Author Topic: Bush appoints anti-birth control fundamentalist to run family planning program  (Read 26375 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
So exactly when does "a bunch of cells' become a baby? Killing is killing, there is now way past that.

When it has a brain.  I think - last I read - that's about 6 months or so?  Otherwise it's just a bunch of cells developing and dividing.

Killing is just killing.  What does that mean?

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
When it has a brain.  I think - last I read - that's about 6 months or so?  Otherwise it's just a bunch of cells developing and dividing.

Killing is just killing.  What does that mean?

At Conception is when itl's a baby, the cell are living thing. And it is no picnic for women, causing al lifetime of regret, sorrow that really can't be taken back.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline delalluvia

At Conception is when itl's a baby, the cell are living thing. And it is no picnic for women, causing al lifetime of regret, sorrow that really can't be taken back.

Yes, the cells are living.  So are tumors.  Living cells.  I'd hardly call them babies though.  It is no picnic for women, causing a lifetime of regret and sorrow that can't be taken back, but at least she's the only one suffering.  She brings a child into this world, the child would suffer with her.

Offline jpwagoneer1964

Yes, the cells are living.  So are tumors.  Living cells.  I'd hardly call them babies though.  It is no picnic for women, causing a lifetime of regret and sorrow that can't be taken back, but at least she's the only one suffering.  She brings a child into this world, the child would suffer with her.
Ever hear of adoption? Why would the child suffer? The woman had a chance at living to and here child had none?
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline delalluvia

Ever hear of adoption? Why would the child suffer? The woman had a chance at living to and here child had none?

Again, I'm talking an early term abortion.  Not a child.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
You have to accept that the "child to be" is the mother's responsibily. Her "Choice" is the one she will have to live with, and should not be dictated by other "opinions" (& that's all we have to offer here) as to when a human being begins life.

One hopes that the choice for or against abortion is a well informed one, but it MUST remain a woman's choice - not a religion based politically imposed decision.

You two have been very vocal in expressing your views, but people, they're merely that ... views, opinions.

Now let's respect that we have differing opinions.

Sheriff Roland
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline jpwagoneer1964

But there is no difference. Sorry. I think we both got our points across.

Mark

Offline delalluvia

You have to accept that the "child to be" is the mother's responsibily. Her "Choice" is the one she will have to live with, and should not be dictated by other "opinions" (& that's all we have to offer here) as to when a human being begins life.

One hopes that the choice for or against abortion is a well informed one, but it MUST remain a woman's choice - not a religion based politically imposed decision.

You two have been very vocal in expressing your views, but people, they're merely that ... views, opinions.

Now let's respect that we have differing opinions.

Sheriff Roland

Well said,Roland.  Most of us have polarized views on the topic, but the main issue is that one POV should not supercede anothers.  If women want to have abortions, for whatever reason, it is STILL their body and there should not be others dictating laws against their having one based on their own belief systems.

And I do believe one needs a brain to be a person.  I believed strongly that that poor lady Terri Schiavo died 15 years ago.  The 'who' of her died with her brain, while the 'what' of her still lived on.  To me, it's just that simple.

Offline jpwagoneer1964

And I do believe one needs a brain to be a person.  I believed strongly that that poor lady Terri Schiavo died 15 years ago.  The 'who' of her died with her brain, while the 'what' of her still lived on.  To me, it's just that simple.
The problem with that argument is that when a woman is pregnant it is no longer just her body.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 12:17:47 am by jpwagoneer1964 »

injest

So women can use abortion aas a means of birth controll? Sorry doing preinancy it's not just her body.

yes you said that is your opinion already.