Author Topic: What Are You Doing for New Year's Eve?  (Read 278243 times)

mvansand76

Re: What Are You Doing for New Year's Eve?
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2007, 08:57:05 am »
For the first time in the six years that we are together, I'm spending my New Year's without my boyfriend...  :( :'( I'm spending it with my sister in England. She is now divorced and battling cancer, so I thought it would be a good thing to head on over there and be with her and her two children. My boyfriend is staying in Holland to keep his mother company.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2007, 09:49:52 am »
Sometimes I can be a whiny jerk.

S'alright, Jack. We understand. We're family here. I'm embarrassed 'cause I knew about your aunt and forgot about it. Didn't realize about the other sh*t you've been dealing with, though. All those health issues in one family. ... Mein Gott. ...  :(

We'll just send you some cheese and crackers for Christmas, to go with the whine. ...  ;)

(((Jack))) (((Katrina)))
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2007, 11:23:44 am »
Wow, Jack, I'm so sorry to hear about all that you've been going through. That is way too much to deal with, even one thing at a time, let alone all at once.

We all get stressed out and lash out now and then. But not everybody recognizes it as immediately and apologizes as graciously as you just did.

And Mel, sounds like you'll have a rough Christmas, too.

Good thoughts going out to both of you.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2007, 11:33:16 am »
  And then to all of Denver to do right by you.

Laura and I have been trying to reach Jack by phone, but we will redouble our efforts. Jack answer your effin phone, willya??

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2007, 12:36:26 pm »
(((Jack and Katrina, Melissa and sister)))

Here's wishing you lots of roses to smell in the coming year.  You deserve them!  :-*

Ich bin ein Brokie...

mvansand76

« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2007, 01:44:38 pm »
(((Jack and Katrina, Melissa and sister)))

Here's wishing you lots of roses to smell in the coming year.  You deserve them!  :-*

Thank you soooo much, Meryl....  :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2007, 03:48:55 pm »
Melissa, I wish you, your sister, and her kids the warmest of New Year's.  None of us know what the next year will hold, so being together now sounds like the right plan.  I love your priorities.  Maybe your boyfriend will paint something he wouldn't have if he hadn't had the empty time to fill.

mvansand76

« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2007, 04:48:36 pm »
Melissa, I wish you, your sister, and her kids the warmest of New Year's.  None of us know what the next year will hold, so being together now sounds like the right plan.  I love your priorities.  Maybe your boyfriend will paint something he wouldn't have if he hadn't had the empty time to fill.

Thanks you...  :-* Yeah, being with her sounds like the right thing to do! 2008 will be the year that she will beat cancer.

We will be making 'oliebollen', the traditional Dutch New Year's eve snack. It's fried dough with currants. Yummy! My boyfriend is painting all day and he has his first exhibition right now until the end of January! It's very exciting!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2007, 05:16:44 pm »
Thanks you...  :-* Yeah, being with her sounds like the right thing to do! 2008 will be the year that she will beat cancer.

We will be making 'oliebollen', the traditional Dutch New Year's eve snack. It's fried dough with currants. Yummy! My boyfriend is painting all day and he has his first exhibition right now until the end of January! It's very exciting!

Are his BBM paintings in the exhibition?  Oliebollen sounds delish.

mvansand76

« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2007, 03:59:35 am »

Are his BBM paintings in the exhibition?  Oliebollen sounds delish.

Yes, the BBM painting he made for me is at the exhibition too!  :D