Author Topic: White Picket Fences and Apple Trees  (Read 19131 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: White Picket Fences and Apple Trees
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 08:54:53 pm »
Great news!  midgetsize just posted this at Brokebackslash:

Hi guys! *Wave* Sorry for falling off the face of the earth. Some of you may remember my fic, White Picket Fences and Apple Trees. I've left you hanging for...I don't even know how long. I just wanted to let you guys know that sometime--I don't know when, mind you--I plan to update. It could be another month or two, depending on how things go, but I've got some more coming.

I guess that just proves that you can never say never - and should never give up!  :)

Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 02:31:24 am »

Hi guys! *Wave* Sorry for falling off the face of the earth. Some of you may remember my fic, White Picket Fences and Apple Trees. I've left you hanging for...I don't even know how long. I just wanted to let you guys know that sometime--I don't know when, mind you--I plan to update. It could be another month or two, depending on how things go, but I've got some more coming.

I guess that just proves that you can never say never - and should never give up!  :)

Marie

Oh, Marie, that is great news to start a new workweek!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 06:42:32 am »

Marie

Who woudda thunk it?
Thank ya, Marie, good news are always welcome on a Monday morning  :)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 07:23:26 pm »
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 03:06:04 am »
Hi Marie 'n all,

I just wanted to post the link, but you were faster  :).
I've already read the new chapter and love the story as much as ever.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 03:13:13 am »
Thanks for the link Marie. What a great way to start the day!  :)

It's so good to have this story back!

I loved this:
'Ennis felt like he should say more, but he didn’t know what. He cleared his throat and just decided to jump in. “Missed you, you know. Um, when you went to your aunt’s.” He looked at his feet. He had a hole in his sock and his toe was poking out.'

Midget does such a good job with the way Ennis and Junior are building bridges. Or, at least trying to! Just jump in, that's the way to go!

I hope they can all celebrate Christmas together.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 02:23:46 pm »
...I've already read the new chapter and love the story as much as ever.

Yep, me too, Chrissi!

Midget does such a good job with the way Ennis and Junior are building bridges. Or, at least trying to! Just jump in, that's the way to go!

Yep, that's just one of the unique things about this story - how Ennis and Junior have to learn to know each other after so many years apart.   They're so much alike, and I find their awkwardness so believable and realistically portrayed.  It's nice to see that they're making progress! 

Marie

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 02:27:26 pm »

I hope they can all celebrate Christmas together.

???  :-\

Just realized. They celebrated Christmas already.... Maybe midget meant New Year's Eve??

I need to reread the last chapter, which is not a bad thing of course! LOL

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 02:34:21 pm »
???  :-\

Just realized. They celebrated Christmas already.... Maybe midget meant New Year's Eve??

I need to reread the last chapter, which is not a bad thing of course! LOL

Yeah, I didn't catch that the first time through either  :) -  but somebody pointed it out in their comment!  That shouldn't be too hard to correct.  I should probably re-read the last few chapters. too.  I'm sure there's a lot of stuff I've forgotten!

Marie

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!