Our BetterMost Community > The Holiday Forum

Valentine's Day

(1/6) > >>

CellarDweller:

So, do you do anything to celebrate Valentine's Day?

If so, what do you do?  Share it here!

CellarDweller:

In the past, I've put together little Valentines for people in the office, and would leave it on their desk along with a small bag of candy that I put together.

I would usually buy some bags of Dove chocolate hearts,  Valentine's Hershey Kisses, gummy hearts and things like that, and then put an assortment in a small Ziploc bag, and leave them with a valentine.

Last year, I left Super Friends valentines that I found online.

CellarDweller:

Today I decorated the windows of my apartment for Valentine's Day.

These are the windows during the day.

Here they are at night.

Penthesilea:
I love your decorating for all the different holidays! And damn, I'd love to be your coworker for the food/cookies/candy alone! :laugh:

We don't do anything for Valentine's. It's yet another holiday stores try to make money from, like Halloween, but which are not home over here. Maybe it'll take on over the years with the younger generation.

We do have Fasching (carnival) in February, which is a big thing and takes place the week before Lent starts.

But I did start buying Easter decoration already! :laugh:

Jeff Wrangler:

--- Quote from: Penthesilea on January 29, 2021, 02:04:36 pm ---We don't do anything for Valentine's. It's yet another holiday stores try to make money from, like Halloween, but which are not home over here.
--- End quote ---

That's my view of Halloween and Valentine's Day over here. When I was a kid, Halloween wasn't a big deal for most adults. Just an excuse to sell stuff.

--- Quote ---We do have Fasching (carnival) in February, which is a big thing and takes place the week before Lent starts.
--- End quote ---

In hardly more than two weeks it will be Fastnacht Day!  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version