Author Topic: Tornadoes..  (Read 10735 times)

EnnisDelMar

Tornadoes..
« on: April 06, 2006, 01:04:11 pm »
So I'm watching the local news and apparently there's a high risk for tornadoes today... so if I blow away I'll miss all of you!  :-\ lol

*I can't believe I spelled tornadoes wrong rofl
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:06:22 pm by EnnisDelMar »

slayers_creek_oth

Re: Tornados..
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 01:05:26 pm »
ROFL.....ditto!

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 01:06:53 pm »
If you fly past my window, stop in for some cherry cake and  a  cup of coffee..
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 01:07:52 pm »
If you fly past my window, stop in for some cherry cake and  a  cup of coffee..

ROFL! Will do.

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
Re: Tornadoes..
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 01:11:27 pm »
be safe!  hide in the basement if you have one, stay away from windows!

i love tornado season.  i know it's kind of morbid, but i love tornadoes, they just fascinate me. 
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 01:15:06 pm »
I love tornado season also, I want to go chase one sometime

Offline littledarlin

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 01:20:03 pm »
I love tornado season also, I want to go chase one sometime

that's one of my goals in life, to chase a tornado.  i've only seen one but it didn't touch down so it doesn't count.

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 01:22:34 pm »
I haven't even seen one! Can you believe that?! Living in Kansas all my life and never seen a tornado..

Offline littledarlin

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 01:28:49 pm »
I haven't even seen one! Can you believe that?! Living in Kansas all my life and never seen a tornado..

that is crazy!  i've been in a few, they so rarely touch down out here though, but i saw one.  i was at work, talking to somebody and i kept looking out the window, and i was watching the clouds swirl and it looked like smoke, then out of nowhere the tail comes out and it starts forming and i'm like "um, is that a funnel cloud?" and the sirens started going off.  it was scary as hell!  but exciting too :x

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 01:28:52 pm »
That sucks!  Be careful little Dorothy... ::)

Ruffalo
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 01:30:09 pm »
Well - I grew up in Kansas, and now live in Chicago, so I'm in the middle of tornado territory.  I lived in Florida for 14 years, and much prefer tornados to hurricanes.  I love the sudden, unexpected destruction of tornados, versus the slow plow of hurricanes.

Brandon - don't cha love it when the sky turns green and purple and gray, and it gets deadly still and silent, and even the birds stop singing.  I love how you can feel the change in the pressure and the air seems charged with electricity.

I remember all the moms and kids going to the basement, and all the dads standing outside looking for the tornados.

We're expecting  big storms here in Chicago today too, so maybe we're in luck, Andrew.  Maybe a tornado will pick up Brandon and chefjudy, and then you and Courtney, and drop everyone at the Loew's Esquire downtown on Oak Street.  I'll meet you there after the tornado, and then we can have dinner at the Chicago Diner (if it's still standing)!!!!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 01:31:37 pm »

Ruffalo

Hi Juan - I like that you've embraced your inner Mark Ruffalo, but you look a lot less like him in the other pic you posted.  Exceedingly attractive, but less like Ruffalo!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline littledarlin

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 01:33:03 pm »
We're expecting  big storms here in Chicago today too, so maybe we're in luck, Andrew.  Maybe a tornado will pick up Brandon and chefjudy, and then you and Courtney, and drop everyone at the Loew's Esquire downtown on Oak Street.  I'll meet you there after the tornado, and then we can have dinner at the Chicago Diner (if it's still standing)!!!!

LOL hahahah that would be awesome. 

Brandon - don't cha love it when the sky turns green and purple and gray, and it gets deadly still and silent, and even the birds stop singing.  I love how you can feel the change in the pressure and the air seems charged with electricity.

oh stop, you're getting me all worked up!  :o

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 01:34:29 pm »
Last one I've been thru was back in 1999 with that big tornado outbreak in OK and KS. It was SOOO close to hitting our home, after it was over we looked at all the damage around town and..there's nothing like it. Total destruction, dead animals everywhere, people's stuff everywhere, it's crazy.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 01:36:03 pm »
Well thank you again!  I've liked him as an actor since You Can Count On Me, what a great movie!  But lookswise I'm not even in his league.  The folks who go to the brunch will be like, 'Ruffalo?  I don't think so.'  LOL

But it's frickin' flattering nonetheless, so thanks!!

Ruffalo

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 01:38:05 pm »
Well - I grew up in Kansas, and now live in Chicago, so I'm in the middle of tornado territory.  I lived in Florida for 14 years, and much prefer tornados to hurricanes.  I love the sudden, unexpected destruction of tornados, versus the slow plow of hurricanes.

Brandon - don't cha love it when the sky turns green and purple and gray, and it gets deadly still and silent, and even the birds stop singing.  I love how you can feel the change in the pressure and the air seems charged with electricity.

I remember all the moms and kids going to the basement, and all the dads standing outside looking for the tornados.

Yeah I love that. I'm facinated by weather. It's amazing to me. Tornadoes are amazing, so much power just coming down from the clouds it's just crazy. I was at this one site (forgot what it was called) and they had a sound clip from a while ago where a tornado came during a church service. You could hear the people singing then all of a sudden it got really loud and then complete muffled noise then silence. It was kinda freaky.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:58:58 pm by EnnisDelMar »

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 02:38:27 pm »
..now under a Tornado Watch..WOOWAY YEAH! :D

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 03:11:21 pm »
Good luck, be safe!

