The World Beyond BetterMost > The Culture Tent

What are you watching these days?

<< < (2/16) > >>

Jeff Wrangler:

--- Quote from: southendmd on November 05, 2020, 05:48:48 pm ---I second that.

--- End quote ---

I'm glad you agree.

I wouldn't go anywhere near that soap opera The Tudors, but if I had known he was in it, I might have reconsidered.

Jeff Wrangler:
No doubt a publicity still from The Tudors, but Henry Cavill is wearing my boots.

Well, kinda sorta maybe.

Back in my SCAdian days, I had a pair of boots that looked exactly like what he's wearing. I got my boots from a place called Museum Replicas, which has, indeed, supplied weapons and other gear to movies and TV shows, so it's possible he's wearing the same style I once had. The sword looks like something from Museum Replicas, too. For that matter, so does the shirt. MR once sold a shirt with a narrow stand-up collar decorated with English blackwork.

The first thing I saw Henry Cavill in was an episode of The Inspector Lynley Mysteries (2002), which ran on PBS. HC played the Head Boy in a British "public school." He was 19 years old, and as soon as I saw him I thought, "He's going to be a star."

Front-Ranger:

--- Quote from: Front-Ranger on November 05, 2020, 11:18:32 am ---...the first episode of Queen's Gambit.

--- End quote ---

I heard somewhere that Heath had taken an option on the book and wanted to produce this. I can see why he'd be interested.

It does get tedious sometimes, watching people sitting in chairs, concentrating, occasionally moving small chess pieces small distances. No more tedious than watching people tending sheep on a mountain, though.

Front-Ranger:

--- Quote from: Jeff Wrangler on November 06, 2020, 12:52:46 am ---No doubt a publicity still from The Tudors, but Henry Cavill is wearing my boots.

--- End quote ---

Is he also wearing leather pants? Yum!

Jeff Wrangler:

--- Quote from: Front-Ranger on November 08, 2020, 12:30:09 pm ---Is he also wearing leather pants? Yum!

--- End quote ---

I believe they are leather pants.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version