Our BetterMost Community > Chez Tremblay

Eighteen Effin' Years

(1/2) > >>

Jeff Wrangler:
Or 25, depending on how you're counting.

In either case, it's not possible.  :(

Anyway, every time I make coffee and throw the sopping brown filter into the garbage can, I think of Linda Higgins.

I don't need any postcards, though. I've got plenty of snapshots and other photos from years on years.

Front-Ranger:
Of all the many ways to be reminded of Brokeback Mountain, this takes the cake! For my coffee, I use an Aeropot, which is a tube that sits on top of my cup and holds one cup's worth of coffee grounds. There's also a pusher that fits tightly inside the tube and all the brew is suctioned into the cup. I just have a few grounds each time, which I put on my houseplants. So I'll just have to find another reminder! I'm sure it won't be hard.

Jeff Wrangler:
For weekday/workday breakfasts, I have a cone that sits on top of a cup or mug. It holds a single filter. You put coffee in the cone and pour boiling water over it. On weekends I use a small drip coffee maker.

Jeff Wrangler:
We know where Brokenback Summit is. I wonder whether anybody goes there anymore.  ???

Front-Ranger:
I was last there in 2019, after spending the Fourth of July at the Ten Sleep Rodeo. That was when I met Craig Johnson, who was the Grand Marshall of the parade. Before that, we went up after the eclipse in 2017. Dana joined us.

In 2021, I was very close to there at Medicine Wheel and was surprised that my traveling partners didn't know of the nearby Medicine Lodge. Time to plan another trip!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version