:-\
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 03:12:06 pm »

..now under a Tornado Watch..WOOWAY YEAH! :D

Lucky, sheesh.  (Imagine Napoleon Dynamite uttering thos words, not me).

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 03:16:51 pm »
I've lived in Illinois for about 18 years and never once seen a tornado. Many times it looked like there would be one, greenish sky, silent and still, change in the air, but no actual tornado. Let us know if you see one Brandon!

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2006, 03:51:27 pm »
Brandon I am totally with you, we're having storms and tornado watches, unfortunately I have to go out in it to get to night class...  :-\
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2006, 04:01:08 pm »
well have fun lol

Offline littledarlin

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2006, 04:04:35 pm »
i hope you guys don't think i'm weird,  but this is one of my favorite websites:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/

great way to keep up on severe weather in your area, since local cable is kinda slow.

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2006, 04:10:39 pm »
Well - I grew up in Kansas, and now live in Chicago, so I'm in the middle of tornado territory.  I lived in Florida for 14 years, and much prefer tornados to hurricanes.  I love the sudden, unexpected destruction of tornados, versus the slow plow of hurricanes.

Brandon - don't cha love it when the sky turns green and purple and gray, and it gets deadly still and silent, and even the birds stop singing.  I love how you can feel the change in the pressure and the air seems charged with electricity.

Oooooh, Yad, you had the hairs standing up on the back of my neck.  I'm a storm freak.  I love that stuff.  Sick, isn't it?  I've never seen a tornado, and I have to confess a really strange compulsion to see one.

We had a big, rolling, booming thunderstorm here in Toronto the other day, and I went out on my terrace, which is on the eleventh floor, and has a wonderful, big-sky view over the city.  I watched the storm just roll across the sky, cracking and flashing away.  Mmmm.......  So majestically beautiful.

Thanks for the little trip.  I almost felt like I was in Kansas for amoment.  You're pretty nifty at this word stuff, aren't you?

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2006, 04:17:14 pm »
i hope you guys don't think i'm weird,  but this is one of my favorite websites:

great way to keep up on severe weather in your area, since local cable is kinda slow.

LOL, Andrew, I think we're probably all way beyond the point of thinking each other is weird....

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2006, 04:17:28 pm »
Celeste - we think alike!  I have always been fascinated with storms and love to watch them come in from the west - the black roiling clouds, with lightning and thunder all around - maybe its a sexual/sensual thing, I don't really know.  But I do love them.

I do remember like you going to the basement with candles and the sirens blaring, tv on for news and changes - sounds creepy but it is one of my most favorite memories.

Does that sound too macabre??
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline littledarlin

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2006, 04:19:43 pm »
LOL, Andrew, I think we're probably all way beyond the point of thinking each other is weird....

touche

lol

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2006, 04:25:30 pm »
Celeste - we think alike!  I have always been fascinated with storms and love to watch them come in from the west - the black roiling clouds, with lightning and thunder all around - maybe its a sexual/sensual thing, I don't really know.  But I do love them.

I do remember like you going to the basement with candles and the sirens blaring, tv on for news and changes - sounds creepy but it is one of my most favorite memories.

Does that sound too macabre??

Mmmm...... good word, Judy.  Macabre.  That's what I was looking for.  I'm with you on the sexy storm thing.  Maybe this is waaaaaaaay too much information... should I tell this?

Long pause to think.  Okay.

I love shagging during a storm.  There, I said it.  It's just.............  Well, words fail, really.  A sensory delight.

Why does everything seem to come back to sex on this board.  Or is that just me?

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2006, 05:08:29 pm »

Local cable here isn't slow, they break in if theres a rain cloud lol

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2006, 07:20:17 pm »
Brandon has it happened yet?  I'm on pins and needles...you better look out for yourself.  Just the idea of a tornado freaks me out.

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2006, 07:34:13 pm »
Nope we got by with nothing as usual.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2006, 07:36:00 pm »
Well that's good on one hand...but probably like missing out on a snow day too.

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2006, 07:37:03 pm »
Lol

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2006, 07:56:16 pm »
Well I'm glad you're OK.... ;D

Ruffalo

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2006, 08:04:11 pm »
Thanks man ;)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2006, 08:16:03 pm »
My mom saw the famous 1955 (I think) tornado in Dallas when she was very young.  She said she walked out her front door, the neighbors were all in the street and looked down the street and she could see it 1/2 mile away.

I almost got stomped in 3 tornados.  One touched down two miles from my apartment.  My friend called me to wake me up - it was early evening - by this time the rain and the hail were hitting the windows sideways and so hard, I thought the glass would break.  I got dressed, put on my running shoes in case I had to hit the ground running, gathered up the cats, the fish and a comforter and hid out in an inner closet until it passed.

2nd time I was out in the open in my car.  No place to go.  I was in a warehouse district.  I pulled under a tree, hiding from the hail, afraid they were going to punch a hole in my convertible top, rain just pouring, the sirens going off - then suddenly it stopped.  Dead silence, no wind, no rain, nothing. 

I was like, 'Oh shit.'

That slot in the sky opened up blue and the only thing that reassured me was that the sky wasn't the right color.  It always turns yellow and green.  Then it passed, no touchdown.  Whew!

3rd time was when the tornado ground Jarrell, Tx to a pulp and started heading south.  I lived south of Jarrell at the time.  We were all standing inside, watching the weather when someone said, "Hey the sky's a funny color out here..."

It was yellow, not green, so it passed us by again.

They're exciting weather to be sure, but not much fun to be caught in them.