Author Topic: It's not too late--GOTV!  (Read 1737 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
It's not too late--GOTV!
« on: November 07, 2006, 06:38:40 pm »
Hi all,

This is an email I just got that I'm sharing with you because I know that most people here, if not all, want to see some serious changes in where the US is headed as a country:

We're getting reliable reports of recorded messages sent by Republican groups to progressive voters in cities like Memphis, telling them they'll face prosecution if they try to vote.

It's outrageous. And we need to fight back, fast and hard, to turn the tide. The best way to do that is to make sure every Democrat and progressive knows to where, when, how and why to vote today.

Please make some calls right now to get progressive voters to the polls:

http://pol.moveon.org/phone/volunteer/fp.html

In the last few days, the GOP has even been calling progressive voters at 2:00 in the morning—pretending to be calling from the Democratic campaign in a despicable gambit to suppress the vote.

Calls from machines meant to threaten and confuse can do great harm. But calls from real people meant to inform and empower can do great good.

We must not allow these desperate Republican tricks to rob voters of their voice. We have a few more hours to cut through the lies, remind these folks of their right to vote and give them the information they need to exercise it.

We have a few more hours to win. Right now we're making 30 calls per second, but we need to step it up even more. Please hit the phones!

Keep calling, folks, keep calling.

–Ben Brandzel, MoveOn.org Political Action
  Tuesday, November 7th, 2006

The system they have makes it very easy to call voters legally who generally vote Democratic but don't always vote. Calls follow a simple format that you see onscreen and you are only calling in areas of the country where the races are too close to say who's ahead--it will literally come down to the turnout today. Remember, a few hundred votes decided the direction this country took beginning in 2000. Let's make sure that we do what we can to put back the checks and balances that this country badly needs.

Thanks,

Jenny
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 06:47:17 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: It's not too late--GOTV!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 01:24:48 am »
I voted today!  :D and from the precinct reports coming in now change seems to be in the wind...-  Things appear to be shifting to the left a bit.
Life is not a dress rehearsal