Author Topic: Cross-Post: Are you participating in Gay Pride Activities?  (Read 4528 times)

Offline Impish

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Cross-Post: Are you participating in Gay Pride Activities?
« on: June 06, 2006, 11:43:11 am »
I just posted the following in Safe Haven, and am posting it here as well, with minor changes.  Please feel free to copy this post to other boards if the spirit so moves you.   :)

I'll be joining several functions related to Gay Pride Month for the first time in over 20 years.  If you've never walked in a parade or been to a vigil or festival or other gay pride function, I hope you will this year. 

For my fellow Americans, taking a stand this year is especially important, for obvious reasons.

But there are non-political reasons to get involved as well.  Walking in a parade for the first time is a life-changing experience.  Because of my pain, I can't walk in them anymore, so I'm doing other things, but I have fond memories of parades in years past..  It's a huge boost to your self-esteem and confidence. 

Many straight people walk in Gay Pride Parades as well: they're for anyone who supports human rights for GLBT peoples.  So invite your friends to walk with you. Some parades include a Gay-Straight Alliance group to walk with under their banner; or a Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (P-FLAG) group to join.  In this way,  straight people can identify themselves as a straight supporter if that's a concern for them.

This year, we can support and celebrate the love between Ennis and Jack.  And we should.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 11:45:10 am by Impish »
If you won't pray in my school, I won't think in your church.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cross-Post: Are you participating in Gay Pride Activities?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 05:20:50 pm »

I don't know that I'm participating in any pride events, but I have decorated my home for pride.

I took down my stars and patriotic decor that was up for Memorial Day, and replaced them with rainbow lights and the progressive pride flag in my picture window.

I also have these on my coffee table.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!