Brokeback Mountain: Our Community's Common Bond > The Lighter Side

Malapropisms, mondegreens, eggcorns, spoonerisms and others!

<< < (6/6)

Jeff Wrangler:

--- Quote from: Front-Ranger on November 09, 2023, 12:26:02 pm ---Offline Chuck gave me several volumes of the "Ladies Suppository" (repository) a monthly periodical on Literature and Religion published in the mid-1800s. They sadly had all their illustrations removed, matted, framed and sold by  his  former employer, a print shop. He renamed the books when he presented them to me and they have retained that name ever since.
--- End quote ---

I suppose issues of Harper's Weekly from the Civil War aren't all that rare, but still the history major in me wanted to scream very loudly when I saw him desecrating a set of bound volumes of the periodical by removing all the illustrations. 

--- Quote ---"Knockin' on Kevin's Door" will go down with "This is the cereal that's shot from guns" as the two phrases that have spoiled my listening pleasure the most.  :laugh:

--- End quote ---

I'm not getting that one.  ???

Front-Ranger:
Quaker Cereals appropriated Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture, I believe, for their puffed rice cereal commercial.

serious crayons:
Have we talked about "Knowledge is power, France is bacon"? If not, you've all probably heard that one. I just came across it the other day and chuckled again at the idea that someone would go through life baffled at why people seemed to think the phrase was perfectly normal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version