Brokeback Mountain: Our Community's Common Bond > The Lighter Side

Can you guess the . . .crowd?

(1/15) > >>

Front-Ranger:
A new game! And I put it in the right place, for once!

Are you like me, getting all nostalgic when you see pictures of crowds? People enjoying rubbing shoulders with each other, laughing and singing, not stand-offy or suspicious. Well, here we can post pictures of crowds and see if others can guess the location and/or event. I'll start. This was an event a few years ago, and if you look closely, you can guess what was happening!

serious crayons:
Is it Larry McMurtry in his bookstore in Archer City, Texas, in August of 2012 at an event called The Last Book Sale (the name a reference to The Last Picture Show, which was filmed on that site) where he sold about 28,000 books from his personal collection?

Just a wild guess.

Front-Ranger:
Yes, you are correct! See how easy that was? Now it's your turn!

serious crayons:

OK, how about this, as a reminder that rubbing shoulders in crowds has its downsides.

Front-Ranger:
Well, it appears to be something that happened in San Jose, so I'll guess the riot by antiwar protestors outside a Nixon campaign rally in 1970. Nixon himself fanned the flames, according to H. R. Haldeman's autobiography: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/10/28/nixon-protest-law-and-order-221920

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version