Author Topic: Kind of OT: My very strange, slightly Brokeback related dream....  (Read 5532 times)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Last night I had a very sureal, kind of Brokeback related dream, I wouldn't normally bore people with the details of my dreams but you guys like my weird stories and things to do with Brokeback so ;):

Since Monday I have been getting alot of sleep cause I am on "Holiday" and cause I had a little accident with some stairs where my ankle got sprained and I can't really do much else apart from come on here an talk to you. So I think all of the sleep has frazzled my brain!
After reading my Screenplay for the 6 or 7th time I turned in and went to bed. I heard a loud tapping sound right near my ear and I jolted up. I looked around and I was in my class room, which is pretty normal, me sleeping in class but then my eyes come into focus and I see Swoff from Jarhead tapping on my desk with a large caine.(in case you haven't guessed this is the dream) Swoff then comes right up to my face and shouts "Nice to see you have joined us again, hooha!" He then starts singing "Singing in the rain" and starts tap dancing on my desk with his caine. This is the point when I decide to look around my class room to see if any of my other class mates had notcied the 6ft soldier dancing on my desk.:D

I looked to my left and guess who I saw.....Jack! He was fiddling with a tire iron which held at certain angles looked surprisingly like an Oscar statuette. He also kept taking quick longing glances at Ennis who was on my right. Ennis was scribbling away at a piece of paper. I leaned over over to see that he was drawing a rather detailed picture of a transmission unit. (I didn't actually know I knew what a transmission unit looked like, but I guess it is my head). At that precise moment Swoff jumps off the table and pulls out a giant dunce hat with the word "Society" printed on it and places in on my head. He continues singing but goes up to the black board and starts writing "They made me do it".(Now I actually get why it says society on my hat; because I was between Ennis and Jack *A Jack, Becky and Ennis Sandwich if you will*, keeping them apart like society does.) :angel:

I then decide to look around some more. Alma and Lureen were sat directly behind me whispering away about something like "When did you know"     "Oh I knew when I saw them at it". Alma was blisfully unaware that the baby on her lap was doing an Irish jig, in full leprichaun(sp?) costume, I might add. Lureen on the other hand was fully aware she was tucking into a turkey that was placed on her desk.
To Alma's right was Aguirre who was humming to himself and arranging roses as he when along with his own business, now and again taking quick glances at Jack and Ennis through the binoculars around his neck. To Lureen's left was Lashawn who had turned around and was jabbering away like a ribid monkey about "Needless Markup" (which after I woke I up I realised was Neman Markus) to Basque who was behind her. Basque at this point looks overly pissed off and is mumbling under his breath in Mexican!  ;)
To Basque's right is Monroe who was staring at Alma while peeling the label off a ketchup bottle and replacing it with one that said "Condiment" in big black letters. Next to Monroe was Cassie who had her big, dirty feet up on her desk and was picking them. Oh yeah and I almost forgot there was a giant elk with a target painted on him in the corner of the classroom! ::)
When I finally started listening to Swoff he said, "Right, so if you want to survive on Brokeback you need a survival pack, this consists of...." At this point a bettermost can skimms my head and I see Basque sailing out the window. Almost instantaneously Jack jumps up from his desk and launches himself at Swoff reapeating the lyrics to "Water Walkin' Jesus" over and over. At that moment all hell breaks loose in the classroom and I wake up. :o

So at 3 am I decided to write down all of this to share with you, cause I know you lot like my weird, slightly related BBM stories. I am actually thinking of making a "Brokeback survival pack" thread and list all the things I came up with at 3 am when I couldn't sleep.
Maybe I am taking a completely ridiculous dream too seriously, but I couldn't sleep and I thought you guys would like it.
I swear this is the longest thread I have ever wrote...so enjoy! ;D

Oh yeah and check out what I put in my survival pack here:
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=574.0
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 08:58:28 am by Becky »
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Kind of OT: My very strange, slightly Brokeback related dream....
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 06:48:53 pm »
WOW!     How many times does Mom have to tell you not to eat beans and drink whiskey before bed time??     ;D

That was great by the way.   ;)

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 07:04:07 pm »
ha ha. that was fun.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 08:26:56 am »
................................ Bumping for a laugh! :D .............................
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 11:41:55 am »
Yeah I really shouldn't drink that much whiskey before bed! But I think it was the whiskey paired with all that cheese that gave me the sureal dream  ;). I don't usually remember my dreams, that is why this one is so weird. Plus in this dream I didn't say a word, which I normally do and that is why I am such a notorious sleep talker.

I wonder if there are any psychiatrists on here who can tell me the symbolism behind my dream and confirm that I am, in fact crazy! ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 04:46:03 pm »
Your dream reminded me of the climax in the book "The Name of the Rose" by Umberto Ecco. Did anyone else have that reaction?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 04:50:12 pm »
I have never heard of that before. What is is about and what happens?
Please teacher tell me! ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 05:25:32 pm »
It's a novel that was written by an Italian author and was translated into English about 12 years ago. It's set in a monastery in about the 1200s and the main character is an investigator who has come in to investigate the murder of a monk. Then he discovers a secret text that talks about Jesus and Mary Magdelene...well I don't want to include any spoilers in case someone might like to read it. The author is extremely well read and includes a lot of plays on/references to other great works of literature.  ;)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2006, 05:46:07 pm »
I am probably being really dense but why did my dream make you think of that book? ???

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 06:18:45 pm »
In the climax, the investigator has a dream that solves the murder mystery and in it all the gospel characters are present and doing all sorts of odd things like in your dream. Your dream is the stuff of great literature, Becky!!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 06:21:25 pm »
Why thank you, I am glad someone thinks so, cause I don't!  :laugh: I just thought it was very strange!