Author Topic: When Should All-Brokies Day Be?  (Read 8602 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: When Should All-Brokies Day Be?
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2006, 04:34:25 pm »
I will start a new poll, thanks for calling this to my attention!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 10:27:43 am »
And the winner is...the first full moon in June for All-Brokies Day!! This year it falls on . . . June1!!! I will take some time from post-BBQ celebrations to join everyone at this very special chat!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2007, 04:17:41 pm »
Hey Lee, I'm just reviewing this thread because iwishiknew posted in the New Cult thread about a suggestion you made of having a Brokie Friend Day.   I see you declared the first full moon in June as the winner for All Brokies Day, but weren't we going to have a final poll to decide among June moon, December 9 and November 7?

I still agree with Mikaela that the practice of remembering martyrs and those already with God on All Saints Day has just the right association with November 7 to make it resonate for us on a day called All Brokies Day.  Might we call the June moon Brokie Friend Day and save All Brokies Day for November 7? 

June 1st is coming up on Friday.  Some calendars list May 31 as the full moon, so maybe we could fudge it and go for the next one, which is June 30, and have more time to promote the holiday, whatever we decide to call it.  What do you think?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 12:12:22 am by Meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2007, 06:37:07 pm »
I like November 7th.
It should serve as a day to remind us that tomorrow is not a given and we should take advantage of the opportunities before us when they present themselves.
SInce the November 7th meeting never came, I think that would be a good day to remeber Jack and the Love he and Ennis shared.
But, thats just me.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2007, 11:03:42 pm »
I like November 7th.
It should serve as a day to remind us that tomorrow is not a given and we should take advantage of the opportunities before us when they present themselves.
SInce the November 7th meeting never came, I think that would be a good day to remeber Jack and the Love he and Ennis shared.
But, thats just me.

I'm coming in late here, but for what it's worth, I agree with Meryl and Loneleeb, et al. November 7 has my (belated) vote.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2007, 03:43:43 am »
I will start a new poll, thanks for calling this to my attention!

I look forward to a fresh poll!  Thanks Lee!