Author Topic: What Are You Doing for New Year's Eve?  (Read 278462 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: What are you doing for New Year's?
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2006, 02:52:29 am »
How sweet of you!! Actually I pigged out on avocado at Wahoo's Fish Taco place today with latjoreme and EDelMar!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2006, 03:04:23 am »
It was probably roughly at pig out time that I was in that store, and something told me you didn't need them avocados anymore. :)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2006, 04:37:14 am »
Party
friends
cake
candles

Heathen

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2006, 11:20:06 am »
Well, I have a goddamn bitch of an unsatisfactory cold!  I'll need a nap.

I'm in Provincetown with a few friends and my little French neice and nephew (8 and 10).  We'll have oysters and lobster for dinner.  The kids get to stay up late tonight.  We'll do the French tradition:  everyone grabs a pot and a spoon, and bang like hell to chase the old year out of every corner of the house.

Good champagne, of course.  Probably waffles for breakfast.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2006, 11:29:57 am »
You take care of yourself, Paul! This is nurse Leslie talking...

That fondue looks great, Pent. We are actually thinking of having a raclette party, maybe tomorrow.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2006, 01:54:36 pm »
Well, I have a goddamn bitch of an unsatisfactory cold!  I'll need a nap.

I'm in Provincetown with a few friends and my little French neice and nephew (8 and 10).  We'll have oysters and lobster for dinner.  The kids get to stay up late tonight.  We'll do the French tradition:  everyone grabs a pot and a spoon, and bang like hell to chase the old year out of every corner of the house.

Good champagne, of course.  Probably waffles for breakfast.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Paul, so sorry you're nursing a cold.  Feel better!  You reminded me of two New Year's traditions:  banging on pots and pans and eating lobster.  I think I'll join you in both!  :D

I'll be having lunch at the Boathouse tomorrow, where we've had several Brokie get-togethers, and I'll be with two of my Lord of the Rings friends who were with me at my first viewing of Brokeback Mountain.  I'm definitely ordering champagne and lobster, if it's on the menu, budget be damned!  ;D

A solemn YEEHAW to all Brokies everywhere and best wishes for a fantastic New Year.  See you in Estes Park and Alberta!   :-*

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2006, 03:33:18 pm »
My partner, David, and I usually go to sleep early on New Year’s Eve, sometimes after fixin a special dinner for ourselves.  This year we decided to go to an 8:30pm New Year’s Eve Concert (Beethoven Symphony No. 9, Mozart Magic Flute Overture and famous arias) being held in the Sanctuary of the San Francisco Unitarian Church, followed by a Champagne reception.

I happened to mention our plans in an E-mail to Michael Flanagan (michaelflanagansf) and Linda (Auntie; Killersmom).  Linda is visiting San Francisco for a few days from Texas and Michael is showin her around.  I wanted to get together with them.  He told me that his New Year’s Eve plans fell though and that they were interested in the concert.  :) 

So, I’ve invited them both to come on over for dinner with David and me. Then the four of us will go to the concert.  So now I need to red-line it over to the farmers’ market to get some grub to fix for dinner (even though I’m pretty good with a can opener.)  This will also be the first occasion where I can show off my BBM billboard panel in our dining room (with some additions: The BBM Day in SF Proclamation, a pic of original billboard, and the other billboard panels at Eric's place) to fellow Brokies!  ;D :o

Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2007, 02:40:35 am »
Pete, I'm glad to hear about the holiday get-together, it sounds like a lot of fun! I just returned home from spending a couple of wonderful hours chatting with latjoreme, and then I went downtown to see the fireworks with EDelMar. I am a happy Front-Ranger tonite.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2007, 07:47:12 am »
I thinks it's great when Brokies celebrate the new year (not only new year, I love to hear of all Brokie-meetings) with fellow Brokies, people they had not known a year ago. This is really something, isn't it?

Kerstin and I were thinking of you all last night:

Leslie: And we did see Dinner for One again. Same procedure as every year..... ;)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
Re: What Are You Doing for New Year's Eve?
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2007, 08:09:21 am »
The friends I was entertaining last night left at 12.15.
And what d'you think I did? Yep, put on "Brokeback Mountain.
A wonderful new year is beginning!
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"