Author Topic: TV Shows & TV Movies with LGBTQ Stories & Short Films  (Read 2250 times)

Online CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
TV Shows & TV Movies with LGBTQ Stories & Short Films
« on: August 18, 2023, 05:56:46 pm »
I didn't see a thread here that had this information, thought perhaps this would be a place to collect this information, in case people want to see or discuss any shows or TV movies with LGBTQ stories.

It can be discussions of gay characters in ongoing series, episodes that featured gay storylines, holiday movies, or any sort of TV exposure.

This can be any show or movie from any time.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 09:13:29 pm by CellarDweller »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Online CellarDweller

Re: TV Shows & TV Movies with LGBTQ Stories
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2023, 05:57:25 pm »
Luke Macfarlane & Peter Porte to Star in Hallmark's Notes of Autumn

Bernardo Sim - August 18 2023

We?re so ready for a new LGBTQ+ rom-com from Hallmark featuring Luke Macfarlane and Peter Porte!

Today, the Hallmark Channel is announcing a new rom-com titled Notes of Autumn just in time for the fall season. The film features the character of Leo (Macfarlane), a successful author who is experiencing a tough writer?s block. Feeling the pressure to finish the new installment of his popular series of books, Leo swaps homes with his best friend, Ellie (played by Ashley Williams), for a period of time.

During his stay at Ellie?s place, Leo ends up meeting Matt (Porte), who helps him get out of his own way when it comes to writing something new and inspiring. According to the synopsis, Leo and Matt?s ?newfound friendships turn into something far more meaningful,? just as Ellie is experiencing a similar situation with Sam (played by Marcus Rosner).

Notes of Autumn is set to premiere on Saturday, September 16 on the Hallmark Channel.

https://www.out.com/film/luke-macfarlane-peter-porte-hallmark#rebelltitem1

^^^^^^^^                                                     ^^^^^^^^^^
Luke MacFarlane                                                  Peter Porte

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2023, 11:27:36 am »
This is a great idea for a topic. With the writers' strike dragging on, we're all on the hunt for new shows or ones we missed before.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2023, 12:27:37 pm »
Well, I hope all of you who have Netflix have watched Schitt's Creek, which stars perhaps the second most adorable gay couple of all time?

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2023, 03:17:04 pm »
Poor Luke MacFarlane:  Bros bombed, so he's stuck doing Hallmark channel fluff. 

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2023, 08:26:53 pm »

LOL  -  Luke MacFarlane has been in Hallmark's stable of actors since 2014, 8 years prior to Bros, and including the movie coming next month, he's been in 15 Hallmark projects.   He's also currently appearing in the Apple TV series Platonic.   He's also currently staring in a film called "Lone Star Bull", which is in post production.

He's doing just fine.

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2023, 08:34:53 pm »

In a classic moment, one character I remember seeing on TV was Beverly LaSalle.

Beverly was portrayed by Lori Shannon (born Don Seymor McLean).  She appeared on 3 episodes of All in the Family, as a drag queen.

In her last appearance (Edith's Crisis of Faith) Beverly is about to become a star,  with shows booked at Carnegie Hall.  Mike walks her to a cab, and they are attacked by muggers.  The assumption is made that the attack happens because  they recognized Beverly as a drag queen, and she doesn't survive the attack.

Edith has a crisis of faith and begins to wonder how God would allow people to punish one of his children. She believes that all people are worthy of love and feels a sense of loss and sadness at the tragic event, and doesn't understand it.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2023, 09:07:53 pm »

LOL  -  Luke MacFarlane has been in Hallmark's stable of actors since 2014, 8 years prior to Bros, and including the movie coming next month, he's been in 15 Hallmark projects.   He's also currently appearing in the Apple TV series Platonic.   He's also currently staring in a film called "Lone Star Bull", which is in post production.

He's doing just fine.

At least he's got a steady job.

(Aside from kicking me off the site, the site no longer allows me to include two quotes in a post.)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2023, 09:40:48 am »
Has anybody watched Prime's "Red White and Royal Blue"?  It's been hyped all over facebook for over a month. 

I tried to watch it last night, but it was so cringy, i couldn't get past about 30 minutes.  The guy who plays Alex is very amateurish, and Uma Thurman's Texas drawl made me nauseous. 

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2023, 11:27:05 am »
Has anybody watched Prime's "Red White and Royal Blue"?  It's been hyped all over facebook for over a month. 

I tried to watch it last night, but it was so cringy, i couldn't get past about 30 minutes.  The guy who plays Alex is very amateurish, and Uma Thurman's Texas drawl made me nauseous.

It's been discussed a great deal at ultimatebrokebackforum.com.

I don't do Amazon, so I haven't seen it, but I can stand a lot if the guys are cute enough.

"It ain't Shakespeare."
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.