Author Topic: Life at the Lazy L  (Read 74461 times)

noreins

Re: Christmas at the LazyL
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2007, 11:16:22 am »
Happy New Year Jack ! And Happy New Year to Ennis too! Jack, how did you and Ennis celebrate on New Year's Eve? Did you have or go to a party? What was your first New Year's Eve together like? I have so many questions! I hope you will keep this thread when the Holidays are over! :)

Offline LazyLJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Our friend MaineWriter: Read her stuff!
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2007, 06:22:38 pm »
Happy New Year Jack ! And Happy New Year to Ennis too! Jack, how did you and Ennis celebrate on New Year's Eve? Did you have or go to a party? What was your first New Year's Eve together like? I have so many questions! I hope you will keep this thread when the Holidays are over! :)

Hi Noreins,

Thanks for the New Year's wishes. Ennis and I had a quiet evening, which suits us just fine. We had a delicious dinner of t-bone steak, creamed spinach, twice baked potatoes and a garden salad. Bobby and his wife Karen gave us a case of wine for Christmas. Ennis and I aren't experts, but Bobby seems to know his way around a wine shop, and we enjoy the bottles he picks out for us. Anyway, with our steak we had a Yellow Tail Shiraz, from Australia.

After dinner we had some quality time in the jacuzzi tub with a bottle of champagne and to bed early. Maybe not to sleep early, but we'll leave that to your imagination.

This is pretty much what we do every year. The New Year's Eve before we got together (1976) Ennis got rip roaring drunk (by himself) and I did too. We realize how lucky we are to have each other and use this holiday as a chance to reflect on our good fortune...usually just the two of us.

Noreins, I see you are new to Bettermost. Welcome! I am flattered that your first post ever would be to send us New Year's greetings. Do you read Mainewriter's stories? We are so happy that she opted to chronicle our lives and tell people the real ending of what happened to us.

Hugs,

Jack
Jack & Ennis
Lazy L Farm
Quanah, TX

noreins

« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2007, 08:19:23 pm »
Hey Jack! Thanks for sharing how you Ennis spent New Years Eve together! Yes  I love Mainewriters stories about you and Ennis! I posted here first because this thread was the reason  I joined Bettermost! I just wanted to talk to you! :)
I was on another forum where one member mentioned the love that you and Ennis share as being "sacred". I think  I would have to agree with that. I think that's why so many are drawn to your story!  Mainewriter captures that in her stories.  And of course Annie Proulx did too.
I have another question for you. When did you realize you were so in love with Ennis? Was it when he switched places with you on the mountain because you were complaining about traveling? Or was it when he finally opened up to you and told you about his life? Or was it some other time?

Offline LazyLJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2007, 10:12:26 pm »
I think it is captured pretty clearly in both of MaineWriter's stories. Here is a link to the first one:

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/417.html

For me, I think there was a bit of love at first sight going on. Ennis has a harder time pinpointing the exact moment.

Hugs to you,

Jack
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 07:08:03 am by MaineWriter »
Jack & Ennis
Lazy L Farm
Quanah, TX

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2007, 11:17:49 pm »
Anyway, with our steak we had a Yellow Tail Shiraz, from Australia.

Happy New Year, dear Jack & Ennis!  :laugh:

Lots of love and best wishes to you for a wonderful 2007!  :-*

Great choice of wine to celebrate with!  ;)

LOL

Kerry
Emerald City (Sydney)
Land of Oz (Australia)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2007, 11:21:40 pm »
I have so many questions! I hope you will keep this thread when the Holidays are over! :)

I'll second that. Please keep this thread open, Jack!

LOL

Kerry  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline LazyLJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2007, 10:00:04 am »
Well!

Since you are all so fond of finding out about the goings-on at the Lazy L, I guess I'll keep posting little updates. I am going to move this, though, to the fanfic board, since the Holiday Forum is probably going to be archived in the next week or so (that was the original plan, at least).

New news...Ennis and I are seriously thinking of flying up to Massachusetts to meet Christian, and see Jenny, Kelly, and Evan. We'll probably fly to Hartford and rent a car to drive to Northampton. I hear that Davidinhartford works there for the TSA. Maybe he'll see us passing through. LOL

I'll keep y'all posted on travel plans.

Jack
Jack & Ennis
Lazy L Farm
Quanah, TX

noreins

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2007, 05:05:31 pm »
I think it is captured pretty clearly in both of MaineWriter's stories. Here is a link to the first one:

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/417.html

For me, I think there was a bit of love at first sight going on. Ennis has a harder time pinpointing the exact moment.

Hugs to you,

Jack

Hi  Jack! thanks so much for keeping this thread! I would say that Ennis fell in love you when all the rest of us fell in love with you. And that would be the first time we saw those beautiful eyes of yours! :) Don't tell Ennis I said that! I don't want him to think I;m coming on to you!
That's great you and Ennis  are going to Massachusetts! Gay marriage is legal there ya know! ;) maybe you could have another wedding?

Offline LazyLJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Life at the Lazy L
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2007, 08:13:36 am »
January 3rd, 2007

Ennis and I spent the day yesterday cleaning up from Christmas. Took the tree down, put all the decorations away. Time to get back on track for the New Year.

The trip to Massachusetts is looking possible. We are trying to decide if we want to drive to Dallas or fly from Lubbock.

Yes, gay marriage is legal in Massachusetts, noreins, but I think we are all set. Two weddings in one life: July 4, 1976 and June 24, 2006. Those dates, and the ceremonies, work for me.

Time to go take care of the horses. Happy New Year, everyone!

Jack
Jack & Ennis
Lazy L Farm
Quanah, TX

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
Re: Life at the Lazy L
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2007, 09:34:38 am »
Glad you are keeping your wedding dates as is. :) 
I haven't taken my Christmas decorations down yet.  Good for you! 
I hope you and Ennis have a great time in Mass.