Author Topic: WOOOOO-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!  (Read 14469 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: WOOOOO-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2006, 03:15:55 am »

...thought maybe some of you might enjoy gazing at this...  thanks go to Prophecy Girl over at JakeWatch!   ;D

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2006, 04:34:16 pm »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/custom/newsroom/chi-061109allen,0,2116874.story

Allen concedes, Democrats retake Congress

The Associated Press

November 9, 2006, 2:16 PM CST

U.S. Sen. George Allen conceded defeat Thursday in his re-election bid, sealing the Democrats' takeover of the Senate and concluding a dramatic fall for a one-time top-tier presidential contender.

Jim Webb claimed victory early Wednesday morning after election returns showed him with a narrow lead. Allen conceded at an afternoon news conference, saying the ``owners of government have spoken and I respect their decision.''

``The Bible teaches us there is a time and place for everything, and today I called and congratulated Jim Webb,'' he said.

The Republican chose not to demand a recount after initial canvassing of Tuesday's results failed to significantly alter Webb's lead of about 7,200 votes out of 2.37 million ballots cast. The results will not be official until they are certified by the State Board of Elections on Nov. 27.
Copyright © 2006, The Associated Press
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2006, 04:56:27 pm »
The Bible teaches us there is a time and place for everything, and today I called and congratulated Jim Webb.

::)

Hey, George:  Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.  In fact, let me give you a big push out of it.
No more beans!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2006, 10:28:34 pm »
Love it, JakeTwist!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"