna booster shot yesterday.. By the evening I had no reactions except a sore arm. During the night I experienced tingling, a low fever, and chills all at the same time, never a good combination. Today, I'm better but rather sluggish. Fortunately I don't have a lot of stuff I have to do. Taking out the trash and lifting my coffee cup is about the extent of my effort.

I've heard about a lot of people having reactions to the booster.   I'll still be getting one, as will my parents.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #666 on: November 10, 2021, 04:44:21 pm »
A sign I drive past says, "No-cost child care--openings available." That's never happened before in this area.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #667 on: November 12, 2021, 03:59:13 pm »
So who would pay for it? The state?

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #668 on: November 13, 2021, 11:56:07 am »
State or federal funds, I assume. The conundrum is that parents have realized during the pandemic that low-paying jobs are not worth handing their children over to be raised by low-paid workers. Other countries have figured this out, but the U.S. is stuck in this bad cycle, and its the children who suffer, as well as the child care workers and the parents. It's the parents, especially the mothers, who can break this cycle now.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #669 on: November 13, 2021, 04:02:05 pm »
I do hope progress can be made. Good and affordable child care is essential for women's possibilities to work, get an income and be independent of any man or patriarchal system.

Here child care is subsidized by the county. The sum paid by the parents is correlated to their income, the less you earn the less you pay.

Child care has to meet high, national standards when it comes to pedagogy, contents, values, in- and outdoor environment etc.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre