Author Topic: Eighteen Effin' Years  (Read 1422 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Eighteen Effin' Years
« on: January 10, 2023, 11:20:58 am »
Or 25, depending on how you're counting.

In either case, it's not possible.  :(

Anyway, every time I make coffee and throw the sopping brown filter into the garbage can, I think of Linda Higgins.

I don't need any postcards, though. I've got plenty of snapshots and other photos from years on years.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Eighteen Effin' Years
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 01:02:34 pm »
Of all the many ways to be reminded of Brokeback Mountain, this takes the cake! For my coffee, I use an Aeropot, which is a tube that sits on top of my cup and holds one cup's worth of coffee grounds. There's also a pusher that fits tightly inside the tube and all the brew is suctioned into the cup. I just have a few grounds each time, which I put on my houseplants. So I'll just have to find another reminder! I'm sure it won't be hard.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 06:55:18 pm »
For weekday/workday breakfasts, I have a cone that sits on top of a cup or mug. It holds a single filter. You put coffee in the cone and pour boiling water over it. On weekends I use a small drip coffee maker.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 09:29:55 am »
We know where Brokenback Summit is. I wonder whether anybody goes there anymore.  ???

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 01:08:27 pm »
I was last there in 2019, after spending the Fourth of July at the Ten Sleep Rodeo. That was when I met Craig Johnson, who was the Grand Marshall of the parade. Before that, we went up after the eclipse in 2017. Dana joined us.

In 2021, I was very close to there at Medicine Wheel and was surprised that my traveling partners didn't know of the nearby Medicine Lodge. Time to plan another trip!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 02:03:41 pm »
In 2021, I was very close to there at Medicine Wheel and was surprised that my traveling partners didn't know of the nearby Medicine Lodge. Time to plan another trip!

Have you discussed the Medicine Lodge here? I'm afraid I don't remember.  :(

I would love to visit the Medicine Wheel again some day.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2023, 01:47:18 pm »
Or 25, depending on how you're counting.

In either case, it's not possible.  :(

Anyway, every time I make coffee and throw the sopping brown filter into the garbage can, I think of Linda Higgins.

I don't need any postcards, though. I've got plenty of snapshots and other photos from years on years.

Happy 18th anniversary of the movie debut!!!