Author Topic: What Should Dupree Do  (Read 8694 times)

Marge_Innavera

Re: What Should Dupree Do
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 12:57:09 pm »
Maybe it was an easier choice David, and for his wife and childrens sake I hope it was the right one. I,m not gay, so please correct me if I,m wrong here, but if your gay, how can you supress it? It will always be there, and the thing that gets me is: Sometimes you hear stories about gay men who get married, because that is what "normal" men do. Then they have kids, and then again, there is the "proof"..ther,e "normal". But sometimes, a few years down the line, they end up severly depressed and sometimes, end up committing suicide. They have then left a widow and orphaned kids. So what would have been better? Yes the poor girl would have been hurt if he had split up with her, sure, BUT at least she wouldnt be a widow and innocent kids wouldnt be orphaned. I hope, for everyones sake, your friend has made the right choice in his life, because if not, an awful lot of people are going to suffer for it. IMO, if you know, you are gay, you shouldnt get married just to prove to everyone that your "normal". It,s wrong.

I'm neither gay nor bi, so this isn't an informed opinion. But IMO when you marry someone or make as permanent a commitment as possible (i.e., not the legal one yet if you're gay, not in the US  >:( ), you're making a commitment to keep that one person at the center of your life.  That's the situation whether it's the same gender or the opposite one.  So IMO, the best decision for a bi person to make would be to be as certain as possible that this one individual is THE ONE. And if the person is truly bi, any temptations after that would be about the same as for any married heterosexual person.  Seems to me that's very different from being paired with someone of the opposite gender when your natural inclinations are to your own; but again, I don't have personal experience to draw on there.

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 02:39:52 pm »
  Oh so NOT true!   There are other reasons.

The "Ennis" in my recent past was bisexual and claimed to enjoy sex equally with men and women.   He made his "choice" to marry a girl because it was easier.    He honestly felt that choosing the gay lifestyle would have made his life difficult and a hurt his family and career.  Which is sometimes true I suppose.     He claims to have supressed his gay side 100% so he can dedicate his life to his wife and new children.    And for the kids sake, I hope he does.

Hi David,

I'm so sorry to read this !  :(.  I do hope that your "Ennis" doesn't live to regret his choice, but supressing half of yourself permanantly? seems a daunting (not to mention thankless) task...

Actually, I was thinking on exactly those lines, when I wrote my post.
A good (girl)friend on mine dated a bi guy for a while.
At the time, he desparately wanted to find a girl, get married and have kids - I guess because he wanted the "easier " way (not that anything can be easy in that situation...).

He ended up living with a guy. He said that it was because he couldn't find a woman who would accept his bi-sexuality, but I always had my doubts... kinda felt he chose the guy because, bottom line, they were more compatible.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2006, 03:02:35 pm »
I have been very open with the way I feel about Jeeves, lol..
So I vote Dupree and Jeeves give it a try!

About Janice, well, I aint feeling her at all.. ;D

By the way, June, in chorus with you: *squeeee* ..  :P
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 04:05:00 pm by Lucise »

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2006, 04:14:54 pm »
I have been very open with the way I feel about Jeeves, lol..
So I vote Dupree and Jeeves give it a try!

About Janice, well, I aint feeling her at all.. ;D

By the way, June, in chorus with you: *squeeee* ..  :P

Here here Lucise, I,m with you. Go for it Jeremy, you wont know till ya do and if you dont you,ll just torture yourself wondering "what if?". He obviously wants to try, you can tell he,s just burning up with curiosity about it. I dont feel any "vibes" with Janice either. Seems like a bit of limp lettuce to me tbh lol. He could pick a lot worse than Jeeves for his first time lets face it. Go for it Jeremy.You only live once. With any luck he,ll love it so much he,ll be addicted lol. ;) ;D ;D

yb

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 07:06:13 pm »
I have grown to like Jeeves a lot but I opt for Dupree finding another one at Red Stallion.  As we have seen, Jeeves will almost certainly have sex with Dupree if he so decided, but if after having sex with Jeeves, Dupree found out he's not into men or Jeeves is not the man for him, I'm sure Jeeves will accept it just like a gentleman but I think the hurt will be very deep.  The more considerate and tender he shows to Dupree, the deeper he will be hurt.  So, I'd rather Dupree find another one if he's not sure about his feeling for Jeeves.

BTW, David, I'm sorry to hear about your ex-Ennis.  It must hurt a lot.  Every time I read about a story of an Ennis, I felt so sorry that Ennises still exist in the modern world and people are complaining Ennis not brave enough to live with Jack back in 70s and 80s.  Good luck, David.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 07:11:22 pm by yb »

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 08:15:28 pm »
I like the way Jeeves rationalized Dupree's confusion on his sexuality that he is probably more attracted to the love shared by Ennis and Ellery.  Also think Ellery made an excellent point on what kind of person (man or woman) Dupree fancies when he is errr.. enjoying himself.  Dupree should really listen to Jeeves and Ellery’s suggestion and try to find out the answer himself before he decides to experiment with anyone.  If that fails, I suppose he should then find someone he is attracted to for experiment. 

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2006, 08:26:20 pm »
Almost went the Red Stallion route.

Don't think Jeeves is for him - there are too many differences - in age, life experiences, degree of attraction,...

Shop around, beyond the Red Stallion - "Find a new place - maybe Denver" - find YOUR Ennis (it's not at the Stallion!)

Sheriff Roland

(Ohh - look at me! I'm postin' on the fan fiction forum!!!)
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 07:14:30 pm »
Almost went the Red Stallion route.

Don't think Jeeves is for him - there are too many differences - in age, life experiences, degree of attraction,...

Umm..opposites sometimes attract, Sheriff!  Ever think of that?  :P  Okay, I kid, Ro ..  ;D

I have it on good authority that there is quite some Dupree goodness ahead, I am more 'n ready to buckle up for the ride!  8)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 07:30:48 pm »
Saddle up, Jeremy!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2006, 02:18:41 pm »
Saddle up, Jeremy!

Some very sound advice there, Louise!

WOOOWEEE!!  ;D :D